Chapter thirteen

Anything could happen under a Moon of steel

 

It took her what? Half a day? To realize she made a ing enormous mistake. So here she was with blond hair in her hands explaining why she was an idiot to herself, using Tiffany as a echoing wall of course.

“Taeyeon… just call the damn woman!” The long shiny nails tapped on the wood table in the lawyer kitchen.

She tightened the grip on her hair. “I don’t have it!”

Now Tiffany was about to go on a two long hours explanation on how much of a moron her friend was, but looking at the circumstances she decided to be merciful. “Think of another way to contact her then.” It was pretty simple from her point of view, but well, she had a brain unlikely of her opponent.

Taeyeon actually raised her head just to glare at her with slightly red eyes. “She doesn’t want to see me.”

Tiffany agreed completely with this girl she didn’t even meet, but again she was merciful. “Yes, but to get things right you have to talk to her, explain yourself.”

The blonde released her hair and sighed, it was a desperate sound. The other girl patted her shoulder in sympathy. “I am sorry but now I have to go, just stay focused on the target, don’t lose your head.”

Onyx eyes followed her movements until she was out of the door, just to take her head in her hands again.

She was officially losing it.

 

At the end she called the agency, it was her last resource and it sicked her to the stomach. She’d book another appointment hoping for Sunny to actually go and meet her. Just to found out that she was already booked the next day, and for the week ahead.

So she did something a New York Lawyer with her own study would do, she asked to speak with the boss. The girl at the phone was very, very, reluctant but pushing was her damn job and she was really good at it.

She got the meeting.

Of course she wanted to speak to Sunny, but what made her act like that was the mere thought of the girl going through another gig, with who knows whom disgusting men. It made her hands tremble and itch. She wasn’t going to let her suffer anymore.

 

It surely wasn’t her scene, the suffused red lights of the club creeping her out, the music resounding in the packed up place. She wasn’t even in the dress code for the event, a tailor made ivory suit wouldn’t cut it. But they said go get her yourself and here she was in the Bloody Mary club with goosebumps all over her arms.

The almost women going around the sparkly stage all around the club made her cheeks go fuchsia and she tried to unsee. She was searching for one woman, hopingly a more dressed woman.

Her life was going exactly at the opposite way she wanted, but hell you play with what you got.

In the meanwhile she rejected more cocktails that she did in all her adult life, few very bad proposition and a fifty buck to get on the stage.

But she found her, on someone lap too, Sunny was smiling with pearly white teeth, the smile not reaching her eyes. Her hands touching a beard covered chin and broad shoulders, the bile raised to her tongue but she inhaled and put on her best lawyer poker face she could.

The client recognized her first, watching with surprised and astonished eyes. “Attorney Kim?” Then Sunny looked at her and opened her eyes so big it seemed she was seeing a ghost.

Taeyeon tried to remain calm. “Judge Russel.” He was a good looking man in his forty, tall, broad shoulders and everything. She thought he was a decent man also, maybe she was very wrong and had to update her jerk radar. In the meantime hoping she wouldn’t get him as her next processor.

Sunny was still looking at her with the same expression, and it was very late to not her glance wander and notice the miniskirt, the silk garter and the nearly to small marc top. The marked make up throw her out a bit, her face looked meaner, hard, not the way she was used to see it.

“I am sorry to put an end on your evening Mr. Russel but Sunny can I speak to you?” She was hoping a neutral start could only do good, even if she wanted to slap him multiple times in the face.

“What kind of case are you following now?” He tsked and she almost lost her cool.

With an offering hand she waited for the girl to get on her feet and get the hell out of here. “No case Judge, sorry to disappoint you.”

“I am working right now.” Were the first rushed words she heard in two days.

That was going to be the big problem.

“It’s not your work anymore so please get down and come with me.” And maybe that was too harsh but she felt like walking on thin ice and under was her rage growing.

Sunny glared at her but got down on her feet, Mr. Russel hands holding her hips, she had to fist hers to not swat them away. “What? What did you do?”

With that smoky eyes she just looked even madder that she was. “Can I explain it to you in another place, where we could talk calmy?” Taeyeon gritted her teeth hoping for the best.

“What the did you do?” That wasn’t the worst at least.

“Can you settle your affairs in another time? I am trying to enjoy my free time, here.” His hands were still on her hips and that was when she lost it.

Taeyeon settled her eyes right into his, evocating her glare from the cross interrogation. “Would you like to see your face on the first page of every journal of the city tomorrow morning?” Mr. Russel shut up immediately. She nodded. “Precisely, go enjoy your free time elsewhere please.” He rose up and mumbling curses went to the bar.

The brunette was watching her with arms crossed and an angry glint on her face. “I am waiting.”

She could see that. Opening the work leather bag she gets the papers out, holding them for the girl to take.

“What are those? Is that my contract?” She started to read it, knitting her eyebrows more and more with every line. “Explain to me damn it!”

The blonde evaded the stare that was piercing her face, opting to look at something insignificant in the distant. “I finished your contract, extinguished your debts.” The slap on her cheek was almost a given but shocked her, nonetheless.

“You had no rights to do this to me!”

Taeyeon held on the flaming red cheek, inhaling deeply, that hurt more that she anticipated. “Again, can we discuss this somewhere else?” Sunny glared at her again. “Look, please? I’ll explain myself and if you don’t want anything to do to me then I’ll let you be.” She sounded desperate even in her owns ears.

At least she gave in and they reached the exit of that forsaken place. The marc clothed shoulders were as straight as ever, the walk angry and precise even in those high heels. It made her gulp in fear and arousal.

“Where is your coat?” Outside was quite cold and the brunette had very little on.

“In the judge car, I came with him here.” She watched the line of tummy showing with anger mist of yearn. She got out of her own coat. “I am not taking yours.”

“Come on or you’ll get a bronchopneumonia. I have the car right here anyway.” Sunny scoffed but took it, tucking her arms in it with hatred.

 

 

She was so mad, so upset that in front of her eyes everything was red. “Do you have any idea what you did to me? And why? Because we spend a week together and kissed how many times? Twice?”

How dare she play with her life like that, making her feel like thing, a possess more that she ever felt.

“It was more than twice.” Honestly, she wanted to slap her again. “I… wanted just to talk to you but you were packed for the full week..-

“So you thought that buying me was the right thing to do!” Flushes were lambing her neck, her veins pulsing on her forehead.

It felt out of place, all that rage, in a that stylish kitchen, light wood and white marble all over. Taeyeon had a really beautiful house, but she wasn’t there to make compliments.

“First, I didn’t buy you! I just payed all the debts you had with them and payed extra to terminate your contract. I don’t even know how they do have such papers, nor how they make it all look legal, but anyway… where was I.” Taeyeon looked really out of place in her own house. Bright circled eyes were evading hers like they never did before. “Look, if you really want to restart working for them I don’t think they’ll say no.”

I don’t want that.

Sunny sighed feeling the wrath subside for a moment. “What am I going to do with my life now? Where am I going to live?” She was getting teary. “And for the last time it wasn’t your place! I am not a charity project for god sake!” She had enough and so stood up, tapping with her heels aggressively on the parquet.

“Wait where are you going? Wait.” Taeyeon was hot on her heels glancing at her with those pools of sadness. “I didn’t do it for owning you or for anything you’ll thinking of.”

She heard her breathe tightening, her body stood her rooted to the ground. “Then for what?” It didn’t sound as much as bitter as she wished.

Taeyeon looked at her for a long moment and she waited, trying to regulate her breathing. “I am sorry if I did something wrong, I-I just didn’t want you to suffer anymore like that and to be free. That’s why I did it.”

She gulped the barbed wire she could feel against her neck. “There’s no if, that’s not an apology.” Looking at the ground she tried so hard not to cry, not to show weakness because that’s what you get by exposing yourself, betrayal. “It was not your decision to make.”

“Then I am sorry I did that for you, I am sorry I didn’t ask you first.” It was sweet but she was so upset that the words resonated like acid in her ears.

her hands she went for the door again, just to be stopped again. “Let me go, you don’t understand anything, you probably can’t anyway.” The hand on her arm retreated as if was burned.

“Then help me understand.” it looked like Taeyeon wasn’t going to back down like that.

She shacked her head and got the doorknob in her hands. “I just better go and find somewhere to stay, I don’t think they’ll let me stay in their loft.”

“Look, I got a solution. I have a big apartment, I have a spare room you can stay here for as long as you wish.” There was so much hope and guilt in the lines of her face.

The barbed wire got tighter on her neck and she got just more upset. “I don’t want to stay with you!”

She saw the blond slightly jump at the scream, hurt all over her face, the same hurt she was feeling deep inside.

“I-I know, but I did the damage, let me help… or I could just pay an hotel for you.” She sounded so distressed, so sad, it just hurt more. “It is my fault, let me make It up.”

Sunny huffed from deep inside her heart, the weight of the day settling in her bones. “Can I choose the hotel?” She said watching onyx eyes go dull as if they were an opaque stone.

“Of course, whichever you want.” Taeyeon was concentrated on the floor, biting her lip like it was the only thing she could do.

In the end she couldn’t, something was stopping her from going away or maybe she was just dead tired, the pain taking all her energies away. “I think I’ll stay here. But only until I get settled.” She observed teary eyes raising from the ground with a different shade in all that dark.

The blonde nodded.

“But I am not forgiving you Taeyeon.” She absolutely couldn’t.

She nodded again biting her lip to blood and turning around so she couldn’t see. “I’ll go get you something better to sleep in.”

Sunny heard the tears in the broken words and stopped hers from flowing with only her iron will.