Spin off 3: Felicidad

Memories of Alhambra
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuta and Taeyong smiled at the sight of Johnny waving at them from the end of the arrival hall. Suh announced before the trip that he would pick up the couple from the airport as soon as they landed in Honolulu. The groom-to-be wore shorts, flip-flops, dark sunglasses, and a short-sleeved Hawaiian shirt. It was hard to be surprised, the weather in Hawaii was not only beautiful but also hot. Yuta became convinced of it as soon as they left the parking lot, and the heat hit him in the face.

 

Johnny had to choose Hawaii for his bachelor party. The Japanese thought as they got into his car.

 

"Long time no see!" Jaehyun greeted them, standing on the terrace as the three men got out in front of the villa Johnny had rented earlier.

 

It was a two-story villa with a private garden and swimming pool, which the bachelor had rented for himself and his friends to spend his last days of ''freedom'' with them. The little house had light blue walls with white shutters and door frames. There was a three-step staircase leading to it, and right next to the front door there was a small terrace with a rocking chair and a wooden table. Entering inside, Yuta was speechless with the impression of how spacious the place was.

 

The open kitchen with white furniture and an island in the center was on the right side of the house. Right next to it was a large table for several people, which gave the impression of a separate dining room. To the side was a staircase to the second floor, and to their left was a lounge with a leather corner seating, fireplace, and a pool table. Johnny, seeing his friends dumbfounded with the room, pushed them gently in, helping them carry their luggage upstairs.

 

“Jaehyun and I are in the downstairs rooms. You have this floor to yourself with a bathroom, just be gentle and don't break anything. The deposit was damn high." The Korean laughed at Taeyong's flushed cheeks, who quickly understood his cousin's subtext.

 

"Anyone else joining us?" Yuta asked before entering the bedroom.

 

“Doyoung will be here tonight if his flight is not delayed. One more thing! After Jae picks him up from the airport, we're going to dinner, so powder your noses, princes." Johnny started to laugh out loud but fell silent when the Japanese hit him on the back of the head, closing the door in his face.

 

"Wow, Johnny really did his best." Taeyong said, throwing his luggage beside the large king-size bed.

 

The room they were given was not much smaller than the lounge at the bottom of the villa. Their bed was not far from the balcony door that led to a small terrace with a table and two chairs. From it, there was a view of the golden beach and their swimming pool in the backyard garden. The walls of the room were bright green. The couple had their walk-in closet, coffee table with soft armchairs, and access to the bathroom, which, apart from the shower, also offered a massage bathtub.

 

Before they started unpacking, Yuta grabbed Taeyong's hand and with glittering eyes, he said. "How about we take a refreshing bath before we go out?" The Korean couldn't say no to his boyfriend and while Yuta was filling the bathtub for them, he only managed to grab the towels and bath gel before they disappeared behind the bathroom door.

 

As Johnny had said, Doyoung was on time, and as soon as he had unpacked in his and Jaehyun's room and had a shower, a group of friends took a taxi to the downtown restaurant where Johnny had a table reserved for tonight. They didn't have any pre-arranged dress code, but somehow they looked quite similar. Each of the men chose black pants with loose shirts that differed only in colors and patterns. Yuta and Doyoung laughed as they chose the same type of jewelry - silver necklaces - without prior arrangement.

 

When they got there, the waiter led them to a table on the terrace, a few meters from the main hall, so that the men could enjoy a quieter atmosphere and privacy. The sky above them was starting to darken, and emerging stars flickered illuminating it. While waiting for the ordered dishes, the friends talked about everything and nothing, occasionally admiring the city, which the street lamps were slowly beginning to illuminate.

 

When their table was finally full of delicacies, the boys grabbed the glasses, lifting them a little upwards.

 

"Let's drink to the health of our future groom! Let your future marriage be just a streak of happiness and endless love!" Taeyong spoke up and everyone cheered after him. For the first time in a long time, Johnny felt touched and thanked his friends with emotion in his voice.

 

The feast filled their stomachs and the alcohol made the atmosphere more relaxing. It was approaching midnight when Doyoung unexpectedly offered to go to some club. Everyone looked at him in surprise, even Jaehyun, who knew his boyfriend well and knew that he was a calm person who was not keen on this kind of entertainment.

 

"Come on! After all, you only have a bachelor party once in a lifetime! Don't act like s!" A slightly drunk Korean hiccupped, and the rest agreed, and before they knew it, the taxi driver dropped them off at the most popular club in Honolulu.

 

Jaehyun struggled not to laugh as he saw his boyfriend pretended to be sober when he ordered them drinks, using the stiff English he had learned in college. Unable to look at his distraction, he grabbed his waist and asked Taeyong to take a tray of liquor to their table as he was sure Doyoung would spill half on the way. They sat down on the leather sofas, feeling like teenagers again.

 

When the glasses were empty the friends like one husband decided it was the right time to take the dance floor. It didn't matter to them that they hardly heard their voices because the music was so loud, and they screamed and laughed so hard. Meanwhile, they poured more rounds of drinks into each other, making them the last of the guests to leave the club as a new day was beginning to start.

 

“You have really soft lips. What lip balm do you use?" Johnny asked Yuta, who was sitting on his lap. Taeyong sat next to him, his heavy head resting on the taxi's window in which they were driving.

 

"Did you two kiss?" He asked in a tired voice, not moving from his seat.

 

“Of course not, you fool. I just let him touch them. And I use vanilla one from Nivea, John." Yuta chuckled, taking Taeyong's hand to intertwine their fingers.

 

"But why, the ?" The man hiccupped and Johnny laughed in a deep voice.

 

"The same reason you squeezed Doi'es ." The Japanese rested his head against Johnny's chest, yawning.

 

"Touché." Lee moved closer to his cousin and rested his head on his shoulder as the chill pouring from the window was starting to irritate him.

 

"What happened at the club stays at the club!" Jaehyun shouted from the front seat and Doyoung had to silence him with a kiss as the taxi driver was about to kick them out for the noise they were making.

 

Somehow they got home and didn't even sleep a bit when they were awakened by Johnny's scream, announcing that there was no time to waste their youth, giving them no more than an hour to pull themselves together, take a bath and eat breakfast before they will go on the trip he has planned for them.

 

"How the did he get sober and rested in such a short time!?" Doyoung groaned under his breath.

 

"Years of experience." Jaehyun replied pouring himself some coffee. 

 

Sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter