Story Time #5

BTS STORYTIME!

Story Time #5: The Sweet Calling 

 

🔺Pairings: Jungkook x Reader 

🔺Genre: Supernatural   

🔺Ratings: PG 

🔺Warnings: Death and Highly suggestive emotions. 

🔺Summary: He’s beautiful, isn’t he? He sings to you, he calls to you. Will you follow? 

🔺Word Count: 940 words 

 

 

You stared at the forest in thought. You could hear it again. 

The singing. 

The soft singing that only you can hear. 

It vibrated around you like wind. You felt attracted to it. You wanted to follow it, but you can’t. 

Every year, on your birthday, you would hear a voice singing to you. A very soft, sweet voice that attracts you to enter the deep forest. It calls to you, begging for you to come to it. It almost felt like you had a connection with it. You would always feel at peace whenever you hear the singing. It soothed you and provided you support on your lowest times. 

At first, you thought it was a women, but as the years passed, you realized that it’s a boy. 

The voice that sung to you, belonged to a young boy. You had no idea how you came to that conclusion, but with the various dreams you get of him, you just knew that it was him. 

He was calling to you. He wants you to follow him. 

And if your being honest, you wanted to go after him. 

“Y/N!” You turned around to face your father. He looked furious and scared at the same time. “Y/N, get away from the forest!” Your eyes blinked in confusion. 

“What are you talking about, appa?” You voiced out your thoughts. Your father looked more scared than ever. His eyes fixed on the scene behind you. 

You looked back too, only to discover how close you were standing to the tree line. You hadn’t realised how close you had walked to the forbidden line. 

In your village, it was forbidden for young girls like you to go anywhere close to the Red line that separates your village to their land. It was located at the front of the forest. The very place you were standing on right now. 

“Sweety, come back here. I made your favourite soup.” That was your mother calling out to you. She has also joined your father, in addition to several other people. You could see your two brothers, motioning you to join them. 

Just like the oblivious girl you are, you smiled and stepped closer to your family. But, something stopped you again. 

A voice. 

It was his voice. 

He was singing to you again. He was calling out to you. 

“Honey, don’t listen to the voice.” Your mother called out, coming closer. “Just walk straight to me. I’m right here.” 

“But he’s calling to me, Omma.” You said, glancing back at the dark forest. It didn’t seem scary to you. Infact, you felt as if you belonged here. 

“There’s no-one there, you foolish girl!” An elder in your village yelled. “Go back to your mother this instant.” 

“No.” You said, shaking your head. “I want to find him.” You declared. Call it a feeling but you wanted to get away from your traditionalist family. 

“Y/N!” You ignored your father’s loud and angry voice. 

Turning back to the forest, you lifted your right foot to cross onto their land. As soon as you entered, everything around you quietened. You turned around to look for your family but the view of your village has vanished. All you could see is the dark forest and tall trees that are spread out like a Maze. 

You were confused. The sudden magic in the air didn’t faze you a bit. Instead, you tried to listen to his voice again. A second later, you heard it. Following the lyrics, you found him standing ten feet away from you.

He was dressed a bit lowly compared to your elegant dress. But he still looked beautiful in them. He looked divine. An angel to be precise. But he was walking away from you. 

You tried to call him back, but you stopped when he threw a teasing grin at your face. At that moment, you just knew that he was teasing you. He was playing with you. 

Giggling to yourself, you blushed. If that’s what he wants, then that’s what you will do. With a sudden excitement pulsing through your veins, you picked up the ends of your skirt and ran after the singing boy. 

Outside in the village, every elder, every child, every family watched as you suddenly disappear from their view. Your family panics and sent out parties to search for you. But after days of hiking, and hours of looking, they all came back empty handed. 

No-one could find you... until, a week later, a working housewife in your village discovered your dead body in the lake beside her house. 

You were floating, with dead open eyes and a haunting look on your face. Your skin was pale white and soaked with water. There was a bloody hole in your chest. 

A hole where your heart used to reside. 

 

————EPILOGUE————

 

The small village of Ulsan has a very old, ancient legend attached to it. A legend of a very dangerous mythical creature known as ‘The Fae’. They are beautiful in appearance but are cruel, man-eating monsters from inside. Everyone in the village knows how a Fae lures it’s prey with its voice and then eats them up without a care. But this one in particular was unique. He preyed on young foolish girls, luring them in with his angelic voice of a singer. Once caught in his trap, he eats their hearts out without mercy. 

It’s funny how you fell in his trap. You knew who he was. You heard his stories. But you still followed him. What a foolish girl you are. Have fun in heaven.