Closer or Never

It's You

At the Library

The two reached the library. Dahyun and Sana are welcomed by the lovely librarians. Their school has three for the facility is one of the biggest in Osaka. 

"I assumed you are Miss Kim." Miss Tess, one of the librarians started.
"Yes, I am." Dahyun cleared .
"Welcome to the library. You'll love reading and studying here." Miss Son advised.
"Plus, our student aid is really beautiful too." said by Miss Rekha, the main librarian referring to Sana.
"Uh, Miss I can't follow." Dahyun subtly scratched her nape.
"Sana is our steward here. She takes care of things when we are not around." Miss Tess stated.

Dahyun's mouth formed an "O." Its just her first day but the lady beside her gets more interesting. 

"We assume Sana will be keeping you company, Miss Kim?" Miss Rekha asked.
"Yes, Ma'am. Thank you for your time." It was Sana who bowed to the three school librarians.


Sana dragged Dahyun to a secluded library table. Sana grabbing Dahyun's arm is a happy experience for the younger, she was just smiling while the latter holds her arm.

".. Oh, we arrived already?" Dahyun joked around.
"Tch." Was all Sana could mutter.
"Are you always this...?"
"What?" Sana groaned.
"stubborn"  "beautiful?" Absentmindedly that was the word left out of Dahyun's mouth. She looked at the woman's reaction upon realizing her words. Glancing, she caught Sana smiling tight-lipped with her eyesmile. 

"More beatiful when smiling.." these words are mostly for Dahyun only but wasn't aware it was too audible for the latter to hear.

"You know I thought you'll be quiet when we reached the library. I was wrong." Sana scoffed.
"Sana!"
"Hmm."

 

Dahyun's mind was battling if she will continue what's on her mind. She just then proceeded.

"...My phone is broken." Dahyun acted so fine.
"Why? You can just buy a new phone if you want to"
"Its broken bcuz you haven't put your number yet, Sana."
Sana let out a small laugh. Dahyun thought to herself that its a progress. Cheekily, she reached out of Sana's hand and gave her phone.
"..Fix my phone then!"
"Alright."


Dahyun was smiling widely like a kid given a lollipop. Sana noticed it too. Internally processing herself not to give any mark of emotion, she just cleared . 

"..Ehm. Do you like to help me?"
"With?"
"Duties."
"What duties?"
"Yes, as what Miss Rekha said I'm a student aid at the library. I am doing stewardship as an exchange for my scholarship, Dahyun."

Dahyun just stared lovingly at the woman who's arranging books at her front. 

"What do you want me to do then?"
"Uhm, sleep?" Sana chuckled. Dahyun on the other hand whined.
"What? No! I wanna talk to you more!"
"Of course, that's a joke only dummy!"

"Here."

Sana passed a bunch of cards used to classify and organized books on the library. 

"Here, just make it alphabetical Dahyun."

Lazily, Dahyun handed it and started organizing based on what Sana instructed. After a few minutes, Dahyun let out a yawn. 

"..I can't believe you are doing this, Sana. This is too boring!" 
Sana laughed a little louder than the previous one. Dahyun felt proud.

"You are doing great, Kim Dahyun. Keep going."

"Why are you smirking, Dahyun?"

"She started the conversation. What a progress!"

"Ugh, sorry. I didn't mean to."
"Hmm."

"Cold again?"

"Sana, where do you want to have lunch?"
"Sandwich is fine with me."
"That won't fulfill your cravings."
"For a scholar like me, every penny matters Dahyun."

Dahyun was amused. The girl just lives simply yet too beautiful for her.

"Shall we head to restaurant according to your cravings?"
"I want to but no budget." Sana admitted.
"It's on me." Dahyun made Sana's hair a mess.
"Dahyun!" 
"Just tell what you wanted, please."
"You're cute when you please." 
"Really? Please. Please. Please."
"Stop. Don't overdo it."
"Okay, Ma'am."
"Let's get some sushi and soba. Then, let's try some street foods too!"
"Sounds a great plan. Let's go?"

Dahyun scanned her wristwatch and its 11:45AM. 

"Do you need permission before leaving? I'll tell them we'll go lunch."
Dahyun was about to stand up and go to the librarians office when Sana stopped her. Making the older grabbed Dahyun's arm again.

"It's fine, Dahyun. I'll tell them. Just wait here." Sana smiled politely. Dahyun could tell her cheeks are burning.

"Hey, self. Please calm down. Its the first day only."

"Hmmm." Was only that the thing Dahyun muttered.
Sana smirked and teased, "What's with the speechless Dahyun?"
"Uhh, no. Don't mind me. Just go there. I'm hungry."

Sana returned and the two headed for lunch. 


— FFW TO LUNCH —
"You have classes?" Dahyun asked while buckling up. Also helping Sana to buckle.
"Uhm, just one later at 2pm."

Eyeing the time on the car's system, Dahyun suggested. 
"Do you want to ride the ferris wheel?"
"Dahyun, we still have classes remember?"
"I know but Tempozan is just a ten-minute ride from here. It's a waste not to go there while we are here you know."
"Fine. Let's go back to school quikly."
"Yes, mi lady." Dahyun said happily.
Sana just shrugged the endearment then the engine roared. 

—TEMPOZAN FERRIS WHEEL—

"Amazing scenery at the heart of the city," Sana said.

Dahyun quickly made to purchase two tickets for them and dragged Sana at the line. 

"Let's go, Sana."

Soon they are riding on the 112ft tall structure. 

"Do you know that its a 17-minute ride, Sana?"
"That long?"
"Yes, the ride is even more beautiful at night seeing the Osaka bay and the whole city."
"Hmm."

Dahyun just smiled. Sana is too reserved and quiet for now but she makes sure to understand the love language of the latter on the following days of their schooling.

The 17-minute ride is a good experience for the two. Except for the fact that it was totally silent. Just the winds hitting are the only sounds.

"Did you enjoy the ride, Sana?"
"Yes, thanks for bringing me here Dahyun.".
"Always for you. Let's go to school now."

"Do you have classes this afternoon, Dahyun?"
"None but I'll go to the library and wait for you."
"Dahyun, no need. Go to your house after dropping me at the school. Let's just see each other tomorrow."
"No, I'm your cute driver remember?"
Sana chuckled. 
"Whatever, Dahyun."

The ride to the school was filled with interrogation but seeing Sana yawning, she stopped and squeezed Sana's hand,

"Hey, you could take a nap." 
Agreeing, Sana let her hand rest at the car's window and lean her head over.

Dahyun is sure that she was admiring the girl as the traffic lights went to red. She placed her own cushion to the girl's neck and positioned lightly to avoid getting stiff neck. The lights went green again, 10 minutes more they'll reach the university.

"..So beautiful" she muttered.