Why so awkward

Lieutenant Kim, I LOVE YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a regular day in the life of kim yongsun. She had been serving in the same unit for a few years now. She was going through her recent break up text message from her now ex, drowning in thoughts. Little did she know, the next moment would change her life forever.

A door knock was heard. Yongsun jumped – "what"

"i-it's private jung wheein.. the new paramedic.. you told me.. to come see you" wheein said quietly, a bit terrified.

Yongsun now remembered that, and let the young soldier in.

"so, jung wheein, we will be working pretty closely together so… tell me about yourself" yongsun said as she took out a small notebook from her side drawer and started writing.

"well, my name is jung wheein, I'm 25 years old, from jeonju. Before joining the military academy, I was working as a waitress and sang in restaurants. I like to sing, I actually wanted to be an idol back in the day but… I don’t think I'm good enough" Wheein smiled and looked down, she seemed a bit disappointed with herself.

Yongsun smiled widely unknowingly. She actually had the same dream.

"may I ask, lieutenant, why did you smile?" she asked in embarrassment.

"nothing, its just that its same for me, I like to sing and wanted to be a singer but I don’t think I'm very good, so I really understand you." She explained.

"well maybe then we can sing together sometime" Wheein said and quickly turned red. She's your officer Wheein, she told herself, why would you say that!?

But even though yongsun was her commander, and despite the fact they just met, Wheein felt comfortable with her. All of a sudden, she didn't seem scary or mean in any way.

Yongsun blushed. "um yeah, sure thing, I can't wait"

They both smiled in embarrassment.

"so why did you decide to become a paramedic? And join the military?" yongsun tried to keep the conversation going.

"actually, my brother died a few years ago in the military. he got shot during training by his friend who didn’t pay attention so I told myself that I will do whatever I can to prevent another family or friends to feel the pain I felt. We were very close"

"I am sorry to hear that, is your brother the guy posing with you in the picture on your phone case?" yongsun asked.

"yeah, my handsome brother" wheein replied proudly.

She continued - "N-not… my boyfriend... i-in case you were… wondering… I am… single" wheein blushed again. Stop it jung wheein why are you weird she obviously wasn't wondering that, she told herself.

"oh, it's good to know" yongsun smiled as she turned all red as well. She actually was w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter