Chapter three

Anything could happen under a Moon of steel

Taeyeon told her that she was rich but that didn’t prepare her to see her parents’ house. It was huge surrounded by a blooming garden, tall trees and a fountain in the middle of it. The building was of two floors, looked a more like a palace than a home, her eyes got out of their sockets just looking at it.

“Don’t look at it like that, my parents didn’t build it, it belongs to my ancestors. This is the family residence.” Black eyes were staring with a hint of melancholy and nervousness.

“I don’t think I am dressed for enter in… that.” She was looking at her pink sweater and at her leggings, regret all over her face, she should’ve dressed better.

Taeyeon side eyed her and shacked her head. “Don’t worry about it, we’ll change if we need to. We had a very long flight they’ll understand.” Sunny took her lower lip between her teeth, still watching around, still worried.

They parked the car in front of the ingress and got out, she was about to get her luggage but Miss Kim stopped her. “They’ll bring them in our room, don’t worry about it.”

Our room, right. She didn’t think about that. She never actually slept with her clients, the fastest she could she was out and inside a passing taxi. This was kind of new, sleeping together with someone that weren’t her friends, and she had very few of them anyway.

The other girl waited for her and then went to the front door, it was big, almost two times herself in height and of strong wood. It was kind of intimidating. But the smiling face of the old man who opened the door for them was not, it was warm and so sincere that she found herself smiling too.

“Miss Taeyeon welcome back, your parents are waiting for you.” He bowed still smiling but Taeyeon just hugged him with such gusto, it didn’t feel right witnessing it as a stranger.

But then the man turned to look at her with curiosity into his eyes. “Welcome I am the butler, Im Yichang, pleasure to meet you.” She blinked fast trying to switch her brain in Korean, it was a while she hadn’t used it. She bowed first. “P-pleasure to meet you, my name is Lee Sunny” It didn’t sound that good but the man smiled kindly anyway.

Taeyeon realized she should’ve introduced the girl herself, her girl. “Oh I am sorry, this is my girlfriend Mr. Im.” It rolled fast on her tongue but it did sting a bit in the end, she shallowed and tried to evade the stare of her butler.

“Yes I’ve heard about it Miss, she sounds just lovely if I may say so.” Sunny smiled big and shyly at it, her eyes recreating crescents and it was really adorable.

“Thank you, very much.” Her Korean was getting better, it was just rusty, haven’t talked to her parents in years.

 

The old man brought them to meet her parents, they were in the main hall waiting for the lunch to be served, she was a bit famished herself even with the jet lag messing with her stomach. And there they were, her mom and her father on her feet the moment they saw them. Big smiles on their face, she knew they were happy to see her but the warmth she wanted was never there.

They had always been strict on her the most, because she was the first born, because she was a woman but mainly because the biggest slice of ownership was going to be hers in the next future. She didn’t ask for any of it but neither did them.

She hugged them both briefly this time reminding her guest. Her mother watched the girl from head to toe not even moving a muscle, her father accepted the low bow with one of his own. They gravitated immediately towards the couches, Taeyeon missed how comfortable they were and she stretched both arms, sinking in.

Sunny was awkwardly perched, her parents squinting at it. “You can get comfortable we don’t bite.” Mr. Kim was smiling big but he was tense. “So how was the flight?”

Sunny scouted immediately, her back resting against the comfiest sofa she ever got to seat on. An arm circled slowly her shoulders and she had to grit her teeth instead of flinch. In the end she rested her nape on it and it was soft, firm. She got enveloped in a scent too, it was strong but fresh, like a forest in the middle of the sea, she could get used to that.

Taeyeon was conversing with her parents, she resembled a lot both of them in the aspect but not in the way of acting. They looked uptight, more like with a pole stuck up their asses. The girl seemed relaxed but she could feel the hand tapping on the couch behind her shoulder.

She was forcing herself to look natural in that position but Taeyeon squinting her eyes at her face time to time wasn’t helping her, even because her stare lingered as if it was stuck. She felt her cheeks starting to blush.

And then came the fateful question. “And how you two meet?” Mrs. Kim asked with a clear voice, watching her with falcon eyes.

“Well, mom you see, Sunny started some months ago as a secretary to my studio.” She smiled as sweetly as she could and they laughed.

“Ah, I understand, so you are a secretary?”

Taeyeon tensed around her, the grip on her shoulder tighter and she prepared for anything that was going to happen. “Mom don’t start ok? We talked about it enough.” Her tone was the most serious she ever heard until now, it brought goosebumps all over the skin of her arms, the atmosphere felt like ice.

“Alright, alright dear. I wasn’t saying anything.” The parents exchanged a brief look. “Maybe it would be better to have lunch now. You must be tired from the travel.” Mrs. Kim seemed the most placid one in the couple and that was odd.

“Yeah, that would be great.” Taeyeon gave the last squeeze at the others’ shoulder only because she looked so nervous and got up, it seemed almost natural for her to take Sunny’s hand in hers. The shocked look on the girl face suggested the opposite, nevertheless she didn’t take it back. Their fingers interlaced just right, her hands slightly bigger than the brunettes’, it felt legit, she could easily put both of them inside a pocket of one of her coats.

That thought stirred others, more painful, ones and she tried to bury them again in a dark angle of her brain. Even so the resurfaced feelings would not leave her alone.

Sunny noticed immediately the shift in the blond, there was confidence and determination in her when she took her hand, like it was normal. Then it changed, she felt the grip on her hand loose and saw shadows into those big eyes. For all the lunch too, she was in another world, answered all the questions that her parents asked but that was it. Like if her soul was hiding leaving her body to do all the chores.

She didn’t known why she was curious about her sufferers but she was, she wanted to know what swam inside those tears held back.

 

Taeyeon was giving her a tour of the house, it seemed to just go on and on, room after room, she got all in with wide eyes. Mrs. and Mr. Kim left them for the afternoon, so they could rest, because they had organized a family party for the evening. Her client was slightly better than the shell she had seen at lunch, but she could see sadness and tiredness on the lines of her face.

In the end they came to their supposed to be room and when the door was opened she felt the breath die into . It was almost the size of a loft, the bed a four poster one, a sofa much like the one in the floor below, a sturdy inlaid desk, a vanity she only had seen in movies and finally it had its own bathroom.

Miss Kim had a tiny smile on her face, watching her getting familiar with all of it. “I have a jacuzzi in the bathroom if you want to try it, anytime.” Her grin got a little bigger when Sunny gasped.

Having a woman into her room after so much time felt strange, just thinking at the last time made her stomach burn. So she concentrated on how much flabbergasted the other girl looked, it was cute.

The girl entered the bathroom watching the tub with attention, Taeyeon was staring, leaned on the door, memories were assaulting her watering her eyes, but she stared anyway because there was a fickle there, of warmth.

“I think I am going to accept your offer right now, can I?” Shaded amber eyes caught her looking and she just nodded quickly with rosy cheeks.

“I’ll try to sleep a little, my head is killing me.” And it was, it had started throbbing for a while now. She was just about to took out a blanket to sleep on the couch when she felt a presence at her shoulder.

“Do you want a massage? I am seriously good at it.” Taeyeon almost jumped when turning around the girl gotten even closer.

She found herself stuttering for the first time in years. “I-I-I… no, no thank you. I’ll just take a nap.” Shallowing hard at the unmoving she got in answer, a lump formed on when she noticed that she could count the long eyelashes in front of her, she shallowed again and turned to fetch the blanket.

Sunny was still rooted on the spot, watching her lie on the couch, squinting her eyes at it. “Why are you sleeping on the couch?”

“I am leaving the bed to you, in case you want to take a nap too.” She almost bit her tongue at the increased eyebrows presented to her.

“There’s no need to… it’s a very large bed and this is your room, I should take the couch.” She crossed her arms under her chest, looking bossy.

Taeyeon wasn’t ready in slightest to sleep with someone that wasn’t her plushies. “No, no, just take the bed ok? Humor me… and I am your host.” She mirrored her pose, trying to seem more authoritative.

Sunny actually smirked a little but than backed off, opening her luggage. She didn’t watch long enough to know what she was picking.

 

The idea of taking a bath into a jacuzzi was the best she ever had, the water was at the perfect temperature, the bodywash smelled amazing and the jets were massaging her shoulder delicately. She could easily fall asleep like this, but couldn’t really, right?

 

A loud rattle waked her up with a tachycardia, her eyes wide open to see Taeyeon with her forehead resting on the door, her breathe short.

“Okay, okay. You are okay right?” She had her eyes shut, her chest rising up and down very fast.

Sunny blinked, taking in the situations. She had fallen indeed asleep into the tub and the water was icy cold now, making her shiver. Then she remembered about her and covered the s with an arm, not that Taeyeon was looking in her way. She still had both eyes shut, breathing hard on the door, like she ran a marathon.

She felt her cheeks torn red like mature tomatoes. “Y-yes, I am alright, I think I must’ve fallen asleep.”

The blond nodded on the wood. “I thought so, but you’ve been in here for more than two hours and didn’t answer when I called you. I am sorry, I panicked.” She was palming her whole face, her big ears got almost fuchsia.

She would’ve chuckled if she wasn’t absolutely freezing. “It’s okay, thank you for waking me up, I was about to get hypothermia.”

Taeyeon wasn’t moving and looked like she was cursing at herself.

“Can you pass me the towel, I am freezing in here.” And in fact her body wasn’t responding as it should to her directions, she felt stiffy and her teeth were stuttering.

The blonde cursed under the breath again and reached for the towel almost blind. Her heart was still pumping like a maniac under her stern. She got really scared when she woke up from her nap and the girl was nowhere to be found. Now she was in a very bad situation. She saw the bare face and the pearled with water neck, nothing else, but she could use her imagination very well.

With a towel in both hands she stood near the tub, red face turned, eyes completely shut. It felt completely supernatural, having a woman supposed to be her girlfriend in her tub, in her room and not having the right to look at her.

She bit her lips to blood at the sound of splashing water on the floor, the pit pat of feet and the body that pushed on the towel. Gritting her teeth she waited for hands to substitute hers on the fabric. “You can open your eyes now, thank you.”

The teasing voice told her and she did, founding a teasing smile in front of her, and her eyes got lower for a second. Taking in the towel covered wet body, still stuttering a bit for the cold. Shallowing loudly and clearing het throat she just nodded, turning on her hells and back into her room.

She could feel her ears still throbbing and still hot.

If her reactions continued to be this loud, this clear, she was in dept trouble. Taeyeon knew perfectly well that she wasn’t ready, that her heart was still with someone else, that the situation was anything but perfect and she couldn’t, she shouldn’t.

But her face was still red, her eyes full of what could be, she could feel soft skin on her hands as if it was there. Groaning she took her face in her hands and gripped it tight, trying to make all of it go away.

In the end a knock on the door saved the situation.