๐—ง๐—ข๐—ข๐—ง๐—œ๐— ๐—˜๐—ง๐—ข๐—ข๐—ง๐—œ๐— ๐—˜๐—ง๐—ข๐—ข๐—ง๐—œ๐— ๐—˜.

๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜€. // ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜‚๐—น๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฒ.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ย 

๐ข ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž, ๐ฆ๐š๐ฒ๐›๐ž ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ

๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐›๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย 

ย 

I had a bad trait.

ย 

Whenever I was let down by something that I liked, I would stop liking that thing right in that moment regardless of how much I had been invested in it before.

ย 

I was obsessed with trains until the start of middle school, but because the production of a collector edition locomotive that I had been waiting a year for was canceled, that was the last time trains had ever been talked about in the house.

ย 

Mom said it was a bad trait to have, because no matter what things were bound to let us down in some way, and in the end we should have at least tried to see all the good times that weโ€™d had and we couldโ€™ve had in the future with it. But even though the toy company had launched more collector editions that I had to admit were better than the ones I wanted, I still couldnโ€™t find it in myself to buy them. It was like I had cut off the rope holding my obsession with trains in a snap. So I told Mom that if things didnโ€™t find it hard to let me down, then it shouldnโ€™t have been a problem if I didnโ€™t find it hard to let them go either.

ย 

That was why after I had waited for Irene Bae for over an hour and tried to reach her through her phoneโ€”god only knows how many times I had called herโ€”in vain, I finally decided that Iโ€™d had enough of her and went home with an empty stomach while trying not to mind the heaviness inside my chest.

ย 

-

ย 

Once I got home, I immediately seek solace in the comfort of my blanket and Pringles. At moments like this, I was grateful my parents were rarely ever home. Today wouldโ€™ve been worse if I had to deal with Momโ€™s nagging about why I was suddenly being a grouchy pants even though I had been โ€˜too fineโ€™ this morning when I told her she didnโ€™t need to prepare my lunch.

ย 

I wished it was that easy to shake off this weight on my chest though. It had been a long time since I last was let down by someone. I'd almost forgotten how exhausting it could be emotionally andโ€”eventuallyโ€”physically.

ย 

I didnโ€™t even know why I was this disappointed by her absence. She was just a random girlโ€”a very pretty random girlโ€”who I thought couldโ€™ve been an addition to my very short list of friends. It might be because she was the only one who had come this far, and was also the only one who had caught my eyes. I was still a weak lesbian in the end, and I blamed it on my raging hormones for making me not able to think properly. I had just known her and no matter how much she tried to tell me she really wanted to be friends with me, I shouldโ€™ve known better than to believe everything she told me right away. I shouldnโ€™t have gotten my hopes up and myself hurt.

ย 

I knew Mom was right. Things were bound to let us down. But why did I have to always be the one trying to look past the hurt and move on? It was understandable with inanimate objects, but with living, breathing, and thinking beings? If I had to forgive and forget, why couldnโ€™t they just try not to let me down in the first place? We wouldnโ€™t have had a problem if they hadnโ€™t said things they didnโ€™t mean and made plans they had no intention in doing, right?

ย 

And my irritated mood latched onto me as I watched the sun slowly being replaced from the windows of my bedroom with my sketchbook opened on my lap. The smooth velvety voice of Matthew Healy accompanied by the lo-fi music filled my bedroom with a pleasant v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter