we were only centimeters apart.

centimeters apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

seulgi called herself truly lucky when joohyun replied with a yes from her proposal during the school play. if she had to be honest, she was really nervous even if she had predicted joohyun would say yes. there would still be a possibility that the older girl would say no. a reason might be: they're still young, joohyun might want to focus on studying first, or it's preassuring.

nonetheless seulgi was really really happy. her friends and peers congratulated her succesful proposal and of course her supportive parents(they lectured her on how to take care of joohyun before, during and after married after she told them about her proposal).

“okay seul, firstly as a kang you are obligated to give yourself and your body to joohyun if she ever needs you. a pretty lady like her needs to be kept in your possession! she's yours!”

her mom tells her. joohyun was just behind her laughing at seulgi who was given lessons on how to take care of joohyun. seulgi's parents were really close with her. joohyun could totally see how great their bond is.

 speaking of parents—joohyun's parents.

when they visited joohyun's home together, joohyun's mom, taeyeon, was excited. she was already listing the preparations for the wedding. even asking when she will have grandkids. seulgi scoffs and joohyun turns deep red,

“mom! we're not there yet!”

“but i can't help thinking how would my grandchildren look like, sweetie.”

“ugh mom-”

“did i just hear what i just heard?”

a deep, husky voice says. seulgi tenses when she heard the familiar voice of joohyun's dad, mr. bae jaehyuk. mr. jaehyuk just came back from the us for a month long vacation with his family. seulgi thought it was the wrong timing since she may have to face threats. joohyun notices seulgi's stiff posture and sighs thinking she would probably the only one to explain about her recent engagement with seulgi to her dad.

when joohyun had finished explaining to her dad, mr. jaehyuk had a big smile on his face. his footsteps got louder and louder; when seulgi looked up to see mr. jaehyuk, patting her shoulder a couple times, “i knew you would do it soon enough, tiger! i can't think of anyone else that she could spend the rest of her life with right now.”

as a kid, she knew mr. jaehyuk to be kind but he looks intimidating with a straight face on(just like joohyun). good thing she got on his good side. she still couldn't help but feel nervous since it's mr. bae jaehyuk! joohyun's dad!

“now, i'll give you some word of advice, tiger.” tiger. mr. jaehyuk had given that nickname to her when she first met him. he said she resembled a tiger. it was probably just out of pity since she was called a tiny, baby bear back then.

“just. don't. hurt. my. baby. daughter.”

“dad! don't threaten her!”

“of course not, bunbun!”

seulgi laughs awkwardly. mr. jaehyuk gave her a proud grin and thumbs up. returning a small and shaky thumbs up to joohyun's dad, she was pulled on the wrist by joohyun away from mr. jaehyuk. seulgi puffs out air. did she just stop breathing during the conversation with joohyun's dad?

“seul, don't die yet, please?”

seulgi shakes her had to waver herself from her  spaced out state. she saw joohyun pouting her lips in front of her, “p-please don't be like that or i'll literally die” seulgi confesses. she would melt if joohyun acts cute and only to her please.

joohyun giggles and wraps her small arms around the taller girl, “i wouldn't want you to die before the wedding kang seulgi. don't you want my last name to be changed to yours? don't you want to have kids with me?”

seulgi froze. the thoughts of her future with joohyun made her speechless. she couldn't really believe she was about the spend the rest of her life with bae joohyun.

“i guess you do.”

“of course i do!”

seulgi and joohyun spent more time teasing each other not even bothered by the eyes of joohyun's parents that were staring at both of them. jaehyuk smiles along with his wife. he circles an arm around taeyeon's waist, “weren't we like that during highschool?”

“you were really like seulgi over there. i even thought she was your daughter at some point but i remembered we only have one daughter.”

“or we could have another one”

“oh, shut up hyuk.”

 

꒰6 𝐂 𝐌 🥛

 

“hyun..” 

sun rays pierced through the glass door of the bedroom that lead to the balcony. the room they were settled in was bathed in gold. seulgi squints out the glass door and saw the rising sun greeting them—well only seulgi as joohyun was busy placing pecks on seulgi's neck. 

laying in the bed with joohyun on top, seulgi eventually flips them over, earning her spot as a top. seulgi sports a smug grin. she holds both joohyun's wrist down, “seulgi i am still sore from last night.” joohyun whines.

seulgi understood, after all she was done who was really excited that nig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter