You fill my head

How long will we play? This Game of Charades

"HEY!" Yeri yelled as she slammed her hands onto Wendy's desk, causing her to jump.

"What the Yeri!" Wendy yelled back in shock as she glared at her.

"You alright? You were distracted and sighing nearly every minute during class just now," Yeri asked as she took a seat beside her, gently holding her shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine, just a little stressed, that's all," Wendy replied as she sighed for approximately the thousandth time today.

"You're rarely this stressed about examinations, and judging by the way you were sighing, is it love problems?" Yeri asked teasingly, gently nudging her side.

"What are you talking about, of course not!" Wendy retorted, her conscience pricked by her question.

In truth, it was love problems, ever since seeing Seulgi at the shopping mall, her mind has been haunted by the image of her disappearing before her.

Constantly walking away from her, no longer bothering to argue with her.

No longer wanting to see her.

Why?

"It's love-related problems, isn't it?" Yeri teased in a sing-song tone as she poked her shoulder repeatedly, desperately wanting the details on who she could love. Wendy wasn't the type of person to go out with people. Yeri had been her classmate for years, and she'd always see suitors get turned down almost immediately by her. No guy ever even had a vague answer like 'I'll think about it'. Just instantly shot down without a second thought, so seeing someone who could get her this flustered and distracted was a sight to behold, and something she was interested in.

"N–" Wendy said, clenching her fists tightly out of nervousness as she looked at Yeri, her worries melting away as she sighed. "Y–yes, it is. It's not like me, is it? I've been thinking about–" she said as she relaxed her fists, still mildly nervous as she turned to look at her lap. "–them a lot lately, and I'm not sure why. I'm interested in them, and they didn't exactly turn me down, but recently, they've been a little more–harsh? I guess that's a way to put it," she explained as Seulgi's name and face filled her mind.

"I'm pretty sure they don't like me in return, so I always tried to maintain my distance and just be in their presence, but they did something that seemed harsh to me. I might be overthinking about it, but seeing them do that was just painful, but I love them so much, and I never did anything to S–" she continued, her voice quivering ever so slightly as tears started to drip onto her again-clenched fists.

"BREATHE," Yeri said loudly, stopping her words as she held her shoulders firmly. "IT'SNOTLIKEYOUTOCRYLIKETHISSOTAKEADEEPBREATHANDCALMDOWN" she continued loudly, giving her shoulders a gentle squeeze.

She jolted slightly, her ears turning red as she realised what she just said, quickly wiping her tears away as she took a deep breath. "Thanks, thanks for that," Wendy mumbled as she took another deep breath, calming the emotions that filled her mind. Although they were quickly replaced by mild panic. She nearly said Seulgi, she nearly told her best friend she loved the one who hates her guts the most. What if she told her? What if SHE told HER?

"Feeling better?" Yeri asked as she handed her a tissue, patting her back gently.

"Yeah, I just needed to get it off my chest, I guess," Wendy said, wiping her eyes properly as she sniffed.

"I don't know who it is, but I can tell you're pretty head over heels for her, so just relax and remember what she means to you, alright?" Yeri said as she rubbed her back. "I'll go get you some milk, don't worry about it alright?" she offered as she stood up, making her way out of their classroom.

She should be calm, and she is. Something just didn't sit too right with Wendy. She was pretty sure she referred to Seulgi as 'them' as she was venting to her, but did Yeri say 'her'?

 

 

 

As Yeri made her way towards the canteen, she pulled out her phone and texted Irene.

I think I just learnt some forbidden knowledge.

Yeah?

I think so too.

You already know I learnt forbidden knowledge?

No .

I think I learnt forbidden knowledge too.

What's yours?

No way I'm telling you before you tell me.

Text it at the same time?

Sure.

I think Wendy likes Seulgi.
I think Seulgi likes Wendy.

"What the yooooooooo–" Yeri whispered as she looked around, extremely entertained by what's happening here.

omg

Well, that's gonna be ing awkward for them.

Should we tell them or

I don't think so.

I think they should figure it out on their own?

Plus you know Joy.

She'd be pretty pissed if we didn't let emotions flow naturally.

Yeah, you're right.

I think so too.

Let's just assume this conversation never happened

And pretend we don't know.

Do I have to pretend like I don't know this?

Did she explicitly tell you she liked Seulgi?

Well no

But she was talking to me about her but referred to her as 'them' the whole time.

But she accidentally let slip the first syllable.

And Seulgi fit the description the best, honestly.

I might have also said 'her' when referring to the one she was talking to

Well, Seulgi didn't explicitly tell me it was Wendy either.

So we can only assume it's them

Just pretend like you made a mistake or something

You know

Like parents when they call their son 'her' or their daughter 'him'

And pretend this conversation never happened.

Deleting it now.

She quickly deleted their conversation about the two's feelings for each other, still reeling from shock as she stood in the middle of the canteen, trying to process what's going on with them. "Oh this is gonna make for a great story," She mumbled as she bought a carton of milk, making her way back to Wendy.