First Day

It's You

First Day, New Beginnings

The day has come for Dahyun to officially go to classes. It has been a month since the semester did but her lazy demeanour wouldn't allow her to go. Of course now that she knows someone will keep her interested in school, she has now the courage to tell her Dad she'll be starting classes at the uni.

"This is it! I'll definitely choose her!" Dahyun smilingly went to the washroom and fix herself. After several minutes, she called Yoon.

"Yes, Dahyun?"
"Yoon! I'll use your car."
"But Dahyun, Mr. Kim would like to accompany you to school today. A ceremony will be held to welcome you and Irene."
"I'll borrow your car and use it today. Bye, Yoon."

Call ended. She knew that Yoon will receive a lot of scolding from Mr. Kim but Dahyun wouldn't let her day be ruined.

Excitedly running her hands through her hair, putting ear studs and placing her ring at the right spot, Dahyun is vibing to the song on the radio, it was Shake It Off.

"Haters gonna hate, hate, hate."

She walked enthusiastically to the kitchen making a quick toast and hot chocolate before actually leaving her condo.

One last look at the mirror and the young crazy rich Asian is now onboard to school.

Time check. 7:45am. Same streets welcomed Dahyun. She is now almost adapted to the busy rustling of people, honks, and a certain someone rushing to school. 

Honking, the car stopped at the front of the woman.

"Come on, Sana." Dahyun cheekily remarked.
"Hey, weirdo. I don't have ¥4500 to give you. I'm short."
"Oh, please this is totally free plus you got a cute driver."

No answer.

"Hey, aren't you worried of being late on a Monday class Sana?"
Sana turned to her now visible worn out wristwatch only to see the time ticking to 8AM. Letting out a sigh, she accepted the offer.
"Fine! If you will give me a free ride, it should be a whole year then so I can have at least rest.."
Realizing its too much information for Dahyun, Sana stopped and let Dahyun roared the car. 


The ride was silent except to the radio singing in the background. Its a shuffled playlist of Taylor Swift. Now the song
being played is Enchanted.

"Your eyes whispered "have we met?"
Across the room your silhouette starts to make it's way to me
The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks, like passing notes in secrecy
And it was enchanting to meet you
All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you."

As the song continued to enveloped the whole ride, Sana can't resist the urge to glance at the woman in the steering wheel. She just noticed that they are wearing the same uniform. She bit her lip to muster up courage,

"Err, why are you wearing uniform?"
"Isn't it obvious?" Dahyun answered nonchalantly.
"Its my first time I saw you wearing it, I'm just curious you know."
"Ah, yes. It's my first day at school."
"Really?" Sana's tone became livelier than the previous ones making Dahyun glance quickly at the lady to see her emotions through her eyes.
"Yes, you are happy about it?"
Sana cleared .
"Of course not."
"Is it because you will have a cute driver for the entire year?" Dahyun flirtly winked. Sana rolled her eyes at the gesture.
"Whatever, Dahyun."
"You called my name again! I need to be amused!" 
"Annoying, just continue driving. It's almost 8AM!" Sana exclaimed.


After minutes of talking and listening to Dahyun's Taylor Swift playlist, they arrived at the university. 

"Wait, there's no thanks?" Dahyun said as Sana is unbuckling like a roar of thunder.
"Uhh, thank you." Sana said before sprinting to the gymnasium for the morning exercises and assembly.