Chapter 1

Our Love Can Only Grow

Something felt off.

Everything looked normal, nothing out of place. Except for the fact that Siyeon wasn’t in bed with her. It confused Minji.

Minji looked around the room looking for her wife, wondering where she was at in the middle of the night. She got out of bed and put her bunny slippers on then walked to the door. As Minji opened the door, she heard a soft sob, barely able to hear it. That made her worry and she quickly got out and into the living room.

It was too dark to see but Minji was able to the silhouette of her wife sitting on the couch. She slowly walked closer, letting her eyes get used to the darkness of the living room. Surprisingly, Siyeon still hadn’t noticed that she was towards her.

Minji’s eyes finally were able to see a bit better and stopped once she was in front of Siyeon. Minji was extremely worried about her wife, as she could see that she was crying and had been drinking. There were empty beer cans and a half-finished bottle soju on the coffee table. She knew that Siyeon enjoyed drinking every once in a while, to relax but never drank more than a beer. So, seeing this many beer cans made her worry.

Minji crouched down to get a better look at Siyeon and got her attention by softly grabbing Siyeon’s hands. Siyeon looked up, finally noticing Minji’s presence.

Siyeon eyes were red and her cheeks were tear stained, it made Minji’s heart clench. It hurt not knowing what had caused her wife to be crying in the middle of the night. She lifted one hand to Siyeon’s face and wiped away a tear.

“I’m sorry Minji, did I wake you?” It was slurred and shaky but Minji was still able to clearly understand her.

“No, you didn’t baby, I had to use the bathroom and noticed you weren’t in bed, so I looked for you.” Minji lied, she had woken up because of Siyeon, not because of the crying but because Siyeon’s warmth was gone. She didn’t want to make Siyeon feel bad either.

“Come on baby, let’s go to bed so you can get some rest.” Minji wanted to ask a bunch of questions, but she knew she wouldn’t get answers if Siyeon was drunk.

With that, Minji helped Siyeon stand up and they both walked to their bedroom. Minji struggled a bit as she was practically carrying all of Siyeon’s weight. Finally, at the bed, Minji was able to drop Siyeon. With Siyeon on the bed, she tucked her in and made sure her wife was comfortable and wouldn’t wake up till the morning.

“Goodnight Singnie, I love you. Hopefully you have sweet dreams,” Minji softly whispered to her wife. She soon joined Siyeon and went to sleep as best as she could, but her mind was full of worry.

-----

The next day came, and Minji had woken up to the alarm. She was dazed at first, sleep still clouding her mind, but she remembered Siyeon was next to her and would not appreciate the unwelcomed morning call, so Minji quickly turned off the alarm. Thankfully, Siyeon hadn’t woken up from the alarm. It was 5 a.m., and Minji wanted Siyeon to get plenty of rest after finding her last night.

Even though Minji wished to stay aside her partner and make sure everything was fine, she knew she couldn’t. Minji had to get her day started and be a responsible owner and get her business open on time. Her macaron shop wouldn’t open by itself, she had employees but currently none of them had the keys to open of the shop.

As quietly as she could, Minji got out of bed and went to the bathroom to start her morning routine. Her routine didn’t last long, and she would usually finish in less than half an hour. Her makeup would take a while, so she needed to be quick.

Once she was done with everything, she quickly went to check on Siyeon and to leave some water and painkillers. Minji knew Siyeon would most likely wake up with a hangover. She then went and gave Siyeon a forehead kiss and just admired her sleeping form. Siyeon looked so peaceful and like a baby. Minji was glad to have fallen for Siyeon and that they were married, she couldn’t imagine her life to be different from this.

Minji then left her apartment and started walking towards the shop. It was a short walk, 10 minutes at the most, she didn’t need to use her car to get to work, plus it allowed her to look at the scenery around her. It was spring, so that meant that the cherry trees were in blossom right now and she loved to look at the petals fall in the morning on her way to work. It got her in a happy and relaxed mood and helped her work in a better mood. These trees were one of the reasons she enjoyed spring so much.

Minji finally arrived at her shop, it was small there was a lot of pink involved in the color palette. The shop had some French inspiration to it as not only did Minji sell macarons, she also sold other French pastries.

Minji checked the time on the phone as she opened the shop. It was 6:10 a.m., she still had time before the orders would be delivered, they should be arriving around 20 minutes. She normally would help 3 of her employees make the pastries before the shop would open, but 2 of them had left for vacation and it was too much work for her and the other employee. So Minji decided to just order the pastries for the mean time, she didn’t want to stress her employee and no one else knew how to make the pastries.

It was a lot of work to wake up every day, and Minji was currently looking for a couple of her workers to open in the morning. She had been wanting to go on vacation with Siyeon for a while but needed someone she could trust to open the shop. Most of those in the morning shift were new and Minji didn’t know them that well yet for them to be trusted.

Still, she should hurry up, she had been feeling a little under the weather lately and has been blaming it on the stress of dealing with her business. Both her and Siyeon need a little time off from work, they both hadn’t taken any time off for at least 2 years.

She’d have to talk that out with Siyeon when they had time, for now Minji had to worry about her business.