Hyewon

Our Omega Hii-chan ❤
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyewon sipped her drink loudly, watching in mild amusement at the sight right across the room. Her eyes were transfixed to Eunbi, who was tapping her fingers repeatedly against the table. Her face showed no emotion, but Hyewon had known Eunbi long enough to know that the older woman was furious. She had never seen someone so calm yet so furious—Hyewon has to applaud her for that.

 

Eunbi was staring—or glaring—at the couple sitting near Hyewon’s table. Hyewon continued to watch them, sipping her drink with a little smile. It seemed like the more the couple interacts, the redder and brighter Eunbi’s eyes became. It was both sad and funny.

 

When the couple decided to make out, Hyewon finally decided it was code red and hastily made her way to Eunbi. She arrived just in time – Eunbi was just about to strangle them.

 

“Calm thy tiddies,” Hyewon joked, smiling as she forced Eunbi to sit again. “You don’t want to commit murder with all of these witnesses, do you?”

 

Eunbi growled at her, fangs extending.

 

Hyewon merely chuckled. “Unnie, do I always need to remind you that Wonyoung has grown up?”

 

“She’s always a baby,” Eunbi sulked. “My baby bunny.”

 

Hyewon shuddered. “Please get a girlfriend soon.”

 

Eunbi didn’t respond. A no, then.

 

Sighing to herself, Hyewon roused from her seat, walking toward the Quest board and randomly picked a bounty that would guarantee her Chaeyeon’s delicious dishes for a whole month. The barkeeper stamped the bounty and wished the Mage luck, to which she responded with a smirk.

 

She could feel she will have a great journey ahead.

 

 

The objective was to wipe out the bandits residing on the old mine of Embershard Town. The townspeople were unable to drive them off because they were magic wielders and had magic wolves as their pets. The Rune Knights didn’t even stand a chance against the elemental-breathing wolves.

 

But they were normal, magicless people, not a Mage like Hyewon.

 

She didn’t need to switch to Alpha mode to obliterate the bandits and banish the wolves to their realm. Her mastery of Tome of Beelzebub and Scroll of Beast Obedience did all the trick. Heck, she didn’t even need to use her magic to wipe them out.

 

The Mage raised her ax high, swiftly swinging it down to behead the bandit leader. Blood spurted everywhere, dirtying her clothes but it wasn’t a big deal. She could always buy new ones.

 

Summoning a ragged sack from her pocket-dimension, Hyewon sacked the bloody head and banished it again to the pocket-dimension after casting a preserving spell. Then, she simply walked outside the mine, not minding the corpses along her way.

 

Hyewon took a different route back to the town. A sudden urge to walk amidst the trees soared as the green, woody scent of the forest invaded her nose, calming her down immensely. She trekked leisurely on the uneven path, her eyes drinking in the relaxing green.

 

 It was until she reached the river when she saw a mill, Hyewon smelled something that enticed her even more—freshly baked goods, and an alluring scent of sweet vanilla.

 

Hyewon closed her eyes, humming in pleasure as her chest breathed in the delicious scents deeply. Her body swayed forward, feet instinctively made their way to the source of the alluring smell. She would ask them kindly, she promised, as she strayed from the path, trampling over the dense grass so she could reach the mill faster.

 

There was no one in the mill, and the scent didn't come from it. Rather, it was coming from the small house across it.

 

She could see it: the loaves of bread! The maiden (who, she assumed, had been baking them) was putting the loaves of bread in a food container before putting them to the carriage. The mouthwate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter