Jennie was calling

Wrong Send

Jisoo's Pov

Currently, Chaeng and I are waiting for Lisa and Jennie. Chaeng forced me and I can't do anything else but gave in. She is my bestfriend after all. 


"Hey, Chaeng? How's it going between you and Lisa?" I asked and glance at her. But she just shrugged making me frown.


"Oh, so you're not telling me?" I said and putted my hands on my waist, facing her. She also did the same and smirk.


"You also didn't want to tell me about you and Jennie." She said and smirk.


"What the? What am I supposed to tell you? There's nothing between us." I said and rolled my eyes.


"You two held hands last time. You even dragged her out when you were leaving." She said and crossed her arms making me blush a little. Good thing she didn't noticed it. 


"I'll tell you if you tell me first." I said looking at her. She gave me a look and shook her head.


"I asked first, so you tell me first!" She said raising her voice a little.


"What? You're yelling at me now?" I said raising also my voice. She pouted and shook her head. 

"I'm sorry unnie. I didn't mean to." She apologized and hugged me. I just smiled and patted her head.


Then suddenly Chaeng and I heard someone cough, so we let go each other and turned our heads to look in front of us. 


"Uhh hey" Lisa awkwardly said while scratching her neck. Jennie on the other hand is just looking at us.

"Oh, Lisa." Chaeng said and went to Lisa, clinging onto her arms. Smiling from ear to ear which made Lisa also smile.

 

I just looked at them with a smile on my face. Oh, Chaeng. You really like her, huh. Suddenly, Jennie went beside me. 

"Hey." She said and looked at me. I just smiled which made her return my smile.

"Let's go." I heard Lisa said and grabbed Chaeng's hand. We also followed. But then, I felt Jennie tugging my uniform. 


"What's wrong?" I asked, giving her a confused face. She just pouted and gave her hand. 

 

"Hold my hand." She said, more like a whispher. I saw a little tint of pink on her cheeks but I just shrugged it off.

"Why?" I asked and started to walk. She catch up with me and hang her head low. Seeing this made me really confuse. What's wrong with her?

 

"I...I just want to f-feel your warmth." She said and look in front of us. I also looked in front of us and saw Chaeng and Lisa, holding hands while walking as they laugh tenderly.


I just sigh and held her hand which made her gasped a little. I didn't look at her and just focused in front. But I heard her giggle and sway our hands.

This action made me smile. I mean, look at her. It's like she's a kid holding her mother's hand. 

"Why didn't you replied to my message earlier?" She suddenly asked making me looked at her. I grabbed my phone inside my pocket and checked it.


From: Jennie

Hey Jisoo? Do you want to hang out with us after class?
11:45am

"Oh, I forgot. I was focused on our lectures earlier and also Chaeng and I were talking." I said and she just nodded. 


As we walk, I noticed Chaeng and Lisa were so busy flirting with each other and already forgotten about us. 


"They keep forgetting about us." Jennie said and sigh. I nodded and just let out a sigh. I don't know where we are going, we are just following Chaeng and Lisa. 


After a few minutes of walking, Chaeng and Lisa stopped making us stopped also. They turned around and saw us holding hands. I saw Chaeng smirked which made me rolled my eyes. We just started to walk like nothing happened.

 

"Oh, I didn't knew Jen likes to cling somebody. You never held hands with me." Lisa said as they waited for us to get near them. 


"That's because you're ugly." Jennie said and rolled her eyes which made Lisa scoffed.

 

"No, I think you're cute." Chaeng said and fixed Lisa's bangs. And Lisa just smiled like a fool. I pretend to throw up as I saw that scene. Making Chaeng roll her eyes.

I looked at my watch and it's near 7. I still have a project to finish. I sigh and looked at Chaeng and Lisa.


"Umm guys, I need to go now. I have to do something." I said and they just nodded. I looked at Jennie beside me and squeezed her hand lightly making her looked at me.


"I gotta go. I have a project to finish though." I explained which made her pout. Oh, she really loves to pout.


"Oh, okay. Umm so I also better get home now. I don't want to be a thirdwheel to them." She said and let out a small laugh. Her laugh, makes me smile. 

"Uhh hey? We're also here." I heard Lisa said making Jennie roll her eyes.
That sight made me laugh a little.


"We'll leave now." Jennie said and dragged me away from them. I looked behind me and saw Chaeng with a smile. Not a smirk nor grin just a smile. 

I also smile and waved my hand to her as Jennie still dragging me. After a few minutes of dragging, Jennie stopped and let go of my hand. She cough first before looking at me.

"So, umm. Bye" she said as she crossed her arms. I gave her a look and just shrugged.

"Oh, bye." I said and walk to where my apartment's direction. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I took it. It was a message from Jennie.

 

From: Jennie

Careful on your way back home. I missed your warmth already.
6:42pm

 

I looked behind me and Jennie was gone. She must be shy that's why she left already.

I didn't reply and just walk to my apartment. As I arrived to my apartment, I plopped down to my couch. 

I was about to sleep when I remember my project. Ugh. I stood up and changed first. I wore a sweater and a black leggings, I also wore my bunny socks. Then, I grabbed my bag and pulled out my books. 


As I flipped another page, I felt my stomach rumbled. I went to my fridge to look something to eat. But as I opened it, I let out a sigh. A jug filled with water came to my sight. Oh, great. I ran out of foods. 


I just grabbed a mug near the sink and filled it with water. I drank it and putted at the sink. I'll just buy groceries tomorrow. I went back to my living room and sat on the floor. I grabbed my book on the table and read it and write an essay on my notebook. I'll just write in on my notebook first before on the coupon bonds. 

 

An hour later, I finished my project and just laid on my couch. I looked at my watch and it read, 11:09 pm. I stretched and grabbed my phone.

 

Five unread messages

From: Jennie

You didn't reply :/
8:32pm

 

From: Jennie

Hey? Are you still there? Are you busy?
9:06pm

 

From: Jennie

Are you ignoring me? :(
9:40pm

 

From: Jennie

Jisoo, am I bothering you?
10:16pm


From: Jennie

Sorry for bothering you :)
10:53pm

 


I cursed as I read her messages. I quickly send her a message.

 

To: Jennie

Jennie, you're not a bother to me. I was just busy doing my proj. Forgive me for not replying to your messages :*
11:11pm

 

A couple of minutes, I still not recieved any reply from her. So, I sent her another message.

 

To: Jennie

I'm sorry for ignoring you. I didn't mean to, I was doing my proj earlier :(
11:14pm

 

I was waiting patiently to her reply. I held my forehead and let out a sigh. I stood up and went drink some water. 
I grabbed my mug earlier and filled it with water. As I drink it, a saw her reply. As I opened it, I spit out the water and cough loudly.

I almost dropped my phone as I saw her reply. I felt my face reddened really hard. I placed my mug on the sink and held my phone tighly. I can't believe this. She send me a picture of her!


Suddenly, she sent another message. I opened it and read it.

 

From: Jennie

OMYING! JISOO! IT IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS! I ACCIDENTALLY SEND THAT PHOTO TO YOU! !
11:18pm


I don't know what to reply so I just looked at my phone. My brain is not functioning well. I slapped my face to know if ai was just dreaming but I'm not. But wait, she said that she accidentally send it to me. So it means, she was sending it to another person. That thought made me frown in disgust. 

 

I felt another vibrate and looked at my phone. Another message from Jennie.

 

From: Jennie

Jisoo, I know you're disgusted rn. But let me explain, please.
11:23pm

 

I don't know what to feel right now. I was not that disgusted. It just made me a little uncomfortable. Jennie looks like a cold person but she was warm. I also thought she was innocent when we hang out. Yes, we just hang out like two times but as I we hang out she was shy and sweet. 

 

But seeing her picture made a little uncomfortable. I mean, why would she have this kind of photo in her phone.

What if someone saw this on her phone? What if she accidentally send it to another person and that person was not a good person at all. He or she would send it to a group of people and backstabbed Jennie. 

 

As I think what would happen, I heard my phone rang. Jennie was calling.