Destiny

My First-Looking Love

- That was amazing! Wonderful! Charming! - Sana exclaimed, seeing the ad that Chaeyeon created. - The advertising for our new jewelry line is in great hands! Even though you are a stylist, you did an excellent job as a publisher; hiring you was the best thing I did this year. Twice Jewelry will go to another level!

- Thank you very much, boss - Timidly, she replied. - I worked with it before becoming a stylist, so it wasn't too difficult to adapt, although I still need to improve a lot...

As much as she knew her ability and was sure of herself, Chaeyeon was still embarrassed when she received some praise for her work. It was as if, even with all the confidence she had always received in all the places she worked, there was still some fear left in her subconscious. Sana continued:

- You are great, believe me! But I just want to know one thing: Why didn't Kang Hyewon appear anywhere in this advertisement?

- W-well, she's still a newbie, she hasn't been able to film well yet. So I put Miru in her place.

- We won't promote only in Japan. Did you forget that we are going to expand my brand to South Korea too?? So, don't just use Japanese models. We want to create empathy and acceptance with the Korean audience.

- Are you sure? We don't have another Korean model. Momo, Mina and Tzuyu are VERY well known in my country, acceptance there wouldn’t be a problem. And Miru photographed very well. Hyewon still lacks confidence for a campaign of this size and-

- It's your role to give her confidence too, Chaeyeon - Sana said, in a much more serious way. - She will be the “face” of our company in Korea. She has presence, elegance and a beauty that I’ve rarely seen in my life. Do whatever it takes to make her look good in the commercial. Was I clear enough??

- Yes, boss - Chaeyeon bowed, greeting Sana and lefting the room.

As soon as she closed the door, Chaeyeon came across the other models, around a cell phone, excited to watch… something . Out of curiosity, she got close enough to hear what they were saying:

- Wow, she looks beautiful! said Mina. - Look how she’s shining!

- That outfit looks wonderful on her - Momo added.

- Those colors, that astonishing dress, everything perfect - Miru looked impressed. - Our friend rocked!

- Hitomi is really the best businesswoman in that field. Sakuchan's career will fly high at Enozi - Tzuyu said.

- I miss her - Sasshihara said. - We went out often, do y’all remember?

- There's no way to forget... I remember that day when we went to the rock festival and she drank so much that she ended up trying to kiss Jurina, that famous e-gamer she is a fan of ...

- Oh right! In the other day, when she remembered what she did, she was so ashamed that she avoided us for a week - Juri added, being followed by several laughs from the other girls.

Hearing all these words, and seeing how they were talking about Sakura, Chaeyeon forgot her discretion and “got in” among the models:

- How long will they keep drooling on my fiancee?? Do you want me to bring you a scarf??

- Calm down, Chae - replied Momo - we have known Sakura a lot longer than you. We can admire our friend, can't we???

- Well, you can, but take a breathe, please! It seems that you are in love with her!

- Don't overdo it, please! - Mina was outraged. - We are not like that!

- I didn't know you were so jealous, Chaeyeon. Keep calm. We really like your relationship. I've never seen Sakura so happy before. - Momo was keen to point out.

- I didn't even know that - Chaeyeon replied. - I think that all these months away from her made me discover it..

- Talking about it - Juri asked - there’s one thing I've wanted to know since Sana hired you: why did you leave Enozi and come here? Sakura was so excited to work with you in Korea, and suddenly you go back to Japan and leave her there?

- It's my business and hers, I intend to keep it that way, okay??? By the way, where's Hyewon? I need to talk to her.

- Give up, Juri - Tzuyu turned to her friend. - I already tried to get it out of Chaeyeon's mouth, and she didn't say a word. Sasshi called Sakura and asked the same question, and nothing... one hour we find out!

- You mean "never", don't you?? This is a thing that matters only to me and her. And answer me now, where is Hyewon??

- She went out to lunch and hasn't come back yet. She hasn't get along with us yet, she always prefers to stay alone. - Mina said. - Why are you so urgent to talk to her?

- Work issues - Chaeyeon replied, short and to the point. - Soon you all will know. Please, when she arrives, say that I'm waiting in my office.

As soon as she received positive responses from the models, Chaeyeon left that place, leaving them still wondering and trying to imagine the answers that the stylist didn't give them.

 

 

Meanwhile, in Korea - more precisely, at Enozi Models - Eunbi celebrated the success of her first campaign with Sakura as a model. The Japanese woman had many fashion shows scheduled, her photos took all the covers of the main newspapers and fashion magazines, and the articles highlighted the “renaissance” of the company as the main model agency in the country and the sure entry into the clothing segment. Kaeun's designs were being praised all over Asia and the orders kept coming.

- Let's drink, Chaewon! - Eunbi held up the glass of champagne in her hand. - We did it!

- Thanks to you, unnie! Your leadership makes a lot of difference here. Since you went back to work every day, even the fights between Kaeun and Sakura have stopped.

- No, no! Everyone here has contributed. Even Yuri proved to have its value. Without it, we wouldn't be able to reach an agreement with the bank to install our debt. And if we keep up the good pace, we'll get rid of it in no time!

- Speaking of keeping pace, have you decided on the proposal to collaborate with Twice Jewelry?? They’re the Japan's biggest jewelry store! The owner herself called us. It would be a big deal, our clothes, her jewelry and Sakura in the same advertising campaign!

- The offer was tempting, but honestly, I'm still not sure... we should first consolidate our recovery in the Korean market.

- Unnie, I even agree with you, but this is a golden chance to us to settle our brand in Japan! - Chaewon tried to convince Eunbi. - Take into account that Sakura is already known there... We have to work out the iron while it is still hot, don't you think??

- I don't know, Chaewon, I don't know - the CEO replied, looking a little dejected. - I have a bad feeling about it. Do you know when you feel that even everything is looking like it is going to work, yet something is going to go very wrong? It is what I always feel when I consider accepting this proposal from... from... what is the name of the owner of that jewelry?

- Minatozaki Sana!

- Wait… I've heard Sakura say that name earlier… does she know this Sana?

- I can ask her, do you want to? Who knows, maybe convince you to accept her offer. If both are known, it will be much easier to deal with this whole situation.

- Call her - Eunbi said.

 

- Hello, Sakura unnie?

- Chaewon? What do you want??

- Do you happen to know Minatozaki Sana, the owner of Twice Jewelry??

- Yes, I do! She studied with me, she is a great friend... why do you want to know?

- She sent a proposal for a collaboration with Enozi, but Eunbi unnie is afraid to accept... we think that maybe you could give some information about her!

- Eunbi unnie is going to do a great deal! Sana is very easy to deal with, as well as having very high quality jewelry, which will go very well with Kaeun's designs. I hope she accepts. Ah, her team is wonderful and hard-working too!

- Thank you! I hope I haven't disturbed you too much, after all it's your day off..

- Do not worry. It was a pleasure to help! Good afternoon, Chaewon!

- See you, Sakura unnie!

 

As soon as she ended the call, Chaewon soon convinced the CEO to accept Sana's proposal. The two companies would run several campaigns in both Korea and Japan and help each other achieve their own goals - both sides would win. In a few days, they reached an agreement, signed a contract and Eunbi, Yuri and Chaewon embarked to Sana's office to formalize the partnership and hold a press conference in the noble hall of the largest hotel in Tokyo - reserved especially for the occasion.

At the appointed time, early in the morning, they arrived, ready to answer all that numerous questions of the reporters, who already filled the room. The main Korean and Japanese TV stations were ready to broadcast the press conference live. Eunbi would be the first to speak, so she immediately started:

- Ladies and gentlemen, good morning. My name is Kwon Eunbi and I'm the CEO of Enozi Models. The announcement that I and the owner of Twice Jewelry, Minatozaki Sana, are going to make at this moment is about the partnership that we are starting today to, hnn... for...

Suddenly, Eunbi lost her words and stopped speaking. Astonished, she looked at the back of the room, watching two people enter. Sakura, Sana and Yuri were not understanding anything, but Chaewon, looking at the same direction in which her friend was looking, soon understood what it was happening.

Eunbi was looking directly at Chaeyeon and Hyewon.