I'm here for you (2)

If only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Moving was always uneasy, especially when the comeback day got closer and closer.

Packing things was a tiring task, but unpacking and putting them in the right place were even harder. So when Yongsun stood in the middle of the living room in her new apartment, unopened cardboard boxes lying everywhere that the floor was barely seen, she could only let out a deep sigh.

“It’s gonna take me a day”, Yongsun mumbled cheerlessly. It was more boring as she had to do it alone. Even though the number of boxes was less than the previous time as her sister had no longer lived with her, but having someone around to share the work, sometimes bickering, was much better.

At that time, her doorbell rang. Yongsun walked to open the door, wondering which box had not arrived yet. She thought everything was already here, she had seen the truck leaving. Her memory was right as standing outside was not two men of the moving service but Byulyi and her husband.

She was surprised at first, but then she remembered Byulyi asking what day she was moving in a few days ago. The couple was in their casual clothes, warm smiles on their faces. They were more than ready to share the work with her.

 

Byulyi was so enthusiastic about this, asking confidently where they should start as soon as the couple got in her house. But to Byulyi’s disappointment, two hands blocked her right before she could step in the living room.

“It’s dangerous”, Yongsun and Junghoon said at the same time. They looked at each other in surprise, exchanging an awkward smile.

Their attention soon went back to Byulyi, who already had a sulky pout on her face. Honestly, Yongsun just wanted Byulyi to sit still and do nothing as there were so many things the younger girl could accidentally bump in or slip. She knew Junghoon would have the same thought, but she also knew Byulyi would be upset and sulking for hours if they told her to do so.

Yongsun walked into the living room and came back with a cardboard box with “clothes” name tag on it. Junghoon immediately got her idea and offered to carry the box for her. She passed it to him with a quick thank, then took Byulyi’s hand and led the couple to her bedroom. Before they came, she had already done with this room so now it was neat, comfy, and safe. She made Byulyi sit on her bed and told Junghoon to place the box by the bed.

“Can you help me organize my clothes into the closet?” She asked and Byulyi’s face brightened up in a second. “I still have some more boxes of clothes over there. So please stay in here and help me with them okay?”

Byulyi nodded her head enthusiastically, telling her not to worry about it with confidence. The younger girl began to do her task while humming happily. Yongsun and Junghoon also started working after making sure Byulyi was all safe and in a good mood.

 

Junghoon did all of the hard tasks that Yongsun barely had a chance to use her muscles. She watched him carrying heavy boxes room-to-room with ease, not showing any signs of struggle or tiredness on his face at all. He not only put things in the right place but also helped clean them carefully.

Yongsun felt relieved, he was so reliable for Byulyi.

Byulyi seemed to have fun with her task and stayed obediently in her bedroom. The younger girl sometimes called her to ask where she wanted to put those clothes or make a comment on nice or weird clothes the younger girl just found in the boxes. Sometimes Byulyi called her urgently, which made her put down whatever thing in her hands and run to her room, but then she only received a “nothing” with a playful smile from the younger girl.

Byulyi always loved annoying her, Yongsun knew it well. She pretended to get annoyed, warning the younger girl with a fake death glare, which only made Byulyi giggle more and do it again soon.

Byulyi enjoyed annoying her, and she enjoyed seeing Byulyi’s smile.

Yongsun had no longer felt bored.

 

It’s fun to be with Byulyi.

-----------

 

 

“It must be tiring”, the make-up artist said while trying to remove the ruined eye-liner.

Yongsun mumbled an apology. She didn’t realize that she had dozed off until she heard a gasp from the make-up artist. She shook her head a few times, fighting back her sleepiness. The older woman sent her a sympathetic look when she let out a big yawn. She could not get much sleep last night.

“Why did you move to such a far place?” The make-up artist asked, knowing it was the reason for her current state.

Yongsun’s heart suddenly beat faster as if she was caught doing something bad. The older woman was not the first person to ask her this question.

One of her managers used to ask her this question every morning with a big yawn when she came to pick her up in the first week after she had moved to the new apartment. Another manager also asked her with a tired voice when he drove her back to her apartment after their schedule had ended. It was tiring for both her and the managers, Yongsun knew it well as she always mumbled an apology between her yawn, which made both her and the other laugh.

In those times, her answers to the question were always the same.

“It’s a nice place.”

The rooms were large. The furniture was luxurious. The equipment was modern. The view was great. The security was good…

The others all had those thoughts after hearing her answer. They were all true, but not the main reason.

“How is Byulie doing these days?”

Yongsun suddenly felt more energetic when the familiar name was mentioned. A wide smile formed on her sleepy face as she started talking about the younger girl.

“She’s doing well unnie. She just came to my house yesterday and we-”

 

It’s nice to be with Byulyi.

-----------

 

 

*ping pong*

The doorbell rang as soon as Yongsun stepped out from her bathroom. She walked to the main door with the towel still on her head, a few drops of water dripped from her hair.

Why does she come at this time?  

Yongsun questioned herself. She already knew who was standing outside the door without checking the security camera. It was not something strange for Byulyi to come to her house, but the younger girl usually would not come after 7 p.m, when Junghoon already got home. Plus she didn’t tell Byulyi that she had finished her schedule early today as she wanted to have some relaxing time alone after those busy days.

It didn’t mean she was gonna complain. To be honest, she was happy. They were not able to meet the past few days because of the promotion for the comeback.

She missed Byulyi.

 

Yongsun opened the door and as expected, it was Byulyi.

There was one thing she didn’t expect, Byulyi was standing there, tears running down her cheeks. Yongsun was dumbfounded at the unwanted scene. Before she could react, Byulyi had run to her, sobbing on her shoulders while hugging her tightly. The door behind them shut automatically.

Yongsun did not know how long they had stayed in this position, her hair started to dry while her right shoulder was getting soaked. Her hands had been rubbing on Byulyi’s back restlessly but the sob only got louder and louder. No matter how hard she tried to soothe and ask what had happened, Byulyi was still crying without saying anything. The worry in her built up more and more when she heard the younger girl choke on her tears. Yongsun could only tighten the hug as her heart clenched at the painful sound.

 

 

“You okay?” Yongsun asked worriedly once they sat on the sofa in her living room.

Byulyi had already stopped sobbing, only having a runny nose and puffy eyes. The younger girl nodded her head lightly while receiving some tissues from Yongsun. Her face and nose had become all red because of crying.

Yongsun watched Byulyi blow her nose a few times. She waited until the younger girl was calmer before asking again.

“Want to talk about it?”

Byulyi’s eyes welled with tears as soon as she finished her sentence. Yongsun became panic, her hands waved awkwardly to protest her own question.

“Okay okay, forget it. We won’t talk about it.” Yongsun said in a rush. “Stay here. I’m gonna bring some water for you.” She got up from her seat and walked to the kitchen. On the way she still looked back several times to check on the younger girl.  

Byulyi had become more sentimental, which according to Wheein was common for a pregnant woman. Recently Yongsun got to know a term stand for that, mood swings. The younger girl could easily get angry, sulky or emotional over a small thing, and sometimes weird. The last time Byulyi came to her house and they watched their favorite variety show together, the younger girl suddenly broke in tears. Yongsun could not believe in her ears when she heard the reason: the passing-by corgi was too cute.

She wondered what Byulyi had just watched this time.  

 

 

“He has another woman”, Byulyi spoke up.

Yongsun almost dropped the glass of warm water in her hand. Her eyes and mouth opened wide in shock.

“What...Who-” Her lips trembled as no words were able to escape when she met Byulyi’s puffy eyes.

It can’t be…

Byulyi only gave her a sad smile. The younger girl had no longer cried, but the tears on her face had not dried yet. Yongsun’s attention went to Byulyi’s hand which was resting on the round belly. Her free hand unconsciously turned into a fist at that scene.

My Byulyi…

In a swift motion, Yongsun placed the glass on the table and sat down beside Byulyi. She then grabbed the Byulyi’s shoulders, forcing the younger girl to look directly in her eyes. Byulyi was confused at her sudden action, triangle mouth slightly opened.

Her heart pounded crazily. A deep sigh. She was going to say it.

*ping pong*

Yongsun’s body jerked. She got on her feet in a blink of an eye.

“Drink some water. I will be right back.” She said and left, which made Byulyi even more confused.

 

I must be crazy  

She cursed hersel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter