Chapter 2

Our Love Can Only Grow

 Short chapter, but I'll hopefully update sooner and with a better chapter. 

Trigger warning? Homophobia,  past abuse, alcohol. Not detailed though and just this chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~

Siyeon woke up with a headache, not the worst she’s had but still a pretty bad headache. Thinking about why she had drunk last night that caused her head to hurt made it even worse.

She had recently gotten a letter that just made her blood boil but had also caused her sadness. She got a letter from her mother, the person that had cut ties with her because she was disappointed and ashamed of her daughter. Her mother, who had caused Siyeon to spiral into great sadness and become depressed. The very same mother who abused her for finding out that her daughter was homoual.

She had sent Siyeon a letter, not to apologize for everything she had done to Siyeon, but to give her the news of her father’s death.

Siyeon’s father had died.

It was still hard to process even though she read the letter yesterday. Her father wasn’t that much of a better person from her mother, Siyeon might’ve even said he was worse.

Her father liked to ger drunk almost every night and would abuse both Siyeon and her mother, but he always targeted Siyeon more. He also always smelled like alcohol and Siyeon hated that smell with a passion. It was why Siyeon hated the idea of drinking more than a can or glass or to purposely get drunk for fun. Siyeon didn’t like the way alcohol would change someone’s behavior and state of thinking.

Apparently, her father died of liver problems from too much drinking. The alcohol finally got to his livers and killed him off. Siyeon didn’t even feel one bit sad. Why would she? Yeah, he was her father, but he never acted like it.

Her parents only ever gave her the minimum growing up and were abusive, physically and mentally. As soon as Siyeon entered middle school, they stopped feeding her and buying her clothes. She had to find ways to earn money or ways to be able to at least eat every day.

That letter had reminded her of all the bad memories she had growing up, too many emotions were brought up too quickly and the only way she could think of getting rid of them at the moment was drowning herself with alcohol. It didn’t help her at all, it made it worse. Siyeon should have realized that it will never be a good way to cope and will even make things more difficult. 

Even with both of them denying her existence, she still got that letter. Her mother asking her to come to the funeral and have a talk after, and even though she despised both she still wanted to go. They may have been terrible parents but if they didn’t kick her out, she wouldn’t have met Minji. She had to thank them for that at least. The only good thing that they gave her. 

Minji hadn't really known the full details of Siyeon's life growing up. All she knew was that Siyeon's parents hated her and had immediately kicked Siyeon out when they found out she was gay. Minji didn't know about the abuse. Siyeon had tried to tell her, but every time she tried she would break down and Minji wouldn't press her to tell. 

But, Minji had taken Siyeon to the bedroom last night. She probably saw her crying, most likely saw all the beer she had drank. Siyeon had to tell her, especially since shes going to bring Minji to the funeral. Siyeon can't handle going alone, she's gonna need some help. 

Siyeon is going to have to prepare for that conversation, she can't hide it forever. It was her childhood and the reason she is the person she is today. 

‘How did she even find out my address? Has she been stalking me? I hope not, and hopefully she doesn’t know I’m married to Minji or this talk will be very difficult.’

With that thought, Siyeon got up to get ready for work. She had some inspiration recently and wanted to work on some songs.