[2] - When We First Met

Keep You Close || JENSOO

Chapter 2

 

 

 

 

 

 

  "Stop right now!"

 

A husky strong voice speaks to them suddenly causing them to freeze in their places.

 

 "Who are you?! And what are you doing here?"

 

There is silence throughout the hall, as if they knew that their adventures had come to an end.  Jennie, Lisa and Chaeyoung , in complete darkness, are all in shock as they look towards the stranger who appeared to them. From the voice they appear to be a girl but they cannot see her face, barely can see glimpses of her body.

 

The unknown girl turns on the light causing them to close their eyes for seconds as a result of the sudden light, giving them a clear vision to see her. Who is now looking at them with anger, waiting for their response but fear prevents them to do so.

 

 "What? Didn't you hear me? I'm asking, who. are. you?"

 

Once again..no answer.

 

"Do you really think silence will save you? If I call the police now, will you stay silence like this?"

 

Again..nothing. 

 

Starting to lose her patience, she turns her attention to Lisa 'cause she seems more questionable than the others.

 

"you! I'm talking to you! Who are you and what do you want?"

 

With the fear overwhelming Lisa, she raises her shaking hands upward. Frightened, shivering non-stop, she shakes her head left and right as if she's saying 'No'.

 

"What? What do you mean?"

 

Lisa repeats her sign, pointing weakly to .

 

"Are you saying that you can't speak? Are you dumb?"  She says sarcastically. 

 

At that moment, Jennie realizes that it's actually a good idea and a perfect way out because then she will not have to explain anything to her and it will be difficult to question them.  So she moves her head up and down aggressively as an answer with a yes until she draws the attention of the unknown girl to her.

 

  "What? She really can't speak?"

 

Jennie nods positively and the girl poles her eyebrows a little, apparently feeling guilty for thinking that she mocked her condition.  Jennie uses this to her advantage and points to herself and then to , followed by a sign of negation.

 

  "you too?"

 

Jennie repeats the gesture quickly, indicating her nervousness.

 

"Are you telling me that you all, can't really talk?"

 

Jennie and Lisa exchanges looks a little and then nods, Chaeyoung sees them and nods too, going along with the flow.

 

"Huh? You must be kidding me." The unknown girl scoffes at the ridiculousness of the situation and sighs. Suddenly, she hears the sound of foot steps approaching them.

 

"Jisoo-ssi? Are you here?" Min Yoo calls in a firm tone.

 

"Min Yoo. Yes, I'm here. Don't enter. You don't have to come." Jisoo replies from behind the door.

 

  'So her name is Jisoo' Jennie thinks.

 

"Ma'am, are you all right? I heard voices below and didn't find you in your suit so I came looking for you." Min Yoo says standing behind the door, obeying Jisoo's words. 

 

"I'm fine, just wanted to breathe some fresh air. Don't worry, you can go now."  Jisoo responds looking at the girls, analyzing them. 

 

Usually, anyone will contact the police immediately without asking or understanding the truth of the matter but it's not that way with Jisoo. She is a rational and fair girl, whose principles are not to make judgments or decisions without knowing the full aspects of the story.  Especially since the ones she caught are just young girls who don't carry any dangerous tool and seems poor and innocent, basically homeless, and so it seemed wise for her to slow down before any act.

 

"Umm, are you sure?"

 

"Min Yoo..I told you that I'm fine.."

 

"I apologize, I'm going now. Have a good night."

 

"You too."

 

  . . . . . . . 

 

Jisoo is sitting on the sofa with her leg over the other, arms crossed, and on the opposite sofa, the trio sits next to each other politely with their eyes looking at the floor, while Jisoo is staring at them.

 

And Jennie can't help but think 'what's is this situation?'. 10 minutes have already passed and she's still staring at them! Is she not totally convinced in their lie?  Will she hand them over to security? Her mind is going to explode from the uneasiness.

 

Jennie turns her head slightly to Lisa and squints her eyes. Why does she look like she's choking on air? And isn't a little swollen?  On mentioning , she hasn't opened it since Jisoo caught them. What is happening with her?

 

And why the hell is this girl still staring at them? Wait..is it possible that she looks at them THEM?  Like their clothes and how they look?

 

Well, whatever, for Jennie it doesn't matter. Her clothes are not bad compared to those two beside her. They are clearly homel-

 

Jennie's eyes lay on her feet and see her toes outside her socks, which leads her to absorb the tattered state she's in; her clothes, which turned from good to completely homeless clothes, her hair messy and dirty, her body muddy and full of scratches and that she went out running in her socks..IN HER ING SOCKS!

 

 'Someone bury me, please.'

 

 

 "So.."

 

Jisoo speaks suddenly, causing them to jump from their place.

 

"From what I understood now is that; you can't speak, can't write and can't read. Right?"

 

They all nod at once and goes to sit back. Shortly before they sit, Jisoo suddenly gets up, prompting them to stand again.

 

"Well, we'll see about that in the right time. Now, follow me..quietly."

 

Jisoo takes them to her private wing and on their way to it, despite the darkness, they can see a little due to the dim light outside that's coming from the windows. They see glimpses of the interior design of the mansion and it's royal decorations in modern style.

 

Astonished, they don't know whether this is a dream or a reality.  What they only used to see on TV is right in front of them.

 

They reach the wing, which is located on the third floor of the mansion and before its door, there's a corridor of its design it's almost look like an art gallery.

 

 

 

They walk through it all the way to the door.

 

 "Go inside, the place where you are now is my private wing." Jisoo says opening the door and they go in. She leads them to the sitting area and stops.

 

"Please sit." 

 

She waits for them to sit then she adds.

 

"There are three rooms in this suite, my own room which is in this direction, two additional rooms facing the opposite of my room and in this direction are two bathrooms." she talks while pointing to the places she mentions to show them. "For the time being, you will stay here, and you mustn't take one step outside until I allow you to." She states looking at them with a sharp gaze.

 

They nod slowly in disbelief, showing her that they understood. 

 

Did she just let them stay here?

 

"Good, now go and bath." Jisoo adds as she turns her head to the other side, with an annoyed expression, as if she can't stand the scenery in front of her, like she's feeling disgusted, which makes Jennie think  'Who the hell does she think she is?'.

 

 "Put on the bathrobes inside until I get you some clothes. Am I clear? " Jisoo says, calmly.

 

They nod again, to then she goes out and closes the door behind her.

 

There's a little silence between them before Jennie decides to break it and goes to stand behind the door to make sure that Jisoo is really gone.

 

 "Oh, she left finally. I can't believe what just happened."  Jennie says, as she exhales a breath with relief and gets back beside the girls.

 

When Lisa hears that, suddenly she tries to get something out of .

 

 "Uhg..ha..ah... damn it .. my mouth is cramping. Ah, painful!"

 

 "Hey!! What's this? Ew!"  Chaeyoung says looking at Lisa and makes a disgusted face.

 

 "the hell?!" Jennie comments when she sees the apple in Lisa's hand. little bit carried away in her thoughts, she departs."You know, you did well when you decided not to talk. You surprised me, didn't expect that there are cells in your brain that actually work. "

 

 "Oh thanks- wait..what? I didn't think of anything." Lisa disagrees. "When I heard her voice out from no where, I was terrified and the whole apple got into my mouth and it was difficult to get it out quickly so when she asked me, I really couldn't speak at the time." Says shaking her hand to emphasize her point. 

 

"oh I feel as if my jaw strings are torn." Lisa adds massaging her jaw leaving Jennie to have second thoughts on her decisions in life.

 

 She had to praise the apple.

 

Lisa looks around her a little while rubbing her jaw and down her neck. She looks at Jennie and realize something.

 

 "Ah..um..I know the situation is chaotic, etc., but only now I realize that you haven't yet told us what your name is!" Lisa says and Chaeyoung nods approveing.

 

 "Oh right, I apologize ..it's Jennie."  Quietly says Jennie. 

 

 "What? Where?" Lisa says as she makes a fake wandy expression.

 

 "My name!"

 

 "What about your name?"

 

Jennie doesn't answer her, and just keeps staring at her with a straight face.

 

 "Haha, just kidding. I am glad to meet you, Jennie!" Lisa says with a smile, to which Jennie responds with a cold one.

 

 "Of course I am not the happiest."

 

 "Haha, so funny." Lisa adds nonchalantly and then continues."Anyways, did you see that! As if it is not enough to own a mansion like this, but also she has her own private wing!"

 

 "Aahh..I know right? I don't dare to think of having such a place, even in my dreams!" Chaeyoung says streching her arms. "That's aside, we will enter the bathroom first. You heard her, right? " She finishes, wearing an excited expression with a sinister smile, exchanging looks with Lisa who is now mirroring her expression. 

 

"Hehehe.. we are. Of course." Lisa adds shaking her eyebrows up and down.

 

 "Yes! let's go!" Chaeyoung agrees jumping from her seat and Lisa does the same.

She then clamps her arm with Lisa and they go to the bathroom doing small jumps.

 

While Jennie just rolled her eyes at them, thinking about Jisoo's true intentions.  Did she really left them just like that? Even more, she gave them a place to stay in!

 

Is she one of those naive rich people, or is there something else in her mind? Like get them drugged, kidnaps them and then take out their organs..

 

What? It's a possibility. 

 

Whatever it is, she has to remain low profile and keep her eyes open. There's no room for mistakes now.

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 

"Woah.. I feel refreshed now. I don't remember when it was the last time we had such a good bath."  Chaeyoung says as she dries her hair and throws herself on the sofa as well as Lisa.

 

"Umm, because such a memory didn't happen in the first place?"  Lisa deadpans.

 

"Haha, yeah it happened ... when we were ten years old." Chaeyoung replies with a smile looking at the ceiling.

 

"Why are you talking like we were living the time of our lives when we were 10?"  Looking at her, Lisa says, denouncing it.

 

"Shhh..mute mode! mute mode!" Lisa says quickly in a whisper when they hear the sound of the door opening.

 

The door opens and Jisoo comes in, has brought them clothes.

 

 "What? have you already finished? Where's the other girl?" Says Jisoo as she approaches and looks at them with farrowed eyebrows.

 

Lisa points to the bathroom.

 

"Oh, well..I brought you some of the available guests' clothes, pajamas. put them on, if it doesn't fit. Let me know." She adds when her eyes lay on Chaeyoung and digresses."Mmm..why are you lying like this?  Are you alright?"

 

Chaeyoung nods, doesn't know why she's asking her this.

 

Jisoo's question draws Lisa's attention, so she turns her head look at Chaeyoung, and her pupils expand at the sight.

 

'Damn Chae! I told you mute mode, not paralyzed mode!' 

 

In the meantime, Jennie in the next room has finished bathing and on her way to wear the robe when she doesn't find one. 

 

where is it? They told her it was hanging behind the door.  Is it possible that she went inside the bathroom in which Chaeyoung and Lisa previously entered?

 

This is what happens when you daydream too much.

 

Jennie stands , confused, massaging her hair, grumbling as she looks around. Would she call them to bring it to her before Jisoo returns?

 

. . . . . . . .

 

 

Amid the strange atmosphere that surrounds the place, Jisoo, Lisa and Chaeyoung are sitting in an uncomfortable silence;  Jisoo was staring at the blank space waiting for Jennie to come out. She's late and the morning is just few hours away. Tired, she herself is already starting to feel sleepy, especially since she hasn't slept ever since she left Seoul from last night.

 

That's when it came to her. A faster and direct solution; simply going to her and give her the clothes, and head to her room.

 

Jisoo stands up and starts walking to the bathroom when Lisa notices her and realizes that Jennie doesn't know that Jisoo has returned.  What's the plan? What if Jennie spoke unintentionally, exposing them?

 

Little does Lisa know that at the same time there is Jennie thinking about calling her.

 

What will she do?  She cannot distract Jisoo, or warn Jennie. what-

 

While she is at the height of her tension, thinking about a way out of this problem. Her eyes lie on the glass table next to her, and an amazing idea comes to her mind - maybe?- and puts it immediately into action.

 

 —————————————

 To be continued

 —————————————

 

 Thank you for your Votes & comments ♥ ️