๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป.

๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜€. // ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜‚๐—น๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฒ.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ย 

๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ

๐ฒ๐ž๐š๐ก ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ๐ค

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย 

ย 

You knew how high school had always been. Part of you would always hope things were different, but part of you was also greatly relieved by the clichรฉ because it helped you find your place. No matter how small that place was, at least you knew it was yours, and no matter what happened, within that bubble, you knew that you would always be safe. You didnโ€™t have to go out of your bubble to try to communicate with other people which was only going to exhaust you in the long run, and you certainly didnโ€™t have to exchange pleasantries and beat around the bush trying to hide your true intentionโ€ฆ which was to belong somewhere at last.

ย 

This place was yours, and nothing, and no one could take it away from you.

ย 

I had a place like that once. Until Irene Bae came and took it away from me.

ย 

She didnโ€™t even mind the fact that people literally swerved to not cross paths with me. She had stopped in front of me, blocking my way to the library, and smiled at me with that brilliant smile on her face, and clearly with everything else I didnโ€™t want to deal with throughout my high school years.

ย 

By then, I had heard a thing or two about her. Irene Bae, the girl everybody either wanted or wanted to be. Someone who was so famous and powerful people called her by her full name instead of her first or nickname like everyone else. A week into high school, and the basketball captain had already asked her out.

ย 

The same basketball captain who was dating the cheer captain prior to Irene Bae.

ย 

There were even rumors going around that she was dating a teacher. Some said she was going out with the schoolโ€™s rebel who was part of the cityโ€™s worst gang. Everybody always had something to gossip about Irene Bae. I felt pretty bad for her, mustโ€™ve not been nice to be surrounded by rumors and prejudices wherever you go.

ย 

And all the more reason why I didnโ€™t want to get involved with her in the first place.

ย 

โ€œExcuse me,โ€ I tried to get through her. But she was quite persistent.

ย 

โ€œHey, youโ€™re Seulgi, arenโ€™t you?โ€

ย 

And I almost lost my .

ย 

Irene Bae, the most well-known girl in the whole school, was talking to me, and she knew my name. I wasnโ€™t prepared to say goodbye to my life of quiet and peace.

ย 

โ€œUh, Iโ€™m sorry. That was rude of me. I didnโ€™t mean to jump on you like this, but Iโ€™m in a bit of a hurry,โ€ she said as if that was enough to explain why she suddenly needed me in particular and knew my name.

ย 

So I just kept quiet and stared at her in the hopes that she might get tired of whatever this game she was pulling on me or think I was deaf (I personally liked this option better).

ย 

โ€œI know you usually keep to yourself, and I promise Iโ€™ll leave you alone after this, but I really need your help now,โ€ she begged, looking at me with her best puppy dog eyes which had quite a different effect.

ย 

I didnโ€™t know puppy dog eyes was intended to make you want to kiss someone.

ย 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter