She hates me (Seulgi's Side)

How long will we play? This Game of Charades

"And why am I here?" Seulgi asked as she stood at the entrance of the shopping mall, mildly annoyed at herself for letting Joy convince her to go out. "It's a ing cold day and you asked me to go out with you, but want me to find you?"

"Of course," Joy said bluntly over the phone, sandwiched between her ear and her shoulder as she looked through some clothes.

"And why would I do that?"

"Because you love me," she said jokingly as she rolled her eyes at her through the phone.

Even though it was a joke, that sentence made Seulgi stiffen, a tossed-aside sentence pricked at her entire life as she sighed. "Don't throw that word around so casually. I can only assume you're at the same store you're always at?"

"Eh? Yeah, yeah I am," Joy said, mildly stunned at her choice of words.

"I'll be there"

"Hurry up," she cooed as she hung up, looking at her phone screen with a mildly puzzled expression. She never felt that Seulgi was the type who would say that about love. If anything, she felt like the one who would love anyone and everyone freely, and not in a good way.

'Well that's interesting' Joy thought as she kept her phone, continuing to look through the selection of clothes.

 

'Where was it again' Seulgi thought as she entered the mall, looking around as something caught her eye.

'Wendy?'

As if she could hear her, Wendy turned to look at Seulgi, both of them making eye contact for a brief moment before Seulgi turned away. Fast.

'OhgodohgodohgodohgodshelookedsocutebutwhydidIhavetoseeherhere' She thought as she made a beeline for the store, wanting to hide as fast as possible.

"Hey," Joy said as she grabbed her arm, stopping Seulgi in her tracks. "Where are you going? You were walking really fast just staring off into space"

"Huh? Oh, no, no reason, I just didn't notice the store was here" she said as she tried to compose herself, glancing down at herself. She was sweating, quite a lot. And it wasn't because of how fast she was walking. She could feel her heart pound fairly quickly. And that definitely wasn't because of how fast she was walking.

"Right, just try not to get caught by the cops," Joy joked as she handed her a small towel from her bag. "Anyway, today isn't about me. Or at least, not entirely. You need a change of clothes. Your style has been the same for the past few.....years," She said bluntly after looking her up and down.

"What's wrong with what I wear?" Seulgi asked as she wiped her sweat, wanting to question why she had a small towel in her bag.

"Nothing, it's just that it could be better," She said with a shrug. "You look like you just threw on the first thing you saw this morning"

"I did not do that," she said, knowing very well that's exactly what she did.

"Whatever you say, I know you hate trying on clothes, so I'm not telling you to try these on. Just go wear it" she said, shoving a bag with a turtleneck and a pair of cotton pants into her arms. "You complain about it being cold, but you don't bother dressing for cold weather? That's on you" she said as she turned her around and shoved her into the changing room.

A few minutes later, she was walking around with Seulgi, now dressed much better than whatever she was wearing before. Joy doesn't even want to talk about it.

"Right I'm done with this shopping mall, shall we head for another one?" Joy asked, already leading Seulgi to the entrance.

"I don't have a say in this, don't I?"

"No," She said as she dragged her out.

'I wonder where Wendy is, I would love to see her again' Seulgi thought as she wistfully sighed. Internally of course.

"Speak of the devil," Wendy said as she appeared before Joy and Seulgi, Yeri beside her.

'If there is a God, I really really hate them, but love them at the same time' Seulgi thought as she looked at Wendy.

"And what are you doing here?" Seulgi asked, already used to the tone of voice she used against her for the past few years.

"It's a public space, so I see no reason I can't be here," she replied as she held onto Yeri's arm, dragging her away. "I'm in a good mood, and I intend to keep it."

"Have fun, don't tire Yeri out by dragging her all over!" Joy called after her, trying to fix the atmosphere in her own way as she gently tugged Seulgi in the opposite direction.

'She really hates me, doesn't she?' She thought with a small sigh.