tol.

centimeters apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

im realizing more readers like this book so i'll update this first then ;)

 

 



seulgi's adventure continues! in this part of her story surprising event happen! her life long question will finally be answered: am i taller now?

"and there."

seulgi who was standing by a wall finally separates herself from it and looks at her brother, seungjae. he had marked her height with a marker on the height measurement sticker on the wall. seulgi looks at the where the recent mark was and smiled proudly.

"you'll get taller than me soon, seul!"

seulgi stands tall almost to the same height as her brother. she did every possible thing to get taller: she drank milk, slept early, stretched and maintained a fit body. every once in a month she would measure her height on the designated wall where she had stuck the height measurement sticker.

it was all for a certain someone she had promised to. she made sure to keep that promise all while wondering if she did grow taller than the older girl. seulgi wanted to be taller so that she can finally tease the other girl as a payback for teasing her when they were kids.

it was it was all eight years ago when she was shorter than joohyun(she may still be shorter). 'small kid seulgi' she was called after joohyun left to study in america. during those days when she didn't have joohyun beside her she remained strong despite the bullying(teasing) she still experienced from her classmates and friends.

"will hyunnie be taller than me?"

seulgi asks while holding a small portrait of her and joohyun at their designated spot, the swing set at the local playground. both girls were holding hands while seulgi was holding up a finger heart and a goofy smile and joohyun having a loving one. she could definetly see their height difference which makes her cringe.

"wouldn't it be funny if joohyun was taller than you still?" seungjae gave a small laugh and looks at the photo seulgi was holding.

seulgi pouts and punched seungjae lightly on the arm, "no it won't be! it would be embarassing!"

seungjae rubs his arm and stuck out his tongue to seulgi, "pray that you would be taller seul!" he walks out seulgi's room with a peace sign then to a wave.

seulgi sat on her bed with a huff. she was still holding the framed photo in both hands. she examined joohyun's face and thought about how she would look like now.

joohyun had always been very pretty when she was young. she had goddess-like features and had a nice personality to go with it. her visuals came from genes as seulgi had seen it with her two eyes when she saw how good looking joohyun's parents were(not to offend her own family). present joohyun might even be gorgeous now. seulgi smiles as she began to imagine what joohyun would look like.

"when will i meet her again..?"

the questions that had remained in her mind always comes up everyday. joohyun was probably still in the states doing and studying the things she loves. the older girl was so smart she could have every job, little seulgi thought. seulgi planned on going to the states to find joohyun but her parents refrained her from doing so.

one time she planned on sneaking out to the airport but was snitched by her own brother who was the one who brought her to the airport. seungjae thought it was funny but it for seulgi it was not. she had dreams to plan on succeeding.

she had no way of communication with joohyun which was a bummer. little seulgi really wanted to call the older girl but during those years they were together she didn't get a chance to, maybe because she was too distracted by joohyun's everything and existence.

joohyun.

she might've even forgotten about the promise. the promise that of seulgi grows up taller than joohyun they would get married. seulgi stands optimistic when she think about it though negative thoughts would come and take over: joohyun falling in love with someone that's not her, joohyun not liking her, or joohyun just completely forgetting about her.

her amber orbs stares at the picture for another minute. her thumb ran across joohyun's face on the picture until she finally props it down on the bedside table.

a new school year has started and she wanted to rest before the first day of classes. she was now in her junior year, that meant she was almost graduating highschool which was great since she will be able to work and meet joohyun!

"i'll meet you soon, hyunnie.."

seulgi tucks herself in bed and drifted to sleep.

꒰2𝐂 𝐌 🥛

"seulgayyy!"

"oh my god byul-unnie! don't call me that!"

seulgi covers her reddened face due to embarassment caused by the fellow junior calling her nickname. moon byulyi, that was her real name. seulgi just calls her moonbyul. she had met moonbyul during middle school when joohyun was abroad already and they were basically stuck together now.

"aw, don't worry seulgay. everybody knows your gay and soft for the ladies." moonbyul hangs an arm around seulgi's neck, resting it on the taller girls shoulders making seulgi lean down a tad bit due to her tall height, "shut up!" seulgi shoves the older girl lightly away from her. seulgi dusts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter