I feel lost in this world

Above it all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina was sat down on a chair, legs crossed, and a cup of tea warming up her hands as she watched a movie of her DVD player. That one she hadn't see as many times as the others.
When it came to an end she got up, to do the dishes and take a bath before going to bed like any other day, or time, or whatever she liked to call it.
She can't even remember for how much time now she's trapped in there, in that immeasurable loop she lives in.
Going to bed, she changed to her pajamas quickly, trying not to plan anything for when she wakes and expecting to surprise herself.
Well, that day she would be more surprised than she could imagine.
She didn't know that yet but it was December 4th, 2019.

It was always night there.

What startled her at first was a voice, one that seemed like coming from downstairs and echoed in the hallway that leads to her room. Honestly, Mina had heard voices before but they ended up just being from her head. However, that one surely sounded real, almost tangible for a voice, even though its words were short, it was enough to wake Mina up and mark her memory already. So she got up, sliding her feet on her slippers to escape from the cold floor.
Her heart almost stopped when she peeked out of her room and there stood a woman, brown hair contrasting with the yellow light as she seemed to look around the place. When Mina noticed that the unusual individual was going away, taking two steps forward, she stepped out of the shadows to greet the intruder, actually surprised with her own bold action.
"Who are you?" Mina's eyes filled with tears with the idea of that not being a hallucination.
The other woman turned around and stepped back, scare showing on her face as she looked at Mina.
"I'm Sana" Her voice cracked in the middle, but Mina understood.
"How did you get here?" Mina asked with desperation clear and although her voice was always soft, she sounded very concerned.
"By car"
"No I mean... This is my house"

Sana's head tilted a bit.
"Sorry, I didn't know anyone lived here, my father gave me the house and" Sana was just saying things faster by then.
Mina looked confused at her.
"Do you know where you are?" Mina asked, honestly she was as confused as the other was so she just didn't know how to react because that never happened before and she's sure to not to let that woman go without answers.
"Sure?" Sana didn't understand anymore.
Mina looked down, finally letting two slides of tear stream on her cheeks. She only looked up seeing that Sana stepped back again and was about to go.
"I can come back later, but you should really leave the house-"
"Please don't go" Mina sounded broken and almost trying to hide it.
"You don't want me to go?..."
Sana was surprised but had that feeling that she had to do something and that whatever was happening in there would be very sensitive for the other woman.
"What's your name?"
Sana came closer, seeing that the other wouldn't do her any harm, she looked pale and scared but trying to show off a strong self although gazing down.
"I'm Minatozaki Sana" She came very close, enough to reach out her hand to the woman.
"Myoui Mina" She shook the other's hand reluctantly. Hand cold, that almost made Sana let go.

When Mina looked up again Sana could see clearly the tears that fell and the ones attempting to fall. She then noticed that the lights were odd again, lower in brightness and so she looked back to the wall that seemed marked by time again.
'Weird'
"So Mina, if you live here, why are all the windows closed? You should let the sun in a little." Sana said playfully, trying to get along in all that mess.
Then Mina had an idea, a surprising one, as a word that triggered a memory, so she passed through Sana and went downstairs with quickly steps, to find the front door unlocked and finally pull it fully open only to be greeted by the bright sun that caressed her skin with warmth. Mina fell to her knees finally breaking down in tears because after so many time, she didn't find the emptiness of the stars on her sight while looking outside.
Sana was concerned and scared. She had no idea of what was happening, but tried to maintain her calm to figure out how to solve that situation. She followed along and approached the other woman quietly from behind, resting a hand at Mina's back in an attempt to calm her down.
"Are you feeling any pain or?" Sana didn't understand why the girl suddenly cried.
Mina shook her head vigorously, hands covering her eyes as she cleaned her tears.
"Are you sure? Do you want me to call someone?"
It had been a while Mina didn't hear a real voice rather than her own, so Sana's sounded so soothing to her.
"No, it's okay" She said cleaning the rest of the tears that threatened to fall. Then Mina got up, with Sana's help she supported her back on the doorframe. Their hands touched again for a second and a chill ran down Mina's spine, it's been a while she had anyone so close.
To some point Mina knew that if she explained Sana that she was actually crying because it had been a long time she didn't feel the sunlight, the girl would stare at her weirdly and ask her questions. Questions that she didn't know how to answer.
"Sorry to ask but, why are you crying?" Sana's eyes stared in pure worry at her. Mina looked down, hair covering her pinkish cheeks reddened by her cries.
"It's nothing." She said in her usual quiet voice.
Sana's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, Mina looked at her lifting her head a bit, before looking away and walking inside the house again.
"I think I have some explanations to do" Sana said when the girl fully passed by her.
"As I said, my father bought the house; I have the papers, were you not informed?" Sana said as she follows the girl inside, noticing how old it all looked compared with what she was used to.
"But, it's my house" Mina said quickly. For as much as she is sick of the place.
"I know you were living here for what I could see-" For more strange that it was.
"But I don't think that there's much I can do" Sana said looking around.
'How was she living in here?'
She was dying to ask but noticed how the girl seemed sensitive.
Mina breathed sharply.
"Do you want me to bring you some water?"
"It's okay, I can get it myself"
Mina skipped to the kitchen as Sana followed her, still looking around, not forgetting the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter