Ferris Wheel

We no longer need to play with each other, this game of Charades too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi hummed, waiting for her date as she checked her phone, biting her lip as she paced back and forth, filled with anxiety and excitement.

Seulgi had asked Wendy out to an amusement park, and it was their first date. They'd never been on a date before, she had no idea what to do. They've graduated from college, but everyone else still had school, so Seulgi chose a weekday to go out with her, reducing the number of people they had to deal with in an amusement park.

"You're really energetic, aren't you?" Wendy's voice came from behind her as she felt the familiar pair of arms wrap around her waist, making Seulgi turn around on the spot, her eyes looking at the shorter girl excitedly.

"I am because I know you'll be here," Seulgi whispered as she smiled before glancing around, "Not in public, we may be in love but we're still lesbians, aren't we?"

"Yeah, yeah we are," Wendy nodded, a slight smile on her lips as she let go of her waist, "but that doesn't mean I'm not going to sneak some in," she whispered, quickly pecking Seulgi's lips as she held onto her hand.

"Then sneak more in," Seulgi said, lacing her fingers with hers, "I already bought tickets for us, there are not that many people, so we should be fine."

"I don't mind if there's people or not, standing around in line with you is still spending time with you, isn't it?" Wendy said, leading Seulgi in as Seulgi could only follow, her heart melting at her words.

 

"Do you enjoy rollercoasters?" Seulgi asked, holding on to a small box of popcorn, her attention grabbed by the rollercoaster they were walking beside.

"Do you? If you want to ride it, I don't mind riding it with you," Wendy replied, quietly eating Seulgi's popcorn.

"Awesome!" Seulgi said, tugging Wendy towards the line, handing her the empty box of popcorn, "Also, I didn't eat a single piece, you're throwing it away."

"Fine, fine," Wendy chuckled as she followed her, grabbing the empty box from her, folding it up neatly and stuffing it in her pocket for later.

 

As the two of them got into the rollercoaster, Seulgi was very visibly excited. She enjoyed thrill rides and going on one with the love of her life was a small dream come true. As she grabbed Wendy's hand, however, she felt a slight tremble.

Wendy was never the type of person to enjoy things like rollercoasters, it wasn't necessarily fear, she just never liked it, but seeing Seulgi all excited and happy for it made her weak. She didn't want to disappoint her, so she decided that, for just once, she can go on it with her. But that doesn't stop her from being nervous. As she felt Seulgi's hand in hers, the trembling seemed to stop, enjoying the feeling as Seulgi gently caressed her thumb on the back of her hand.

No words needed to be said, Wendy suddenly felt much better as she gripped her hand tightly, the metal bars coming down on them as they went off.

Rises and falls, looping loops and upside-down tracks, Wendy could barely scream, the want to scream stuck in as she somehow managed to glance at Seulgi, unbelievably looking like she was having the time of their life. And that was enough for her.

As the machine screeched to a halt and the metal bars came off, Seulgi scrambled out of it, an excited expression on her face as Wendy followed along, quietly holding onto her hand as she sighed, thankful that it was over.

"Do you want to go ag–"

"I love you, but no," Wendy interrupted her, dragging her out almost instantly, her hand still shaking from the experience.

"Did you not like it?" Seulgi asked, mildly worried that she upset her.

"It's not that I don't like it, I just– don't like it," Wendy said, struggling to tell her as she held her hand, "I might get used to it one day, but I just never really liked exciting rides like those."

"I understand, would yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter