Endgame

My First-Looking Love

It was morning and Chaeyeon soon woke up. She thought it was still early and her hands were looking for Sakura, but she soon realized that she was no longer lying there. It would be a long Saturday without her bride around practically all day, She would have to invent something to do and not die of boredom. She got up and, after brushing her teeth - you have to take care of hygiene, right? No morning breath - she went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. When she got there, she found the table all set and set. A real banquet, entitled to everything she liked most, and a small handwritten note:

 

“My Chae,

 

Good morning my love! Enjoy the food and have a great day. And at night, you will have a big surprise and all the attention you deserve! Kisses, I love you.

 

Kkura ”

 

Chaeyeon smiled broadly as soon as she read Sakura's words. It was not for less; the Japanese woman always showed her love for her, always touching her heart. “Look, she even bought me sweet potato snacks! She is precious!” she thought, as she sat down and started eating, enjoying each piece with satisfaction.

Shortly after finishing eating and tidying up the kitchen, the stylist took the ticket again and reread it for a long time. “Am I going to have a big surprise?? What is she up to? Did she felt guilty about last night”? Chaeyeon started to fill herself with expectations, daydreaming, trying to imagine what Sakura was thinking to do. She decided to go out and buy her a gift, taking the opportunity to take a walk and avoid spending the whole day doing nothing and watching TV.

 

Arriving at lunchtime - without having yet found the ideal gift - Chaeyeon decided to go to a restaurant instead of going back to Sakura's apartment to cook. Just as she sat in the back and waited to be attended, she saw two people who were known to come in, but who didn't notice her presence: Eunbi and Chaewon, who sat right next to the table, but kept their backs to her. Looking at them, she noticed some tension on the CEO's face; full of curiosity, she decided to stay in place instead of going out and started listening to their conversation:

- So, Chaewon, how are things between Kaeun and Sakura? Did they stop fighting? - Eunbi asked, while calling the waiter to place the order. - We need both collaborating with the work. We have to get this contract! Everything has to going well!

- Today Sakura was in a good mood and Kaeun was a bit quiet, so they weren't really angry with each other... gladly! - Chaewon took a deep breath. - I have lost count of how many times I was asked to speak directly with you to resolve the disagreements between them! But in another fields, everything is going well, don't worry. Just the fact that we hired Sakura has already made many clothing brands interested in your agency, and although it is not yet well known, Kaeun's name is being very well accepted.

- Great! - exclaimed the CEO, satisfied.

- But I still think you should talk to them both, you know? To end once and for all the possibility of confusion. Can I talk to them that you will find them later?

- Only Monday, Chaewon. Today I am not going back to Enozi ..

- Again, unnie? Don't you think you're overreacting with these visits to Sian? If you showed up at the agency three times this week, counting on this morning, it was much! You’re so absent!

- I already explained to you several times! Sian needs me, and I will not leave her alone in this difficult time...

- Don't lie to me, I know you very well! You have the authority to send anyone else to look after her. Nako has been doing this often for a long time. You say we need to work hard to raise the company, but you barely show up for work! Everything ends up being on my back!

- Yuri is the vice president, call on her to help! She would do no more than her obligation..

- Do you think I will leave everything to YURI? The only thing she has been doing is meeting with Ms Choi! If I didn't know her, I would even say that she is in love. We already got the deal with the bank last week, but they kept seeing each other almost every day, until yesterday. And by the way, you don't trust her, so I have to take the lead!

- Okay, Chaewon, you won! Starting next week, I will appear more at the company, ok? But I will continue to visit Sian. By the way, I have to tell you something... - Eunbi started to turn red and Chaewon was worried.

- Unnie! Don't tell me you did what I'm thinking you did!

- Yes, I did! I asked Sian to date me and she accepted!

- You can't be serious, unnie!

- I thought you'd be happy for me, Chaewon! I expected another reaction!

- Honestly, unnie.. I should be happy because Sian is a great person and has always been in love with you, for sure she'll be a great girlfriend... but I can't stop thinking about all these years, when you didn't even treat her as a friend and it was only you discover her situation that all this changed, and you act as if you corresponded her feelings??

Eunbi looked at her friend with total indignation.

- How can you think all this about me?? It took me a while to realize, but Sian is a very special person, yes, and I want to be with her, can't I??

- Of course you can, unnie! But yesterday you told me that being with her is the only thing that makes you forget about Chaeyeon, and-

- Don't say that name anymore! - Eunbi interrupted Chaewon's speech, gritting her teeth. - Don't you notice how much effort I am making to forget her? Why do you have to keep reminding me of her????

- It wasn't my intention, you know... but I have to warn you! Can I be honest with you?

- And when were you not honest with me? Go, speak!

- I'm afraid that, deep down, you’re using Sian to forget about Chaeyeon! And if so, please stop. Sian isn’t in good health condition and she doesn’t deserve to be treated like that, even if your intentions to care for her are the best possible and you have no malice. In one way or another, someone will get hurt from this story.

- Don't worry, my friend. - Eunbi sighed deeply before continue talking - okay, I still feel something for Chaeyeon. It’s very difficult to forget someone so quickly. But these days with Sian have been so good, I don't want to miss this opportunity. I still don't love her, but I will love her someday. I need to do this, for me, for her and for Chaeyeon too. It will been better for everyone.

Chaeyeon became startled when she heard that Eunbi still liked her, dropping a glass on the ground. Everyone in the restaurant looked at her, including the two who were at the next table. Another waiter arrived quickly to clean up the pieces scattered on the floor, and then Eunbi recognized her:

- CHAEYEON??? Why are you here??? I thought you’ve got back to Japan!

- Isn't it clear, unnie? - Chaewon took the lead. - I said that Sakura today was in a high mood ... she came to visit her!

- W-well, I was going to answer it, but she said everything .. I just came to spend a weekend with Kkura - Chaeyeon replied.

Eunbi quickly realized that Chaeyeon probably overheard that entire conversation and was completely embarrassed. What would she have understood?

- C-Chaeyeon, if you heard something, I hope you didn't misunderstand me, I-I didn't mean that, I just-

- Calm down, Eunbi - said the stylist, looking straight into the CEO's eyes. - I'm glad to know that you're moving on. Our agreement is working. Well, I will continue to keep my promise. See you later - Chaeyeon stood up without waiting for her food request to arrive, leaving Eunbi behind.

- That was unexpected - said Chaewon.

- Well, as she said, this is working as it should. It's OK!

- Do you really believe on it??

Eunbi was silent. She knew she was lying to herself. She thought she was over everything that had happened in the past few weeks, but hearing Chaeyeon say those words affected her strongly. But, believing that the story between the two was definitely dead and that there would be no turning back, she decided to do her best to, one day, respond to the feelings of her new girlfriend. After that, she and Chaewon had lunch and Eunbi went straight to Sian's house.

 

 

At another restaurant on the other side of town, Yuri was, again, with Ms. Choi - just as Chaewon said, they have been together constantly lately. Even without needing to, Yuri missed seeing her; therefore, she always invented some new reasons to arrange new meetings. Soon after they finished lunch, Ms Choi spoke:

- Yuri-ah, why did you call me this time? Is any wrong number in the contract again? I already convinced myself of the company's financial plan!

- Ms Choi, is that I-

- Yena. Call me Yena, please!

- A-all right - replied Yuri, practically shaking all over inside.

- Are you alright???

- What? I’m calm ..

- It's just that you're sweating and your face is all red. Do you have a fever? - Yena said, placing her hand on Yuri's forehead.

As soon as she felt Yena touching her, Yuri felt her heart race. She lost her rationality for a few moments and kissed her. Just when she realized what she did, she pushed herself away, completely scared, and ran.

- Yuri! Come back here! You need to explain this to me! - Yena shouted, right after getting up and running after her.

“Don't be worried, Yuri! I enjoyed that…"