If only it was me

If only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 “Byul-ah, you have changed”

Her Byulyi has changed

Everyone could notice it in the blink of an eye.

 

“Byul-ah, you look brighter these days.”

“You look healthier Byulie.”

“Oh Moon Byulyi, you got prettier.”

“Don’t you think Byulyi has become lively recently?”

Byulyi is living a better life

 

“I should find a boyfriend like Junghoon-ssi. My life .” Yongsun overheard a conversation between their staff one day.

“Yah, stop dreaming. You are not Byulie.”

And I was not the reason

The one who could give Byulyi a better life,

If only it was me… 

-----------

 

 

“Byulie-unnie, we’re gonna order food. What do you want for lunch?” Wheein asked as soon as she saw Byulyi coming back from the restroom. Four of them were gathering at the practice room after having finished recording the title song for their upcoming comeback. 

“Ah, it’s fine. You don’t have to order for me.”

Yongsun frowned at the younger girl’s reply.

She’s like this again

“Why?” She was not the only one worried about this bad habit of Byulyi. As soon as they had a comeback, Byulyi would start eating little and little. “You’re not eating? That’s not good unnie!” Hyejin nagged, sometimes Yongsun wondered who was the real older among the two.

“No it’s not like that”, Byulyi explained in a rush, cringing at the death stare the youngest girl was giving her. “I have brought my lunchbox tho…” She pointed at the big bag on the table.

“Hyejin, can you pinch me?” Wheein tapped her friend’s shoulder lightly. “Am I dreaming? Our Byulie princess, who cannot cook the rice well, packed a lunchbox???”

“Yah I can cook the rice well by cooker!” Byulyi defended weakly. “And Junghoon-oppa made it, not me. He said that I had to eat more nutritious food as the preparation for the album would be hard. He doesn’t want me to fall sick.”

“Argh, those love birds~” Hyejin groaned. “They always know how to brag their love and make us jealous.”

Byulyi’s face blushed red at the younger girl’s comment.

“Would you like to have some? He made quite a lot even though I said that I could not eat much.” Byulyi said excitedly.

“Thank you unnie, but I’m allergic to an ingredient in it.” Hyejin rejected immediately.

“What are you allergic to?” Byulyi looked confused. She had never heard about Hyejin having an allergy. “But you haven’t known what it has inside yet.”

“Love”

“Stop teasing me~~” Byulyi whined while the two young girls were busy laughing at her.

“Unnie you’d better finish all of it, or I will tell Junghoon-oppa”, Wheein warned playfully.

Surprisingly, Byulyi took that warning serious and finished her lunchbox until the last grain of rice. In the end, they had to start the choreography practice 30 minutes later than their schedule because Byulyi was too full to move her body.

 

 

“This is the first time I’ve seen Byulie not losing weight when having a comeback.”

Everyone in their company was surprised.

It had used to be one of Byulyi’s bad habits, very bad one, and nobody was able to fix it, even Yongsun. No matter how hard had she tried, how many ways had she used, sweet words or threatens, advice or scolding, she still had to see her Byulyi gradually getting skinnier and skinnier each comeback. It pained her a lot.

This time was different. For the first time since they debuted, she was able to see Byulyi eating well, resting well and not falling sick once.

 

 

“I’ve just eaten”, Byulyi was talking on her phone when they were resting in their waiting room after the rehearsal. “I know. I won’t take too much vitamins. You’ve taken away all of my vitamins already tho”, her voice seemed softer than usual. 

“I know, I know~~ Drink much warm water. You don’t have to repeat it again and again, I’m not a baby.” But was she whining right now? “You need to take care too. Don’t drink too much coffee, try to sleep when you can.” And now she was the one nagging.

“You have to go in operating room now?  Uhm, I got it. Don’t overwork oppa. Lo-” There was a sudden pause. “Bye!” Byulyi ended the call in a hurry and looked up nervously. “Here they go again”, she mumbled helplessly.

“Don’t overwork oppa~~ I love youuu~~” Wheein was the one starting first this time.

“Aigoo our Byulie, you should eat well and drink much warm water okay? Love you too~” Hyejin soon joined her friend. The waiting room bustled once the two young girls started making kissing sounds.

“Byulie has become much healthier since she dated with Junghoon-ssi”, the hairstylist said with a smile while doing Yongsun’s hair. They were as close as family members now. “It’s good to see her lively every day.”

It’s really good to see her healthy and lively

The bad habit she could not fix for more than six years,

It only took him six months to change everything.

 

 

The one who could take a good care of Byulyi

If only it was me…

-----------
 

Yongsun let out a small groan while stretching her whole body. She could hear her bones creaking between each stretch. I’m old, she chuckled.

Finally it’s done. The song she had been working hard for a week was finally done, another song for her fans. Music filled her small working room as soon as she pressed play button. The smile on her face grew wider and wider. She was quite satisfied with her result. Now she only needed some feedback.

 

 

“Unnie, do you know where is Byul now?” A staff passed by when Yongsun was standing in front of Byulyi’s working room. The door was locked and Byulyi seemed not to be inside.

Has she gone home already?

“Byulie? She’s in the meeting room.”

That’s why she didn’t answer my phone call.

“Meeting room? What for?”

 “They’re working about malicious comments and they need a representative from your group, so we called Byulyi.”

No way

“WHY DIDN’T YOU CALL ME?” Yongsun unconsciously raised her voice. “I’m the leader tho.”

They mustn’t let Byulyi read them

“We thought you were busy, and they said most of the malicious comments they have collected are about Byulyi, so-” The staff explained timidly. Yongsun’s serious expression must have scared her,

“THAT’S WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED ME!”  Yongsun could not keep calm anymore. Her feet started to move. She must take Byulyi out of there. Those people, they did not know anything. They did not know how much Byulyi had suffered, how traumatized Byulyi had been because of those stupid comments.

They did not know, but Yongsun knew everything. She was the one seeing Byulyi cry in the toilet, on the bathroom floor, on her bed and even in her sleep. She was the one finding a vulnerable Byulyi, who stood in front of her apartment at midnight, covered in cold sweats after waking up from a nightmare, bringing the younger girl into her house and soothing her all night. She was the one calling Byulyi every night before going to sleep, to tell the younger girl how good she was, to help her escape from the shadow of those bad words. Yongsun had tried her best to shield Byulyi from her worst nightmare.

 

 

“Hyemin-unnie, where is Byul?” Yongsun asked impatiently while catching her breath. There was no one in the meeting room except their manager.

“She just left. The meeting just ended

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter