She hates me (Wendy's Side)

How long will we play? This Game of Charades

"Could you hurry up, you said you just wanted to check it out, not read the whole series in the store." Wendy sighed as she looked over Yeri who was busy reading a book from her favourite series.

"I will, I will, but I just never knew they had an official spin-off series" she replied as she looked up at her. "I'll be done in a few minutes, alright Wendy?" she said as she clasped her hands together, looking at her with wide eyes.

"Fine, I'll be waiting outside," she said as she pinched her cheek. "And never call me Wendy, I'm serious," she added as she walked out, scrolling through her phone as she leaned against the wall.

'If only Irene were here, I'd at least have someone to spend time with' She thought as she sighed.

'Someone to spend time with...' She looked up from her phone as someone grabbed her attention from the corner of her eye.

'Seulgi?' She thought, her heart skipping a beat as she turned to look at her, making brief eye contact with her.

She was about to wave, completely on instinct, completely on the want to talk to her, completely on the idea of being with her, but she suddenly turned away. Fast.

Seeing her turn away so quickly only reminded her of the nature of their relationship.

And that broke her heart.

'Of course' she thought as she clenched her fist, bringing her hand back down as she blinked back the tears that threatened to spill.

"Hey, you alright?" Yeri said as she suddenly appeared beside her, a tissue in hand.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just some dust in my eye" she said, using the classic lie as she took the tissue from her, wiping her eyes before looking at Yeri. "Boba?"

"You're treating," Yeri said as she poked her shoulder, dragging her away.

A few minutes later, they both had their drinks, Wendy's mind still replaying the sight of Seulgi turning away from her so quickly. She'd seen Seulgi hate her for so many times, using harsh words and harsh actions, but seeing her turn away from her like that. That wasn't harsh to her.

That was cold.

"Hey, I found the bookstore that sells the spin-off series, along with some other works from the author, wanna drop by?" Yeri piped up as they walked, her feet ever so slightly leading her to the entrance.

"Yeah, sure" she replied, her tone completely deadpan as she followed her along.

"What's wrong?" Yeri asked, concerned for her friend's mood, but also excited she agreed so readily.

"Nothing, I just saw Seulgi just now and—" she said as she stopped dead in her tracks.

"Speak of the devil," Wendy said as she appeared before Joy and Seulgi.

'Ohgodofgodswhydidyougivethiswomansuchgoodlooks' She thought as she looked at Seulgi, subtly eyeing her up and down in her new outfit. Definitely different from what she was used to, but definitely looked good on her all the same.

"And what are you doing here?" Seulgi asked, her tone cold as always.

"It's a public space, so I see no reason I can't be here," she replied as she held onto Yeri's arm, dragging her away. "I'm in a good mood, and I intend to keep it."

"Have fun, don't tire Yeri out by dragging her all over!" Joy said cheerfully.

'It's the exact opposite Joy' Wendy thought as she looked back, seeing Seulgi follow Joy along as she sighed.

"Seulgi looked pretty nice," Yeri commented to Wendy, part of her wondering why did she say that, and the other part of her interested in what she'd say in return.

"Yeah, she did look pretty nice," Wendy absentmindedly replied, her mind still thinking of Seulgi before realising what she said. "But then again, but then she looks like she always does, there's no point in changing her clothes if she still looks like she always does!" she stammered as she tried her best to cover up what she said.

"What," Yeri said in response, unable to grasp what Wendy was feeling at that point in time. "That's the first time you ever complimented her, good on you. Maybe you guys might make up by graduation" she said as she gave her a firm pat on her shoulder.

'Oh right, graduation' She thought as she sighed wistfully.

'She really hates me, doesn't she?' She thought with a small sigh.