Chapter One

Anything could happen under a Moon of steel

The sound of high hells clicking awaked Taeyeon from her lucid dream, she was nursing her espresso, being in her favorite chic café calmed a bit her nerves.

She didn’t know the woman she was supposed to meet and really hoped to find what she searched for.

A woman seemingly on her mid-twenty entered the café and was walking, more like swaying toward her direction. High-waisted tight jeans and an adherent black long-sleeved blouse embraced her hourglass figure well, her red lips were pursued and brown cat-like eyes searched for something.

She was exactly like her pictures on the site, prettier even, her curves standing out and her tiny face was adorable. Relieved that her choice seemed good Taeyeon raised her hand, standing up from her seat, indicating her presence.

The girl smiled at her, a pretty smile, and approached.

“Hi, I am Kim Taeyeon. Please have a sit.” She offered her hand and the woman shook it, her hands tiny and polished as herself.

“Hi, I am Sunny. Pleasure to meet you.” Her sweet perfume seemed to fill the place and she found her lips curling upward.

Clearing and remembering her good manners she asked:” Can I offer you something? They make a great coffee.”

Sunny crinkled her nose, seeming to think about it. “Can I get a hot chocolate instead? It’s freezing outside!” In fact her nose and her cheeks were rosy and her deep brown shoulder length hairs were a bit messed by the wind. Taeyeon found that beyond cute.

“Oh sure, that’s good idea, I’ll have one myself.” She called the waitress and ordered the two chocolates.

The woman watched her with expectation, but when she couldn’t say a word she took the initiative. “So, the company said to me that someone prenoted me for a whole week, I presume it’s your boss or it is a gift?” She talked about it with such nonchalance and she felt her cheeks blush.

“Well… I’d say it’s for my boss.” She chuckled trying to not make a fool out of herself. “But my boss it’s… well me, so…”

Sunny stared at her with wide eyes. “You are my client?” When her boss said to her that she was being requested for a week, the client paying big money for it, she thought about an old businessman. Not even in her wildest dream she imagined that it was a barely taller than her, quite cute girl in a grey suit, smiling at her sweetly and offering her hot chocolate.

“Yes, I am. I know it’s strange. I didn’t even mean to do it for real but a friend, as joke, suggested the site of your company, you seemed sweet and cute enough on the pictures.” She hoped she wasn’t full red even feeling heat everywhere.

“Me? Cute? Have they uploaded new pictures without me knowing?” The situations just got weirder and weirder, she knows her photos on the platform and neither are cute, or sweet.

“Wait, I’ll show it to you.” Taeyeon reached for her phone inside her pocket while their drinks arrived. She made a fuss of digitating the site and going to her page, like she hadn’t the actual photo saved, to not look like a strange ert. “Here, see?”

Sunny almost chocked watching herself in the skimp and very revealing schoolgirl uniform. “You think that’s cute?” her voice raised of few octaves, she couldn’t believe her eyes. Her client actually nodded.

“I know it’s some kind of of old men, but I liked the light in your eyes.”

“The light in my eyes?” She had half of her chest exposed, the skirt barely covering her and she looked at her eyes?

“Yes! You think I am weird, don’t you?” The shorter girl blinked her eyes watching her client smile awkwardly.

“It’s kind of strange… but I am glad you are not an old man, with some gross .” She giggled and Taeyeon watched in awe as her eyes disappeared into crescents.

“Actually, you don’t have to worry about my es… not that I have any.” She sipped at her hot drink, cringing at herself. “Because I want just someone to accompany me to a family reunion.” Sunny couldn’t wrap her head on this blond woman.

“You rented me to just accompany you?” Paying really big money for it, she must be rich, like Richie Rich kind of rich.

“Well, that and for being my fake girlfriend?” Now that was new, sure she was an , she was supposed to be escorting people. But none called her to just do that, it was a tiny part of her job.

“Wait a moment, let me take this straight, you want me to be your girlfriend at a family reunion that lasts for a week?” Biting her lips she started at the blond nodding, her big black eyes sweet and open, but also hiding something else. There was an aura of sadness surrounding the girl, she must feel very lonely. “Why do you need to hire an anyway? You are young, pretty and I suppose stable financially.”

Taeyeon opened and closed it again, signing slowly. That was what her family had asked her for the past two years. “I am focusing my efforts on my work, I don’t have the time nor the interest in having one.” She felt her tone turn harsh, but she couldn’t do anything about it.

Sensing the delicacy of the argument Sunny dropped it and throw a fake smile. “I understand and what kind of work do you do?”

The atmosphere turned cold and formal in a moment. “I am a lawyer in a studio here in New York. My family lives near Seoul, so we’ll be there for the week.” Now it was like she was talking in one of her work meeting, the brunette full lips tensed into a lopsided smile.

“I understand, so you don’t want to have any kind of… ? With me?” She asked to be sure, a week in a kind of vacancy with no unwanted sounded like an early paradise.

Taeyeon chocked on her chocolate, her neck in flames. “No Miss… ehm Miss Sunny?” The girl nodded. “Miss Sunny, I am into not payed .” Even if she was witty, cute and seemingly sweet all wrapped in a tiny hot package, she liked to pleasure a woman that liked her back. “And you are Korean, right?”

“Yes, my parents moved from Korea before I was born, and before you ask I can speak Korean.” The younger girl smiled satisfied to have been able to shut her up, she felt like she was evaluated. Not that normally wasn’t like that, but this time it felt very much different. She wasn’t evaluating her body or the way she could perform, she was probing for other things.

“Very well then, the flight is in the early morning of Monday, we will be back the next Monday.” She didn’t want her to feel like she was a package or a plaything.

“Do you want me to dress in a specific way? Like in a classy way or..?” She was used to clients making their requests very clear so she was ready for everything.

Taeyeon shacked her head immediately, eliminating every imagine of Sunny in lingerie from her brain. “Please dress in the way you usually do, just be sure to pack something elegant, we are going to few events.” She felt like filth to use another woman like this, the idea to use as her doll sickened her stomach.

Sunny squinted her eyes, she could wear what she wanted? That was another first. “Perfect, then I am going to give you my number, so you can text the details. Sounds okay?” Her break was almost over anyway.

“Oh, sure. Anyway if you want I can pick you up and we’ll to the airports together, to make things simpler for you, of course.” Praying she wasn’t passing for a future stalker, she put her best reassuring smile.

“I’d rather not, I don’t give clients my address. But thank you.” The girl put on another plastic smile and Taeyeon huffed, she was passing for a future stalker alright. “Then I’ll be going, pleasure to meet you Miss Kim, see you Monday.”

They exchanged numbers and shacked hands again, Taeyeon didn’t realize before how soft her hand was, and with a lump in she watched the girl sway her way back to work, feeling guilty for watching her in those tight jeans.

What the am I doing.

 

“I can’t believe you actually did it, and how’s the girl?” Tiffany, her best friend for almost all her life was sipping her morning long americano, polished and ready for work.

“She’s very pretty, exactly like the pictures on the site, well maybe prettier actually.” Even so she kept thinking that it was a bad idea, she should’ve just told her parents the truth.

“Oh, someone made an impression.” Her long black-haired friend winked at her. “Don’t fall in love Taeyeon, I am warning you.”

“Eh, I her meet once and I just said she is pretty!” She didn’t like where this talk was going.

“Do I have to remind you that you experienced already love at first sight? And where that brought you?” Tiff was smiling, as always, but it was a worried one, all tensed lines.

She felt her blood boil in her veins. “She is… she was the love of my life, she is just an hooker. Don’t compare them please.” Biting her croissant in an angry way she watched her friend sigh.

“Don’t need to get angry Tae-Tae, I am only worried about you, in your eyes there’s a light that yesterday wasn’t there.” She refused to think about it.

“Yes, and you want to know why? I finished the dossier I have being working on for two weeks, and now I am free to go to Korea.” She smiled in full pride of herself, the mountain of files she had on her desk was making her crazy, but now It was over.

“Fine, I am happy for you.” Tiffany smiled back, her eyes disappearing completing and reminding her of Sunny’s.

Her stomach closed a bit, feeling nervous for absolutely no reason she put the last bite of croissant in . Her body was trying to tell her something she knew, but she wasn’t going to listen to any of that. Absolutely not.