11:11

Mystery: Into the unknown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I walk into the hotel, I am blown away by the sight.

 

The lobby is so beautiful, so charming with its glass-domed ceilings and Roman pillars. In the middle there is an unusual structure. Moving closer to it, I realise it is a sundial which tells the time of day when there is sunlight by the apparent position of the Sun in the sky. I check the time reported from the sundial and feel amazing to find it tally with the time on my watch.

 

I read the words engraved on it, “Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.” An enormous volume of warmth suddenly explode within my body and my eyes well up.

What is happening to me?

A pat on the shoulder. “Hello Ms Solar?”

I wipe my tears and turn around.

“Ms Wheein has instructed me to check in for you. She apologises she can’t receive you now as she has something last minute to attend to. Here is the master key, with this, you can access everywhere. Currently the hotel is not receiving guest, so you can stay into any room.” The hotel staff informs and bows.

Checking her name tag, I bow and reply, “Thank you, Ms Hwasa. I understand from Wheein that this hotel is going to undergo renovation and thus you are all busy planning for it. Don’t mind me, I can self-help.” I smile showing my dimples.

“It is my pleasure to serve you. If you need anything, you can contact me via the room’s phone. Ms Wheein will give you a call tomorrow.” She adds on.

I nod and chirp, “Sure. Thanks for the warm hospitality. May I know which the best room is?”

“What is your definition of best? If best adventure, then is one of the room at level 9 and 10.” A female interrupts.

Pivoting my body to her, I capture the owner of the voice and it really fits her voice.

Cute…~<3

She is a young tanned-skin lady about 1.5m with big round chocolate eyes, adorable face with chubby cheeks and luscious black long slight curly hair. Her chubby cheeks is similar like mine just that hers is way cuter.

I ask, “What you mean by best adventure?”

Her eyes lit up like sunshine oozing with warmth and mix with tinge of cuteness. She closes in to my ears and whispers, “It is haunXXX…”

Then in a flash, is covered by another lady. She is slightly taller, short black hair, wearing round brown glasses, she smiles apologetically to me and voices, “Please ignore Hana, she has yet to eat her medicine. I am afraid that you can’t have the best room as it is occupied, but you have the second best, it is room 14-05.” With that she drags the cute girl off with her.

Hwasa shakes her head while watching the couple going off.

“Ms Hwasa, you know them?”

“Hana, the sweeter and cuter one, is my little sister, she is staying here as she wants a quiet place to study for her upcoming exam. Her friend, Joy just tags along.”

--

After lingering at the lobby for a bit, I proceed to take the lift. My fingers checking out the floor buttons and presses on floor 14. Floor 15 is office and floor 14 is the highest room that I can stay.

Maybe it is a good idea to take Joy’s suggestion.

Wondering around level 14 to find room 5. The room is running in descending order, I pass by room 9, 8, 7 and 6.

“Oi, let’s go swim.” A familiar lady voice escapes from room 6.

“I think it is going to rain” Another slightly higher pitch and familiar voice replies.

“Let’s swim before it rains, the clouds is moving towards here but slowly.” The lower tone voice lady adds.

There is good silence of 10 minutes.

“Hana, we have planned it quite some time back. Maybe, you tell me why you have changed your mind? Anything bothering you?” The lower voice chases for answer.

There is golden silence of 15 minutes.

“We can’t swim now, I just saw a flash of lightning across the sky. Let’s just rest and go out for dinner later.” Defeated and disappointment are evident in the voice.

 Looks like it is not suitable for me to stay on eavesdropping.

Moving on and see the number on the door reads “Room 5”, I swipe the card and enter.

Woo… It is awesome! The ceiling reminds me of the lobby with part of the ceiling built with glass to allow sunlight to enter onto the sundial.

Skipping to explore the room more.

Woohoo, the bath looks so inviting!! Joy is telling the truth. It is indeed one of the best rooms!!!

After taking a relaxing hot bath, I put on my favourite red sleepwear and settle myself in front of the huge mirror on the dressing table. Then I hear voices.

“Hana, are you still upset with me?”

Oh gosh, this hotel is not sound proof? Oh ya, it is an ancient hotel, so it is not built with that. Silly me.

“Hana, are you ok? Tell me what is wrong. I can’t read your mind.”

“Joy, do you regret coming here with me?”

“Huh? OF COS NOT! Though I don’t like it when you suddenly change your mind, upsetting our plans and even punch me!”

“Since I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter