[3] - Everyone Have Their Reasons

Keep You Close || JENSOO

Chapter 3

 

 

 

 

"Sir! Please! Forgive us! Please! Give us another chance and we will definitely bring her to you! Pleas-"

 

The sound of gunfire prevails over the place and silence take over them all. Each one of them prays that his turn doesn't come, lining up waiting for their leader's orders, Matthew.

 

"When I say, none of you comes to me unless the girl is with him, I mean literally that none of you comes unless the girl is with him!" He shouts, angrily. "But apparently, I wasn't serious enough for you." He adds staring at them with cold eyes filled with the intent to kill.  Fear fills the men and someone jumps to try to find compassion.

 

"Sir! We swear to you that it's not like this at all! We searched for it throughout the entire forest until we reached the limits of the mansion, we couldn't go any furthe-"

 

 "Mansion? What mansion?"  Matthew says, confused, cutting the man's speech.

 

 "Uh..there is this mansion at the end of the forest on the other side. When we wanted to go deep into searching around it, we found that it was surrounded by a wall and the security guards had already begun to appear so we couldn't get closer to it."

 

"Hmm..this is interesting."  He says with a smirk.

 

 A new person appeared in the area? A rich one too.

 

He turns his eyes to a group of men and follows: "You! Go and find out what kind of person the owner of this mansion is and everything related to it. As for you.." he orders as he turns his gaze to another group.

 

"Keep looking for her. Don't make me repeat my words. Don't come to me if she's not with you! Now leave."

 

 " Yes sir!!"

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

"Um ... Ma'am, did something happen? You look so tired."  Min Yoo says as he puts breakfast plates on the table.

 

Jisoo turnes her head towards Min Yoo, her eyes look like those of a panda.  She looks like the living dead, her red eyes and her tired eyelids revealing a lot.  Jisoo raises her head up, looking at the ceiling for a seconds, then takes a deep breath and holds the knife and fork to start her morning breakfast.

 

"Min Yoo, there is something I have to tell you. After you finish your work, meet me at the office, and also why aren't there any guards around the back door in the secondary garden?" She says while cutting the omelette.

 

When she left to bring them clothes last night, she had her time to check how did they came to the mansion and from where.

 

 "There is a back door?"

 

They stare at each other a little with straight expressions, still don't know their way around the mansion very well.

 

 "I was also surprised. Anyway, we will talk later."

 

"As you like, ma'am, and I will also tell the men to surround the mansion well, it seems that they just checked the front side because it was late."  Min Yoo says gently.

 

"And tell them to change the locks of all the doors to a stronger and newer ones. Starting with the ones around the back garden."

 

"As you wish."  He responds, despite his confusion to her request. "But ma'am, can you tell me what happened with you last night to become this tired?" He says making Jisoo stop eating and stare into the void.

 

 **

 

'Well, I will simply hand over the clothes and go to my room, I hope she has finished.' Jisoo thinks to herself as she stands up and starts walking when she suddenly stops in astonishment, hearing the shattering of glass behind her.

 

Turning, she sees Lisa laying almost on top of the glass table which she has fallen on it, and both her hand and lower arm are injured while She is gritting her teeth in pain. Chaeyoung is already beside her and she looks terrified.  At that moment, Jisoo quickly rushes to her.

 

 "Calm down! Let me see your arm!"

 

Jisoo holds Lisa's arm to see the glass shards embedded in it and starts extracting them one by one with great caution, while Lisa is trying to mute her pains during that.

 

 .  .  .  .  .  .  .

 

While Jennie was about to call on Lisa, the sound of shattering glass prevented her from doing so.  She freezes in her place, doesn't know what happened and if someone is hurt or not.  She tends to go out, but she stops in her tracks when she hears the voice of Jisoo, shouting at Lisa, asking her to calm down.  And she freaks out.

 

When did she come back?  And what happened?  What was that shattering sound? Did they come after her?  Did they find her? Are they here already?! Did Jisoo find out?  she has to get out.  She has to run away! but how? Even her old clothes, she put them outside the bathroom. 

 

Talk about unfortunate events. '' 

 

She has to- 

 

Jenny's stands still when her eyes lay on the shower curtain in front of her.

 

 

 .  .  .  .  .  .  .

 

 

"It's okay, we're almost done, this is the last piece of glass."  Jisoo says holding Lisa's arm carefully.

 

Closing her eyes partially, Lisa clenches her teeth out of pain and nods.

 

 "Well, here we go.."

 

She pulls the last piece of glass smoothly and sets it aside, then tends to rise quickly to bring the first aid kit and before she gets up completely she turns to see Jennie standing in shock and in her hand, holding the pole which the curtains hang on. Looks like she's ready to get into a battle. Jisoo's eyes wanders over her a little; her wet hair, her white soft skin and something else that catches her attention.

 

Is this the shower curtain? Did she cover herself with the shower curtain?

 

Jennie looks down at her new homemade dress when she sees the lost expression on Jisoo's face and then returns her gaze towards her and smiles humorlessly. 

 

 'She will definitely report me now.'

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

"Okay..we are done. We have to sterilize it constantly but don't worry. You'll be fine. As for the glass, we'll take care of it tomorrow. Now go to your room and get some rest."  Jisoo says with a smile, now that she had finished treating Lisa's arm.

 

She hates seeing someone in pain, which causes her to involuntarily reveal her warm motherly side and so, she caresses Lisa and Chaeyoung's heads gently. Both Lisa and Chaeyoung stand up,  feeling surprised and mostly touched, and express their gratitude to her by bowing then they go to one of the two additional rooms. 

 

Jisoo turns to Jennie, and looks at her as if her eyes are saying 'Now it's your turn.'

 

Jennie lowers her head and looks at different direction, feeling embarrassed.

 

 "I can't believe you took off the shower curtain and got out like that, I believe there is a reason behind this which I won't be able to know given.." she trails off and departs."Never mind. Just go and change, I'll check on you later."

 

 Jennie nods and bows to her and heads to the room.

 

 .  .  .  .  .  . 

 

"Wow..is this our room? Are we really going to sleep here? Woah.." Lisa says looking at the room with admiration to then she looks at Chaeyoung and sees her staring at her, frowning.

 

 "Hey..What's wrong? Jisoo didn't find out anything. Why the long face then?" Says Lisa in a low tone.

 

Chaeyoung narrows her eyes in anger as if she was about to strangle her. "Is this at the expense of your physical health? What's your business with her? Let her go to hell, it's none of our concern!"

 

 "Hey hey, calm down..they'll hear us.." Lisa says in whisper.

 

 "Let them hear us, I don't care-" Lisa interruptes her scolding, putting her unharmed hand on Chaeyoung's mouth to silence her.

 

 "Look..we're all in this together. If she knew about Jennie, she will know about us too, and then what? Best case, we will be expelled and return to our miserable lives. Is that what you want?"

 

Chaeyoung stills, looking at Lisa with sadness.

 

"For the first time in my life, I feel like a decent human being. For the first time, I got to know what lt really means to live. Tell me, when was the last time someone patted your head?  It's hard to remember, isn't it?" 

 

They stare at each other in complete silence for a seconds and Lisa is the first to break it moving her hand away.

 

"As I thought..and I'm determined to make this last as long as possible and I won't allow anything no matter what comes my way, just like how I won't allow anyone to harm you again. "

 

 .  .  .  .  .  .  .

 

In the next room, Jennie struggles to try to fit the clothes on her, but it just doesn't. This pajama is for younger girls, teenagers maybe.

 

Previously she wrapped herself in the shower curtain, now with what?  Bed sheet?  Is destiny determined to make her more like Tarzan or what? She's very ashamed of what happened to the point that prevents her from asking for another. 

 

Looking at the clothes with her hands on her waist, she hears knocking on the door. She walks towards the door and stands behind it, wondering who it might be.

 

 "I'm Jisoo, I just came to see if the clothes fit you or not."

 

Good, perfect timing. But, how will she responds?

 

 She wears the robe that she had already taken back from the bathroom and opens the door a little and sees Jisoo standing sideways.  Jisoo takes notice of her and Jennie tries to tell her by sighing that the clothes are tight.

 

 "Sorry?  I didn't catch that."

 

 Jennie sighs a bit unnoticeably and then opens the door wider to appear fully in front of Jisoo.  Jisoo's cheeks reddens a little at the sight when she sees Jennie like this. Now that she had taken a good bath, her face became more clearer.

 

 'She's beautiful.' Is the first thought that hits her mind.

 

Jennie tries once more and points to the clothes, then bring her arms together with her expressions showing discomfort.  Jisoo was silent for a bit as she was looking at Jennie motioning to her and then suddenly she turns her face away, making Jennie surprised by her actions.

 

"Oh, I got it, it's tight, isn't it? Wait a little, I'll bring another."

 

 Jisoo goes to her room, smiling, as she saw Jennie's latest movement and expressions.

 

 'She looked so cute.'

 

 She stops in her tracks when she realizes that the morning has already come and she hasn't slept for two consecutive nights.

 

 Great.

 

 **

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 

 

"You what? You let girls you don't even know inside the mansion? And you even gave them rooms and let them bath? I can't believe what I'm hearing.." Min Yoo says with a surprised expression while Jisoo is sitting with her arm resting on her desk, backs her cheek on the palm of her hand and looks at Min Yoo with boredom.

 

"Don't exaggerate Min Yoo. It's not like I harbored a serial killer, also you forgot to mention that they are mute too."  Jisoo says in a playful tone.

 

 "Really? And how do you know? What do you know about their true intentions? Especially since they entered the mansion without permission, their intentions are clearly bad..and why are you so calm?"

 

"Hmm, we will see about this later, plus I trust my intuition. I mean, even when I caught them, two froze in their place while the third one just continued to eat the apple." She adds swinging in her chair forward and backward.

 

"So I don't think they have any intention of harming me. At least I'm sure of that girl with the apple." She stops and then looks at Min Yoo. "Even if They want to, they can do nothing." Jisoo adds, smiling with ease, while Min Yoo is baffled and unable to explain his lady's behavior.

 

 "Anyway, I don't want anyone to know about this. Tell the other servants that they are guests who will stay with me for a while and that no one comes near them." She says while getting up. "Also I would like you to buy some things after we talk to them. Now let's go."

 

 .

 

 .

 

 .

 

 

"Before we begin, I'm Jisoo and the man next to me, Lee Min Yoo, is the chief butler here and he's the only one who knows about your presence here, for now, and how you came here." Jisoo emphasizes her last sentence, followed by a cold smile, making them feel embarrassed.

 

 "Given the situation, I will ask some questions and you will answer signing either yes or no.  Clear?"

 

 They all nod in agreement.

 

 "So, do you know each other? Are you related?"

 

Jennie shakes her head, No, Lisa nods nonchalantly, while Chaeyoung just rolls her head in circular motion.

 

They change their answer immediately when they take notice of themselves and the questioning expression on Jisoo, they quickly nod.

 

"Did you enter the mansion with the intention of stealing, assaulting or causing any harm, regardless of to who, or who is inside it?"

 

 They quickly shake their heads, no.

 

 "Good. So are you in need of help? running away from someone / looking for a place to hide or something?"

 

They nod with a helpless expression on their features.  In fact, Jennie is the only one honest in her answer, while Chaeyoung and Lisa are just copying her, and so Lisa trys to look troubled like Jennie.

 

 "Umm? Do you need to go to the bathroom?"  Jisoo says looking at Lisa.

 

Jennie and Chaeyoung almost burst into laughter when they hears that, but they stop themselves. Lisa keeps a straight face for a moment, and then shakes her head.

 

"Okay then. For the time being, until it's safe for you to go out, you can stay here and..well, that's it." She finishes looking at them with a satisfied smile.

 

 "What? That's all?"  Turning towards Jisoo, Min Yoo says surprised.

 

 "Is there anything else you would like to ask? Can you get an answer other than yes or no?"

 

Min Yoo stays silent because he know what Jisoo means, and he sighs helplessly.

 

 "No, nothing. That's enough."

 

 Jisoo turnes her eyes to the girls.

 

 "We're finished here. You can go now."

 

They lean a forward a little, bowing, with gratitude and appreciation, and then they head up to their rooms.  While they're on their way they hear the sound of knocking on the door and Min Yoo goes to check it out.

 

 "Did I not warn you that no one interrupt us?"  Min Yoo says when he sees that she is a maidservant.

 

"Sir, my apologizes. I just wanted to let you know that there are some men in black suits standing at the main door of the mansion saying that there is an important matter that should be discussed with the owner of the mansion."

 

 

 ————————————-

 To be continued

 ————————————

 

 

 Thank you for your Votes & comments ♥ ️