Fancam Culture

Keep Calm and Don't (Gay) Panic

Irene, a famous actress, recently opened her Twitter account. She didn’t expect to come across a fancam that will change her life.

 

 

 

 

 

@renebaebae:

Hi baetokkis! I finally opened a twitter account! I look forward to interacting more with everyone!

 

As soon as Irene, one of South Korea’s most famous actresses, opened her Twitter account, tons of fans started following her. She had been wanting long ago to create one but was afraid that she wouldn’t be able to maintain it. She had just finished filming her movie and the promo won’t start until 2 months from now so she finally decided to let that thought come to life.

 

She was feeling giddy with the number of likes and retweets. Seems like the fans always hoped for her to have a platform where she could share her thoughts and are ecstatic now that she has it.

 

But... she is also bewildered by the comments.

 

@irene_enthusiast:

@renebaebae queen!!! (fancam)

 

@luvrene:

@renebaebae omg! We love you! (fancam)

 

@bestgirlirene:

@renebaebae step on me! (fancam)

 

Seems like every comment has a fancam of different idols attached on it. Is it mandatory? She scrolls with amusement. The fancams kept coming which she kept ignoring. She isn’t really that big of a fan when it comes to music anyway. She hardly knows any idol aside from the ones she worked with.

 

So, over the next 2 weeks, those kind of videos are ignored and her life went on as usual.

 

Most days are spent lounging on her room playing games on her phone with a bit of work engagements in between. She keeps her fans updated and they reply with enthusiasm (and fancams).

 

Until... one day, out of curiosity, she finally decided to click one of it.

 

Only, she wasn’t prepared about what she’s about to see.

 

 

-

 

 

Cause I, I know how to make the devil cry~

Break 'em down, looking in my eyes

That’s what I'll do to you tonight~

 

On her screen, a girl with piercing monolid eyes, choppy bangs, and oh so wonderful abs is dancing fiercely while hitting those notes that are heaven to Irene’s ears.

 

I'm making you fall, I'm making you fall to your knees~

 

“Yes, make me fall!” Irene’s mind responded on its own. Suddenly, she’s got an urge to know who this girl is. It’s like she was charmed by a magic potion and now all she could think of was who that girl is and how can she meet her. She watched and watched fancams of her and stalked her fans’ profile until she knew a bucket of information about her.

 

Kang Seulgi

  • 21 years old
  • Leader of Red Velvet
  • Owner of a heavenly voice
  • Magnificent dancer
  • Adorable eye smile
  • Has killer abs
  • Has killer abs
  • Has killer abs

 

 

-

 

 

“Wendy!” Irene calls her manager after days of ‘research’.

 

“Oh, Irene? You don’t have any schedule. Why?” The manager asks with confusion.

 

“Didn’t some idol award show invite me to present an award???” Irene says as she rolls over on her bed.

 

“Yes, we rejected it.”

 

She hastily sat down and shouted, “WHY DID WE REJECT?!”

 

Her voice was too loud that Wendy had to distance her ear from her phone, “You always reject those type of engagements, Irene. So, naturally, we assumed.”

 

“Call them and tell them I’m accepting!”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Just do what I said!! And from now on, accept everything music related! Understand?”

 

“Huh?? Am I hearing you right?” Wendy looked at her phone to check if she’s talking to the right person. After all these years, Irene had always rejected those kinds of offers.

 

“Nike!” Irene shouts from the other end.

 

“Nike???”

 

“JUST DO IT.”

 

 

-

 

 

“Wendy, did you tell them to let me present the best female group award?” Irene walked and sat down in front of the mirror inside her dressing room.

 

Wendy nodded as she sat beside the actress, “They agreed.”

 

“Is my hair alright? Why does it look  messy?” She turned to look at her manager, who frowned upon her inquiry.

 

“Messy where?”

 

“Oh no! My dress is creased. Should I change?”

 

“Creased where??”

 

Irene paces back and forth making her manager dizzy.

 

“Wait! Wait! Why are you like this?!” Wendy raised a hand motioning for her to stop.

 

“What do you mean? Oh no! I’m sweating. Can anyone do a retouch again please?”

 

The manager sighed before placing her hands on both of the actress’ shoulder, “Irene! Your hair is not messy. I didn’t see a single crease in your dress and no, you are not sweating. Why are you like this?”

 

“K-Kang Seulgi,” Irene says with a blush on her face.

 

“Kang Seulgi?”

 

“Yes.”

 

 

 

 

“I l-like her.”

 

A long pause occurred shortly after her confession with Wendy taking so much time to process what just happened. This is the first time she has seen Irene like that and it’s all because of a crush! She was happy for her but at the same time found it amusing how she acts like a high school girl as Irene relays about her attraction.

 

“How do I woo her?” The actress looks at her with a pout on her face.

 

Wendy grinned at her, “Burger King.”

 

“Burger King??”

 

“HAVE IT YOUR WAY.”

 

 

-

 

“And the winner for the Best Female Group is...”

 

Irene opened the envelope p containing the winning group’s name. She smiled when she read the content. As expected.

 

It’s time.

 

She smiled at the camera, “Red Velvet!”

 

When Seulgi stood up to go to the stage, it’s like Irene’s whole world played in slow motion. She was the most attractive person she has ever seen even more so in person. The smile on the monolid girl’s face rivals the brightness of the sun. Her crescent eyes renders the moon unnoticeable. Her killer abs... It’s in front of her and within reach so she extended her hand. Just a few inch more and she will be able to touch it. Almost-

 

“Excuse me?”

 

Her eyes darted upward meeting the girl group member’s eyes bringing her out of her stupor, ”Oh yeah. Uhh. Congratulations!”

 

She abruptly straightened her palm to look like she was initiating a handshake instead to which the Red Velvet member took, “Thank you, Miss Irene.”

 

The way that she says Irene’s name is making her heart flutter so much. Her hands are so soft and fits Irene’s perfectly. Oh the things she’d do just to have that voice moan her name and those fingers inside h-

 

“Miss Irene?”

 

She was once again put out of her (lustful) bubble, “Y-yes?”

 

Seulgi smiled softly at her, “Aren’t you gonna let my hand go?”

 

Her eyes widened and she immediately let go, “Ah yes, sure sure.”

 

The girl group enthusiastically expresses their gratitude for receiving the award and Irene is left to look at Seulgi’s back with heart eyes. And when the singer said “I love you” to her fans, Irene softly hummed an “I love you too”. She’s also a fan after all.

 

And, hopefully, her future girlfriend next.

 

 

-

 

 

Kang Seulgi might be perfect in her fans’ eyes but she is clumsy as hell. A week after receiving the award, the said trophy is now on the ground, broken.

 

She was in front of the mirror and was styling her hair. When she raised her hands to tie it, her elbow bumped into the trophy that was displayed near where she’s standing thus resulting in this whole ordeal. She was devastated trying to fix the pieces back together. Surely, her members will kill her.

 

When she turned the trophy upside down, she noticed a number written on the bottom of the base of the it, “Oh? Why is there a number in this trophy?”

 

She thought for a minute until her brain conjured a reason that brought a grin to her face. She reached for her phone and called the number.

 

What luck she has.

 

 

-

 

 

Irene was sulking at home. She was giddy at her brilliant mind of writing her number on the trophy but maybe Seulgi didn’t get the hint. That or someone else kept the trophy. That or she just doesn’t want to talk to her. She hopes it’s not the latter.

 

She continued on living her sad life until, one day, her phone started to ring. Upon seeing an unknown number flashing on the screen, her hope started to rise. Could it be?

 

“HELLO!”

 

Seulgi flinched at the volume of the person she’s talking to, “Uhmm, is this the repair service for the trophy?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“This is why it’s attached to the trophy right? I happened to break it by accident.”

 

Irene was baffled by the query but opportunities should be grabbed whenever you can right?

 

“Oh yes! Yes! This is.”

 

“Okay. Hmm. Can you just go here in my apartment?”

 

“Yes, I’ll be there,” Irene kept jumping in glee after Seulgi hanged up. She ran to her bedroom to muffle her screams against her pillow.

 

 

-

 

 

As much as Irene wanted to be fashionable (she actually wanted to come in wearing a fancy dress), she has an image to upkeep and paparazzis to be careful of. She came in wearing an oversized hoodie with the hood covering her head, face mask, and glasses. But don’t be fooled because she surely have something under her sleeves (literally). Seulgi was hesitant to open the door because the get up looked suspicious.

 

When Irene finally made it inside Seulgi’s apartment, she took off the jacket and mask which startled the singer, “Oh, Miss Irene? You’re the one fixing the trophy?”

 

The actress didn’t get to answer at first as she basks in the appearance of homey Seulgi who is sporting an oversized shirt and cotton pants. Even with normal clothes, she thinks Seulgi’s breathtaking. She sports a blush, “Y-yes.”

 

Seulgi nodded at her, “Times are hard for actresses huh?”

 

“Eh?”

 

The actress choked on air before she responded, “...yes.” She is actually the highest paid actress of the year but she didn’t need to know that...yet.

 

“Do you want a snack?” Seulgi said with a small smile.

 

“Yes. You. You’re a snack,” The actress mumbled.

 

“Hm? What did you say?”

 

“Yes, please.”

 

 

-

 

 

They exchanged small talks before Seulgi left her with the broken trophy to take a shower.

 

Irene was done fixing it after a while. It seems like her talent for assembling ordered furnitures was of great help. As soon as she was done, she commenced her plan to seduce Seulgi.

 

She ed the top two buttons from her semi see-thru top and made her hair look a bit messy. She re-applied makeup on her face and perfume on her body.

 

She was ready.

 

 

 

Or not.

 

It all backfired when Seulgi emerged again in the living room wearing a crop top. Irene accidentally dropped the trophy causing it to be broken again. She hastily picked up the pieces trying to hide her red face.

 

Seulgi saw the pieces of the trophy in her hand, “Oh still not done? Sorry, I broke it real bad.” She pouted.

 

This caused butterflies to erupt in Irene’s stomach. The other girl is just so hot and cute at the same time, “It’s- it’s okay. It will be done soon.”

 

 

-

 

 

Irene was about to leave after she fixed the trophy but Seulgi insisted on her staying for dinner to eat the singer’s cooking. Actually, she was just praying hard to get. She did mention subtly that she was hungry and luckily, Seulgi took the hint.

 

She cooks very well Irene concluded as she takes another portion of the Sujebi that Seulgi made.

 

She’s pretty, sings well, dances well, even cooks well. What can’t Seulgi do?

 

Me... yet.

 

She hid her grin by drinking a glass of water.

 

During dinner, the conversation flowed smoothly between them leaving no awkward atmosphere. They started with common experiences they had in the entertainment industry before drifting to personal interests.

 

Despite having such a pretty face, Seulgi realized Irene is so much more than the definition of beauty. While Irene found out that Seulgi’s personality is so opposite of her image on stage. She’s a softie and she’s loving the contrast.

 

They enjoyed each other’s company so much that Seulgi asked Irene if she could stay a bit and watch a movie with her to which Irene can never disagree.

 

Halfway to the movie, Irene leaned her head on Seulgi’s shoulder. She tensed a bit while waiting for the younger’s reaction. Only when Seulgi placed her head on top of Irene’s did she relax. It was so comfortable like they are meant to entwine like this. So comfortable, in fact, that Irene fell asleep.

 

She woke up nearly an hour after with her head on Seulgi’s lap while the other is playing games on her phone.

 

Oh, what she’d do to wake up like this everyday.

 

She ogled for a bit more until Seulgi noticed she’s awake. She immediately sat up with a blush on her face, “I’m sorry.”

 

Seulgi smiled sweetly at her before she fixed Irene’s hair, “It’s okay. Do you have a car?”

 

Wh-why? Want me to give you one? Me a sugar mommy? Omg!

 

“Should I take you home?”

 

“YES! Take me!”

 

She coughed, “Take me home I mean.”

 

She coughed again.

 

Good thing she is an actress so she faked the calm look on her face when deep inside she just wanted to mentally smack her head on the wall, “Wait. No. I’ll just text my manager to fetch me. Didn’t wanna be a bother.”

 

“Let me take you,” Seulgi replied.

 

Irene blushed.

 

“Home. I mean.”

 

There was a fond look on her eyes and, God, Irene was so whipped she just found herself nodding automatically.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The night ended with a kiss on her cheek...

 

 

 

 

 

...and screams at Wendy’s ear as Irene relays the events over the phone.

 

 

-

 

 

Both girls found themselves hanging out more after that. Mostly in each other’s homes although they occasionally visit the Han River at midnight just to enjoy the company of each other.

 

Irene loved spending time with her.

 

It’s no longer a crush (or lust).

 

She was in deep.

 

Seulgi is such a sweet human bear. She takes so much care of her. She’s so pure too that makes Irene just want to protect her against the world.

 

Seulgi felt the same. She’s in as deep as Irene if not even deeper.

 

She looks cold but very warmhearted. She looks mature but is actually childish. However, Seulgi is disappointed with something.

 

“She can’t take a hint,” She complains to her members Joy and Yeri. She wanted to be her girlfriend already but Irene’s not picking up the hints even when Seulgi initiated.

 

“What should I do, guys?”

 

The two girls smirked at each other, “Happiness!”

 

“Huh? Uhmmm... Booyah?”

 

The other girls laughed at her, “Unnie, what are your first two lines in that song?”

 

A light bulb appeared in Seulgi’s head.

 

Sometimes, you got to be bold. Just rock the world!

 

 

-

 

 

Seulgi: The trophy is broken again. :(

Seulgi: Come over and fix it? :(

Irene: I’m don’t wanna. (Sends a selfie)

Seulgi: Really? (Sends a selfie)

Irene: Is a prank.

Irene: Be there in twenty. :)

 

The actress arrived promptly and is fixing the trophy in Seulgi’s room while Seulgi’s showering. Just as she was about to finish, Seulgi emerged from the bathroom wearing a bathrobe.

 

Shookt to the bones, Irene accidentally let go of the trophy which fell to the ground, broken into even more pieces.

 

She can’t be blamed. Who can still be sane after seeing the endless legs of Kang Seulgi?! She gulped and couldn’t bring herself to pick up the broken pieces on the floor.

 

Seulgi smirked at the reaction. She seductively made her way to Irene, “Irene, do you like me?”

 

She got on top of the bed before crawling to Irene. With each step, Irene moves backward until her back collided to the headboard.

 

“Aren’t you gonna say anything?”

 

“Y-you are very... uhm. uh... good at crawling.”

 

Seulgi giggled at the stuttering mess. “You aren’t being subtle, you know,” She loosens up the belt of her bathrobe, “Do you want to see this?”

 

Irene gulped. She’s too shocked to lie, “I- Uhhh. Y-yes, please!”

 

Seulgi smirked and let the bathrobe dropped.

 

Although she agreed, Irene immediately closed her eyes, too shocked, before opening a few seconds to peek.

 

“Hahahahahaha!” Seulgi was laughing at her.

 

She had clothes underneath the robe!

 

“Did you just say yes? Pfft. Hahahaha!”

 

Irene was too embarrased. She couldn’t refute the fact. She resorted to hide herself under the covers of Seulgi’s bed. She draped the blanket on her face.

 

“Irene,” Seulgi said as she moved closer to the other girl.

 

“...”

 

“Baby?” Seulgi smiled when she felt Irene waver.

 

“No, you are not gonna fool me again,” She can already imagine a pouting Irene underneath.

 

“I’m not fooling you,” Seulgi said as she pecked Irene’s lips over the blanket.

 

“W-what,” The actress lowered the blanket a little enough for only her eyes to be seen.

 

She saw Seulgi look at her so lovingly before the singer dipped down again to kiss her much longer though still over the blanket.

 

Seulgi pulled away and lowered the blanket even more until Irene’s whole face is in view.

 

“I love you,” Seulgi says as she leaned once more to kiss Irene without any barrier.

 

Irene reciprocated.

 

 

 

With enthusiasm. So much enthusiasm. ;)

 

 

-

 

 

The trophy never got fixed but who cares right?

 

Wrong?

 

[Best Female Group RV group chat]

Joy: Prepare for our wrath, Seulgi-unnie!!

Yeri: You will NOT be missed!

 

Right?

 

Wendy: Hey, Irene! You didn’t come home?! Don’t tell me?!

Irene: OMG! Wendy!!

Irene: We are together now!

Wendy: Wtf? Gurl? Really???!

Irene: Yes. I spent the night too omg!

Wendy: What! Omg

Wendy: How was it?!

Irene: KFC!

Wendy: KFC??

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Irene: Finger in’ good. ;)