Chapter 3

Our Love Can Only Grow

Longer chapter for y'all. The middle and ending part may not make sense though, my brain is fried from school and homework. Hope y'all enjoy :)


 

“Siyeon? I’m home and I brought chicken for dinner.”

“Finally, I thought I was going to starve to death.” Siyeon greeted Minji with a small kiss and took the chicken to put it on the dinner table.

“There’s something called cooking, maybe you’ve heard of it.”

“We both know how it would turn out if I ended up cooking, it’s the reason Bora never lets me near her kitchen.”

“Yes,” Minji sighed, “you’re right, we wouldn’t want the house to be burnt down.” Minji instantly thought of the time Siyeon had tried to cook and it ended with Bora and Minji having to put out the fire. The reason they only allow Siyeon to make instant ramen.

The scent of the delicious fried chicken is what brought Minji out of her thoughts of Siyeon’s terrible cooking accident. At the table, Siyeon was taking out the bucket of fried chicken and the kimchi fried rice.

Seeing and smelling the food made her drool a bit, it just looked so delicious. Plus, she had worked up an appetite after working all day. So, Minji walked towards the table, and sat across from started, digging straight into the chicken.

Siyeon started laughing at the sight of Minji eating her chicken, the chicken leg was upright and Minji was tilting her head to eat it. “Seems like you’re really enjoying the chicken.”

Minji, stopping at Siyeon’s comment, got embarrassed but also started laughing along. “Well, I get very enthusiastic about chicken, you already knew this.”

“I know that’s how you eat when you’re hungry, but it’s still funny to see you eat like that.” Siyeon kept chuckling which made Minji pout. That made Siyeon’s heart flutter at seeing that. Minji looked extremely cute when she pouted and that always made Siyeon forget everything and focus on Minji. Minji was the sun in Siyeon’s life, she loved how warm Minji had made her life become.

“Well, shall we continue on with our meal?” Siyeon said, smiling at Minji.

“We shall, the chicken will get cold if we don’t hurry.” With that, Minji again dove into the food, enjoying it very enthusiastically. She even started humming a happy little tune. Siyeon joined her too and ate a piece of chicken.

After dinner, they both cleaned up the table and threw away the remaining trash. When they finished, they went to the living room and sat on the couch. Seeing as they were together at the moment, Siyeon thought it would be a good time to have the conversation with Minji.

‘Well, it’s now or never, I need to get this over with,’ thought Siyeon.

“Hey Minji?” Minji hummed as a response for Siyeon to continue. “Can we talk? It’s about my parents.”

“Of course, but are you sure? I know you hate talking about them.” Minji looked at Siyeon, giving her a reassuring smile that she would support her, but her eyes held concern.

“Yes, I’m sure. I really need to get this off my chest and it will be difficult no matter how many years it’s been.”

“Alright, I’ll be listening then.” Minji sat up and looked at Siyeon, waiting patiently for her to start.

Even though she had been preparing to tell Minji all day, she still felt that she wasn’t ready to spill something like this to her wife. Not even goes through this, and those who do, are faced with the consequences of being abused; that being physical and psychological trauma.

Siyeon doesn’t consider her trauma to have a great affect on her life. Sure, she has trouble controlling her emotions, and she can get irritated and be aggressive at times, but that doesn’t affect her life completely. Siyeon has been seeing a therapist ever since she became an adult and it has helped her to be a better version of herself. Seeing a therapist hasn’t eliminated her problems completely, but they help her be able to control her emotions and ways to help her not be too aggressive. Plus, having Minji be there to support her every step of the way has helped her too.

“Well, you know that my parents kicked me out of the house when they found out I was gay.” Minji nodded.

“My parents weren’t…. they uhh weren’t the best and they… caused me a-a lot of harm.” It was difficult for Siyeon to speak properly without stuttering, she just didn’t know how to word this plus her voice started cracking. Remembering was bringing her pain and she was close to tearing up.

“Siyeon, if this is too hard for you, you can always stop.” Minji could see that Siyeon was having trouble speaking and it seemed she would start crying.

“No! I have to do this,” Siyeon sighed heavily, “You deserve to know, and it would also be better to get this off my chest.”

“Alright then, Singie,” Minji grabbed Siyeon’s hands and squeezed them a bit, she also gave her a soft smile.

‘Alright, just like a band-aid, tell her the bigger picture first then I’ll go into details. Hopefully that will make it easier.’

“My p-pa-parents, they neglected me and abused me!” That made Minji extremely shocked, she wasn’t really expecting Siyeon to tell her something like this.

Seeing that Minji hadn’t responded and had a shocked expression prompted her to continue. She felt the tears threaten to come out, and was closing up but Siyeon needed to continue.

“My dad was an alcoholic, he would always be drunk and abuse both my mom and me. After a while, my mom took out her stress by also abusing me. They abused me, because they weren’t planning on having me and I ruined their lives. When I got older, around 8 years old, they stopped giving me food and clothes. I had to find ways to eat and earn money to buy necessities.” Siyeon at this point was tearing up, there were tears falling down her cheeks, and it had been even harder to talk.

“They hated me so much, and I still don’t understand why! They cut me out of their lives, I was such a disappointment to them, yet my mother wants me to go to my father’s funeral. She wants to talk to me, but I don’t know why, I thought she would never want to see me again.”

Minji was just speechless, she hated knowing how cruel and abusive her parents. She was beyond angry at Siyeon’s parents, they didn’t deserve to have the title of parents. Minji was absolutely livid, but her anger washed away when she saw Siyeon’s state.

Siyeon was crying heavily and was shaking as well, Minji could hear the deep sobs coming from her wife. Quickly, Minji brought Siyeon closer, embracing her in a warm and comforting hug. She rubbed Siyeon’s back and let her cry as much as she needed, throwing in some comforting words here and there.

Minji didn’t know how many minutes had passed, but after a while, Siyeon’s sobs started growing quiet. Slowly, she lifted Siyeon’s face, making her look at her.

“Siyeon, I love you, and you were very brave telling me about your experiences. There are many people who live their life, holding all that within and yet here you are, telling me your past. I promise I am and will always be here for you, and you didn’t deserve any of what you received growing up.”

“I know, but it still gets me down sometimes. They really weren’t the best ing parents. ed me up pretty bad, but at least I have you.”

“Are you actually going to the funeral? You know you don’t have to go if you don’t want to.”

“I hated my parents, and I still do. They gave me the worst childhood, but I am interested in what my mother has to say. Probably nothing good, but I want to go.”

“Would you want me to accompany you, or would you like to go alone, though I’d rather you also bring me.”

“I was going to ask you to come, I don’t think I would be able to handle it without you. I might not be able to control my emotions if you aren’t there and it may make things even worse. Plus, you might learn more about where I grew up, I’ll even show you the best parts of Daegu.”

“Sounds good, I’ll be there for you the whole time we’re there and we’ll leave immediately if things get ugly,” Minji was just trying to make sure Siyeon was safe and okay with going. She didn’t like the idea of Siyeon going to the funeral of a father who abused and neglected their child and, also having to talk with her mother after all the things she did to Siyeon. Even though she would be there to help Siyeon keep her emotions in check, she didn’t know if she would be able to control herself.

Even though the main event and reason to go to Daegu was the funeral, it would still be nice to see Siyeon’s hometown. Minji had never been to Daegu before, so it would be nice to visit, “Getting to see and learn about Daegu will be amazing, especially with a beautiful guide like you,” Minji giving Siyeon a flirty smile.

That comment had made Siyeon blush heavily, turning her whole face bright red. “S-stop, you’re making me fall for you even more, it actually sounds like the comments you’d tell me before we were dating.”

“Well, my flirting towards you is never going to stop and you should know this by now. After, you are my amazing and beautiful wife, how can I not flirt with you.” Minji loved making Siyeon blush, she thought that it was extremely cute and adorable how red she’d turn.

Siyeon started pouting, she was just so embarrassed at being caught off guard and turning a bright shade of red. This in turn made Minji die from Siyeon’s cuteness, how can someone be this cute?

“If you’re done flirting for now, maybe you’d like to cuddle a bit, I’m cold and a bit tired.” Siyeon yawned out the last part, showing Minji just how tired she was.

“Of course I’m going to cuddle with you, I love cuddling you, it feels like I’m holding a baby.”

“Hey!” Siyeon started pouting again, “I am not a baby, I am a whole woman.”

“Well, the way you’re acting right now makes it seem like you’re a baby.” Right as Minji finished saying the last word, she had received a pillow to the face.

With that first pillow thrown, it had started a small pillow fight between the two. Helping them forget for a moment about the troubles the future held.