Friday Night

It's You

FFW to Friday


Dahyun arrived thirty minutes earlier to the grand hotel and restaurant her father told her to come. Recalling her fathers words that she will be meeting a certain someone that night really pisses her off.

"When will I be free to do things I like?" she sighs heavily as she made her way to the rooftop.

Seeing the beautiful city-night lights with the captivating and calming scene, her mind is finding solace. She sat up to the chair hidden on the southwest direction of hotel's rooftop terrace.

Relaxing and feeling the chilly air of the nighttime. Humming to her favorite song which her mother has taught, she heard footsteps approaching.

Few minutes later, her eyes cannot believe that the same girl that makes her Osaka life more interesting for the past few days has appeared. She came yelling while grabbing the luxurious steel planters of the terrace.

"Why is it so difficult to live? I'm doing my best and almost try all jobs I can. I am tired!" the woman exclaimed in terror. 

Dahyun, hearing it, was ready to confront the girl only to know she was gone. Trying to keep up, she went downstairs to see where the girl is but she was gone.

"You really getting on my mind, Sana. I must find you."


Dahyun was welcomed warmly by the business-like-smile of her father and another businessman couple wearing tuxedo and elegant dresses. The supposed to be an appetizing dinner as Dahyun is now hungry, was soon found dull, planned dinner as usual. Dahyun shrugged the thought and smirked to her inner self that she must have knew it. 

After a few minutes of talk, the food arrived. Accidentally looking at the serving waittress Dahyun face lit up upon seeing the girl from the rooftop.

Whispering inaudibly, "...Sana" was heard through Dahyun's lips.

The girl on the other hand was quite startled and look at Dahyun's eyes. The latter returned the look. Dahyun was too mesmerized and lost but she knew the girl has just finished crying, her hurtful eyes. The innocent, sad smile the girl make made Dahyun's smile fade. Soon, the girl has finished serving. The same exact time that the daughter of Mr. Kim's business partners arrived.

"Irene!" Mr. Kim excitedly said.
"What took you so long, dear?" Irene's mom asked.
"I got cramps sorry Mom." the girl sat adjacent to Dahyun's sight. 

Dahyun would lie if she will say that the girl isn't a beauty. She got that youthful skin, a tight-lipped smile perfect for her crescent eyes made the woman breathtaking. Indeed, a beauty but not Dahyun's tea. 

The businessmen being themselves talked about work while the two just sit there, knowing each other in a civil way.

Following the gaze of a certain someone, Dahyun found her muse serving on the table next to them. The girl just gave Dahyun a shy smile, as Dahyun returned happily. 

"You must be friendly, Dahyun?" Irene teased.
"Not really why do you ask."
"Just observing where your eyes laid."
"So?"
"That's cold."
"I don't care to this setup, okay. I do what I want, you do what you want too."
"They'll not like it."
"Then? Who cares?"
"Let's just pretend tonight that we are doing well so they won't make the deal as hard as it is."
"What? A deal?"
"Yes, between you and me. We must date for their contracts to push through."
"Are they crazy? Why are they selling us?"
"They call it business relations."
"Business relations, their ." 

Dahyun stand up and walk to the bathroom. She wet her face and stay there for a few minutes. She let out a deep sigh. 

"That must be a hard one?" a woman exiting one of the cubicles was heard on the background. 
"...Sana?"
"I don't know if you are a stalker but I'm considering you one."
"No."
"Really? Why did you know my name then?"
"It was on the cafe."

 


"Whatever Dahyun."

Sana smirked and exited the bathroom, leaving Dahyun's heart thumping and face heating up. 

"Who's the stalker now?"