Down there?

Mystery: Into the unknown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solar’s POV

 “Wake up… pls wake up”

What happen? Did I fall asleep? Who is calling me?

“Wake up… pls wake up, Hana. I’m hungry”

Huh? Hana? Im not Hana…

Peeling eyes open slowly and find myself on the King’s bed in my room.

Where is she?

Turning around to find her but to no avail.

Am I dreaming just now? But it is so real.

I touch my lips and can almost smell her blueberry scent.

“Hana pls wake up, I want to sleep but too hungry.”

Oh, so it is the voice of Joy just now.

“Joy, I thought we have just eaten some snack just now? You are hungry again?”

“Hana, you told me to do the things I do and enjoy best. So I listen to you. I eat, and sleep the best! Haha!! We ate and I just all out so I’m hungry now. Cannot sleep. Please Hana, we go out to eat OK?”

--

At a Japanese restaurant…

“Solar, I’m surprise that you would tag along to eat with us.” Joy mumbles while having her salmon sushi in .

“Ahem, where is your manner? Don’t talk while you are eating.” Hana elbows Joy and bows to me.

“Ah it is ok, you guys are interesting. Thanks for allowing me tag along.” I turn my head to face Joy who is sitting in the middle of me and Hana. “The old hotel is pretty fascinating, you guys know things about it?”

Joy swallows her food and replies, “Yes, the building has its own charm. It is designed and built in 1888 by the Moon’s Family. The architect is the only son of the Moon’s clan. He is rumoured to be a lady killer. He is fair, has delicate features, good looking and treats all the ladies with equality. All the people adored him. He is well known to be the successor of the family business.

While he is on this building project, he is introduced to one of his sister best friend, they fall in love and got married. After building is completed, the moon family passed the hotel management to her sister instead. It is rumoured that he travelled the world with his wife to see more cutting edge architectures.”

“That is a beautiful ending.” I smile but I did not feel good inside and I did not know why.

“Are you ok?” Hana looks at me in concern.

“Huh? Yes I’m good.”

How did she know that I’m not feeling well? Am I too obvious?

“Oh my goodness, Hana, you have finished your sushi and bento?!? Are you a monster?” Joy shrieks and it attracts some attention from the rest of the patronisers.

“Quiet. You are too noisy! It is a hassle to bring you out. You shall have apples as supper tonight.” Hana threatens. “And I’m not a monster, you are just too busy talking.” She slurps down her drink finishing it.

“Ah Hana is such a kind soul, she even offers me her apples for supper.” Joy coos and hugs her friend’s arms. “I’m so fortunate to have her.”

The long hair sat rooted at her chair, rolls her eyes in defeat while I burst out laughing at this duo.

I’m glad that I join in their dinner.

--

After a yummy and tummy bursting dinner, I accept Joy’s invitation to tour the hotel together.

“Hello hello. Is my lovely Hana’s at home?” Joy speaks into the white phone while she is sitting at the sofa.

“Your lovely Hana is not home.” Her friend plays along.

“Yah~ you don’t even pick up your phone to play along.” Joy whines to her friend.

“Fine, call again. I will play along ok?” The younger gives up and shrugs her shoulders in defeat.

“Hana, this phone is faulty, you don’t know? It can’t even dial out!” The short hair girl make fun of her friend.

“YAH~” the long hair girl send her dragger eyes to her friend.

After a good 5 minutes of silence before the noisy one speaks again.

“Hana, look at this mirror. It totally looks ancient. Maybe it is as old as you.” Joy teases, earning a death glare and followed by a smack sound that reverberates the whole dead silence hall.

“Ouch! It is so painful. You have hurts me. ” Joy cries with tears on her eyes and massaging her affected arm.

“That… is …. because you are too noisy. Does it hurt a lot? ” Concerned is evident in the attacker’s cracked voice.

“I’m sorry Hana, my bad.” A good 1 minute of silence before Joy adds in, “Now I think you are older than the mirror! You are a dinosaur!” Then she scoots off and disappears into one of the big door with her long black hair girl chasing after her.

I am smiling at the adorable interactions of my new friends and walks over to take a look at the mirror.

Tracing the frame to scrutinize the design and touching the mirror surface.

This mirror frame is the same as the one in my room.

“Hello, my love. Did you miss me?” That voice that I yearn has spoken! I cannot believe my ears so I turn over to see with my eyes.

There she is!

She is sitting at the sofa where Joy just sat. She eyes at me and pats her seat next to me. I smiles coyly and proceed to sit next to her.

“Love, I missed you so much. Where did you go?” She takes my hands into hers.  So warm. Her gaze. So lovingly. She kisses my hands. I can feel my cheeks burning and the salmon coming alive, in my stomach swimming around.

Taking a deep breath to calm myself down.

“Love, please spare me a couple of minutes.” She asks and my head just nods.

Picking up the phone that is next to the sofa, she dials and murmurs, “Wind, please do think about that matter. Trust me. I will honour my words. Call me once you have make a decision.”

I can’t help but to adm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter