You fill my heart

How long will we play? This Game of Charades

Seulgi wasn't the type of person to be calm about things. Despite her cold and cool disposition that she displayed to everyone, she was an emotional person, and often finds herself overthinking about many things. Many, many things. Stuff that didn't even directly affect her would fill her head with 'what if' and 'why not', and would easily distract her, even if she knew very well she was being distracted. With their finals coming up, she was clearly worried about them, but she was more concerned about Wendy. What if she never told Wendy she loved her? What if she did? There's no way their relationship could extend beyond their school life, given how much Wendy seems to hate her guts. And every single fibre of her being was torn apart between accepting their situation and changing their relationship. To her, a confession would absolutely destroy their relationship and dynamic, but maybe she won't be so cold towards her anymore?

'But she'd be creeped out, no, she'd definitely be creeped out. You've told yourself this for years, for every single time you've had these thoughts in your head. She would never accept you for who you are, because it's me' Seulgi thought, her feet leading her aimlessly through the hallways as she sighed, her bag feeling heavier than usual.

She rubbed her head in frustration as she felt so conflicted. She didn't want to ruin their dynamic. The way things are, Wendy could still put up with her. She could still see her. But her feelings for her were growing. Day by day, every hour, every second. It felt like they were bursting from her heart, but her mind held her back. Her incessant questions about her decision were tearing her apart.

And sometimes when we have questions, we find someone to confide in. Someone we trust. Like our parents.

"Irene?" Seulgi asked as she poked her head through her classroom doorway, spotting Irene in the corner doing her work.

Or at least a friend who nags like one.

"What is it this time Seulgi? I have a lot of work to do, and you should too. Finals are coming up and you know how I feel about my grades." Irene sighed, not bothering to look up as she used her foot to nudge the chair in front of her.

Seulgi shuffled over as she plopped onto the chair, placing her bag on the ground beside her as she rested her forehead on the edge of Irene's desk. "I have a problem," she said as she looked up at her, "and I think I can trust you with it."

"Do I have to do any physical labour?" She asked as she glanced at her for a moment before returning her focus to the book on her desk.

"No, none at all, I just need a second opinion on something," Seulgi said, straightening up as she sighed. "About love," she said, determinedly clenching her fists.

"And what makes you think I'm the one to get a second opinion from?" She asked, still not looking up at her.

"I'm not sure, I was so distracted the entire day, and I just wanted to talk to someone and you were the first one that came to mind," She explained as she looked at her.

"Are you hitting on me?"

"What? No!"

"I'm kidding, now what is it?"

"I've liked this person. I still like this person a lot, but I'm afraid of whether they'll accept me if I suddenly tell them that I like them. You know that I'm not affectionate, so I don't exactly show my feelings to others that easily. I'm pretty sure they don't like me back, but I don't really mind, I just feel like my feelings have been boiling over recently, and I feel like I'm going to explode if I don't do anything soon, and–" Seulgi said, clenching her fists nervously as Irene interrupted her, closing her book, finally looking at her in the eye.

"How do you feel about her? Do you want her to know that you love her?" She asked, resting her chin on her hand.

"W–well, yeah," she mumbled, looking down as she answered before looking up at her, "but–"

"Zp–" Irene shushed her, mimicking a zipper as she looked at her, "you wanted my second opinion, and this is my second opinion. Just tell her. If she reciprocates your feelings, it's great. If not, you can move on. At least you managed to get the weight off your chest."

"Of course, it's fine if you don't confess, I understand how you feel, but it'd be a shame if you never told her. I can tell that you love her very much. Don't you?" she continued as she packed her bag, standing up as she slung her bag over her shoulder.

"I do," Seulgi replied, nodding her head as she looked at her. "Thank you, for helping me out," she said as she stood up as well, her posture and disposition more relaxed than before.

"Great, I'll see you tomorrow then," Irene said as she walked for the door.

"Also–" Seulgi said as she realised something. "What do you mean by 'her'? I never said 'her' to you," Seulgi continued as she looked at her, clearly very concerned that she accidentally let slip her crush on Wendy.

"Hm? It was just a guess. You've never felt this way about any guy you've met, but you're rather interested in girls, aren't you?" Irene asked as she looked back at her, waving as she left the room.

"Yeah, yeah, I guess," Seulgi said as she relaxed slightly, taking a deep breath as she left the room as well.

 

 

 

As she walked back home, Irene pulled her phone out and started texting Yeri. The conversation they had was interesting, and Irene was looking forward to seeing how the relationship between Wendy and Seulgi would develop.

 

"I'm home," Irene called as she opened her apartment door, taking off her shoes.

"Hey sis, how was school?" A male voice said as he popped his head out of his room.

"The only interesting thing was my friend asking me for relationship advice," she said as she took off her bag, flopping on the couch.

"Asking you for relationship advice?" he asked teasingly as he raised an eyebrow.

" off Ian," Irene said as she threatened to throw a pillow at him. "Besides, I personally think I've helped her out."

"Of course you did," Ian said as he rolled his eyes. "And what poor soul did you give advice to?" he asked as he leaned on the back of the couch.

"Seulgi, but you won't know her," Irene said as she stood up, stretching as she looked at her brother.

"Actually, I do."

"You do?"