๐—ต๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฑ ๐—บ๐—ฒ.

๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜€. // ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜‚๐—น๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฒ.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ย 

๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ข๐ญ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐œ๐จ๐ฅ๐

๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข'๐ฆ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ง ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ

๐ข'๐ฆ ๐ก๐จ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ง๐š ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐š ๐œ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐ง ๐ฆ๐ž

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย 

ย 

I didnโ€™t talk to Irene Bae again until two months after that. The only sign that showed that incident happened was only the subtlest hint of a nod we shared when we passed by each other on the hall. Not like there werenโ€™t many times I ducked my head and pretended not to see her just to avoid doing it, but otherwise, it was almost like it never happened at all.

ย 

Part of me was happy because I knew being recognized by Irene Bae meant being recognized by more people that I couldnโ€™t bother to have. But another part of me was also a little bit disappointed. It was cool that she didnโ€™t want to be seen being acquainted with me in public, but the least she could do was pay me a visit on one of my favorite corners on the library when school was out, wasnโ€™t it? Not like it would be so hard for her to do considering I often found her in the library after school, playing on her phone, and leaving hurriedly after half an hour.

ย 

I should know my paths were going to cross with Irene Bae again. That she wouldnโ€™t be this easy to shake off and it was just a matter of time before she came to me for the second time.

ย 

-

ย 

Sitting on my favorite corner of the library for lunch, I pulled out my lunch box Mom had prepared. I didnโ€™t understand why people would rather sit on the schoolโ€™s cafeteria along with the noise having an intensity level worse than the cityโ€™s traffic on busy hours and bad air ventilation when they could sit on the air-conditioned library in comfort.

ย 

I was going to take a bite of my sandwich when Irene Bae suddenly plopped herself down on the chair across from mine. Putting my sandwich down, I raised an eyebrow at her in question. Thankfully, she understood.

ย 

โ€œWanna grab a bite somewhere else?โ€ she offered with a confident smile that clearly said she hadnโ€™t considered my refusal at all.

ย 

โ€œYouโ€™re not eating with your crew today?โ€

ย 

She shrugged. โ€œI feel like going out to eat with you today.โ€

ย 

Since I only stared at her skeptically in response, she groaned and dropped her head on her crossed hands on the table.

ย 

โ€œI know I havenโ€™t talked to you much lately, and it might sound like Iโ€™m using you whenever I please-โ€

ย 

I scoffed, but she continued, having the nerve to ignore me. โ€œBut Iโ€™ve really been thinking about what you said and what I knew about you for a long time and I decided you might like your small bubble better than to have me around you. I know Iโ€™m not exactly the mostโ€ฆ indiscernible person in this school.โ€

ย 

She left me speechless. More speechless than I usually was, at least. And here I thought she had been avoiding me because she didnโ€™t want to be seen hanging around some loser.

ย 

โ€œI thought you just didnโ€™t wanna be seen with me,โ€ I confessed.

ย 

Irene Bae scrunched her eyebrows and looked at me as if what I had just said was the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard.

ย 

โ€œWhy would I not wanna be seen with you?โ€ she wondered out loud.

ย 

I shrugged. โ€œBecause Iโ€™m a loser who doesnโ€™t have any friends?โ€

ย 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter