smol.

centimeters apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

in this story, you'll be following little seulgi's adventure in trying to get taller as she grows up. first you have to know what kind of kid seulgi is like first. a small background check!

kang seulgi, she was born on february 10th and from a loving and simple family. her family is composed of her two parents(who are both women) and an older brother who she looks up to. she has a close relationship with her family especially with her brother.

she has a lot of past time activities. one of it is drawing which she really loves. she would rather have art supplies as gifts than anything else. just a short note, she would include pringles in those gifts. she also likes to dancing and singing or in general she likes music. her family had a musical background then it gets passed down to generations and then to her.

there are some things she doesn't like and vegetables are included there. however this one is what she really dislikes and would love to get rid of it.


her short height!


when seulgi was five years old she was always bullied because of her height. she was shorter than most girls in her primary school. her classmates would constantly pick on her.

she wasn't that affected by the bullying. she was just sad and furious about her height not growing.

she had always told her parents she wants a growth pill like those in the cartoons but her parents just think it was a cute action seulgi was doing and didn't bother to help her with the current problem she was having.

her older brother was taller than her along with his friends who were the ones bullying her. and he was just three years older than her--well, she guessed the older you the taller you get? her brother wasn't certainly this short when he was five! she wanted to be like him, big and strong like a tiger! meanwhile she was being called a bear for being cute and warm.

she was not gonna be cute or warm! she's gonna be tall and scary!

she kept on asking her parents to cast her a magic spell to get taller like they always do when she gets sick except tge spell is to get well, "you will grow up soon, sweetheart. it just takes time and puberty"

"what is pewberti?"

"you will know when you grow up."

whatever that.. pewberti was seulgi wanted to have it now!

those boys and girls need to learn their lessons not to mess with a kang who's gonna be a big and scary bear soon.

seulgi then approached the group of girl and guys that had always cornered her. now, she was cornering them. she looked up at them, trying to have a scary expression on her face until an unnie of hers, sunmi pinches both her cheeks, "aw, seulgiii, you're so cute and tinyy!"

"i'm not cute! n-nor tiny!"

"i think you are. stop denying it little sis." seulgi's older brother by one year, seungjae snickers and pats seulgi's head, ruffling her hair. seulgi puffs her cheeks and crosses her arms, upset.

she didn't win again. 10—0.

she walked to the nearest swings and sat on one of it. she holds her stuffed, brown bear in her arms that was holding a can of pringles. she kicks the dusty ground in disappointment. seulgi's brown hair hang in front of her face, "i wanna get taller."

one particular girl from seungjae's group took notice of seulgi. her charcoal orbs sighting the small frame. she had long raven hair tied up in a ponytail and sporting on a white and purple colored dress, "was that your little sister, jae?" she asks.

"ah, yeah, isn't she a cute fluff ball?"

"she aspires to be tall." one of seungjae's friend gave a small laugh, earning a light smack from seulgi's older brother, "hey! don't say that about my lil' sis!"

seungjae sighs and faces joohyun, "just a little note, irene. seulgi is really weak amd soft towards pretty girls."

"oh? i didn't know your five year old sister has already been thinking about what gender she prefers."

"apparently, she's got my mom's traits. always so soft towards the greatest species which are females."

the raven haired girl smiles and decides to approach seulgi. she thought it was cute for a five year old to complain about being short. now she was actually happy that she was tall. atleast taller than seulgi.

she was now in front of seulgi whose head was still hanging low. a hand was gripping on the chains of the swing and the other holding the stuffed bear. the girl frowns and pats seulgi's head, "hi, um, are you okay?"

then she heard small snores coming from the smaller girl. she is sleeping?

the raven haired girl giggles from the sight before her. a five year old girl, upset about her height, similar to a bear and sleep—hibernates like one is such a cutie. she could defintely find herself falling for a person like seulgi.

"hellloooo?" the girl holds seulgi's chin and lifts it up face to face towards hers. she examines the smaller girls face. monolid eyes gradually opening to reveal amber eyes staring into her own charcoal ones.

she separates herself from seulgi whose cheeks were pink from embarassment. the taller girl finds herself laughing softly, "my name is joohyun. you are seulgi right? seungjae's younger sister?" joohyun introduces herself.

seulgi nods and looked up at joohyun realizing she was taller than her. another one!

"why does my brothers friends have to be tall!?" seulgi complains with a pout and hugs her stuffed bear tightly, "seulgi, don't be so upset about it."

joohyun reassures and crouches down to seulgi's eye level, "you'll get taller in no time."

joohyun thinks seulgi was just so adorable. being all mad about a small thing like her height. seulgi kept on making her heart pound whenever she complains with such a cute face.

"okay.. i hope so.."

seulgi sulks and looks at joohyun who was hopping onto the swing next to hers, "joohyun-unnie, i really want to get taller."

joohyun bursts out a laugh and tried to contain herself since she saw the younger girl, eyes wide open and mouth gaping, "how could you laugh at my dreams?" seulgi sighs and turns away, "i thought pretty joohyun-unnie is nice!"

"but since you are re-really pretty. i'll make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter