A Mother And A Baby

Starlight, Starbright

Girl's Day - Twinkle Twinkle

Another surprise greeted you the minute you walked into your hospital room. Two new faces crowded around Sandeul's bed.

One boy was bouncing excitedly on your bed, hugging your pillow tightly. He had a thin build, and a pretty face that was topped off with straight black hair.

The other had a slightly larger structure. He wasn't making much noise, however, you noticed that he was silently fussing over Sandeul by carefully spooning the bland mashed potatoes into his mouth and indiscreetly fluffing his pillow.

Baro naturally positioned himself with the boys, and you could see that he easily blended in with the scene. What about me? Do I fit?  You held up an awkward hand with an even more awkward smile. "Hello."

Three pairs of eyes turned to you. Baro didn't bother, he sat there looking bored.

Sandeul's eyes shined. "HaeMi, you're back!" he squealed, welcoming you with open arms. "Guys, guys!" he faced his friends excitedly. "This is HaeMi, my roommate!"

"Isn't she adorable?" he smiled at you fondly. "She-"

CNU took the opportunity to shove a spoonful of potatoes in his open mouth.

Unable to speak, Sandeul pouted. "Urgeumph." He crossed his arms.

GongChan giggled and took over the talking. "I'm the youngest, GongChan!" he announced brightly. "Will you please smile for me?"

Your eyes widened and you looked away to hide your quickly reddening cheeks. "H-hi, GongChan-ssi," you murmured shyly.

"I'm Shinwoo," CNU smiled warmly. The sound of his voice, the look in his eyes, his mere presence seemed to induce calmness into the room. He instantly eased your frazzled nerves.

"Shinwoo-ssi," you repeated, smiling back. "You're all Sandeul's friends?" you asked conversationally.

"Best  friends," Baro corrected. It looked like he still wasn't too happy with the fact that you thought he was too crude a person to be associated with the pure and innocent Sandeul.

You nodded, "I see." You stood there, out of place, in the midst of the chaos.

Puzzled, GongChan tilted his head to the side. "Why are you just standing there?" he wanted to know.

"Channie, you're on her bed," Baro pointed out bluntly.

You had to smile at that. Channie, huh?

"No seriously," Baro turned to you with a raised eyebrow again. "What's so amusing?"

"Nothing." You looked down immediately.

CNU patted his knee gently. In a murmured tune, he reminded him, "You're scaring her."

Realizing his mistake, GongChan moved to sit on the foot of Sandeul's bed. "HaeMi," he grinned at you. "You're too pretty to be a patient. How can you be sick?" he wondered, tapping his chin lightly.

Your heart fluttered. Cute,  you squeezed your eyes shut, wanting to know if you can die from an overdose of aegyo. "I.. uh-" you scrambled to think of non-gibberish sentences.

Noticing your distress, CNU patted GongChan's knee now. In the same melodic voice, he told him, "You're overwhelming her."

You grinned at his motherly actions. He's such a warm person, you noted. "Thank you," you said gratefully. To GongChan you laughed, "Thank you too."

"Are you really a patient?" he insisted, not believing the obvious hospital gown that you were wearing.

"Mm," you nodded. "Don't worry, what I have isn't contagious or anything- Yaaaaaahh!" you squealed as the youngest swept you off your feet -literally- and gently settled you on the bed.


GongChan smiled at you, his eyes disappearing under his features. "Then we'll have to take care of you too."

You held your breath, forgetting how to breathe. Even the other members were a bit taken aback. Sandeul's jaw dropped open while Baro's eyes widened a little.

On the other hand, CNU remained calm. "Still overwhelming her," CNU reminded, in his gentle way of scolding.

"Am not!" GongChan argued childishly.

"You can't touch her so freely like that!" Sandeul interjected, pointing an accusing finger at his friend.

Baro played it off by poking Sandeul's food, but under his breath he muttered, "Annoying Channie.."

"I was just trying to help!" GongChan pouted, puffing his cheeks up cutely.

"She has legs!" Sandeul pointed out.

"Dumb ," GongChan grumbled, crossing his arms.

The room was suddenly filled with loud arguing and rather adorable bickering.

You giggled to yourself and watched them bicker, with happy eyes.
As long as they're here, it won't be so empty anymore.