[Act 1: Bond] - I wish you could see what I'm seeing

Above it all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In midst of a thought, she sinks deeply into her wonders. Head aching as times passes, laid-back feelings of loneliness. Throwback memories flash before her eyes, regarding emotions she cannot point out.
Mina was sat down, knees brought up to her chest, the cold floor against her feet gently as she hugs her legs seeking for any comfort, eyes boring into the darkness, lingering a glint that was fading in time. She often asks herself if there will be a day when it becomes easy just to stay still with her thoughts, or when the lights around her room start to turn off and coldness evades her soul as it fades and leaves her body.
But for now her room is bright. A deep shade of yellow. And for her it's the favorite place to sit, on the floor, even if it's cold, with her back arched, even if she hasn't a specific reason, but it is just relieving to look around and see how her things fit perfectly, the books, the bed sheets, the pictures on a mural and morbid paintings that seem to talk to her more than anyone ever did.
It's lonely. It always is.
When she gets up she's hungry, not for any specific type of food but for anything since her stomach is growling. The way to the kitchen is short, she goes downstairs without minding too much, it's a small kitchen but it's enough, there's just her anyways and sometimes she can get any food she wants when the mood strikes right and she feels funny to do so, when it's light enough for her to envision a future out of the morbidness of the state she lives in.
The lights of the living room embrace her body, an old light that flicked from time to time. She likes to read there, even though her room is brighter.
After a while, she gets sleepy, maybe because she thought for too long about things she couldn't do. And would never do again, she guessed.
So she goes to her room, because after all there she can get a view from the balcony besides going to sleep, again.
Mina pushes the clear curtains apart and can already see. She pushed the glass doors open and can already feel a chill running down her spine as the air around her thickens in an attempt to keep her warm along the cold breeze.
She can only see stars, thousands of them, millions of them, emanating light that could get her blind if she looks too much. It's the only light coming from the sky though because where she lives there's no sun and no moon, only the solitude of the fluctuating stars above her that can't be reached. It's a usual thought of her to think about when it will hurt less, to be all alone there, trapped in that place where time don't seem to pass or passes so fast she doesn't notice, the place where her dreams lies as dead as her hopes, where she's caged for long and can't seem to get free.
So Mina sighs, another time closing the curtains, turning her back to the pretty stars that seem everyday more ordinary filling up the spaces in the sky above the unusual place she lives in.
***
"Put yourself together Minatozaki" Sana mumbles to herself as she splashes water on her face. She can hear the rushed steps coming in the bathroom's direction where she stands and with every passing seconds, they grow louder, so she smiles to herself on the mirror, trying to prove that she can be as strong as she can think of. She fixes her posture and walks away, passing a group of girls that don't seem to mind her presence as they disappear inside the bathroom with voices loud enough that echoed in the hallway. She walks down the hall with a quick step and enters her class again looking much brighter, pushing aside her worries for when she gets home and thinking that it may be healthier to focus her attention to the subject in front of her that increases exponentially anytime she gives a look to the board where the teacher is writing.
"You ok?" A small girl pokes her arm from behind, whispering near her ear.
Sana does a thumbs up above her shoulder, not wanting to start a conversation right then. So the girl nods, although Sana can't see, the other had a curious expression on her face.
At least the class passes faster when she started dozing off thinking about the rest of her day. When the hour comes for her to leave she gets up without looking back, with quick steps in the direction of the entrance, mind quietly slipping into a deep thought as she walks by, hands clasped around a textbook.
"Hey Sana"
Her arm was pulled slightly, taking her breath away for the scare.
It's Chaeyoung, her friend, the same from earlier and the same she completely forgot for a minute.
"Are you free today?" The shorter girl had a sweet smile, her sharp voice making its contrast along the noise in the larger hallway.
"Not really, I'll be busy the whole day I think" Sana said, gazing the ground a bit but trying to match the smile of the other girl.
"Oh, alright"
"Going out with Tzuyu?" Sana asked, genuinely curious.
"Yes," Then Chaeyoung starts walking, making Sana turn and follow her to the entrance.
"With her and Momo, but I guess it will be just us today, to watch a movie since we have free time but the actual plan was to hang out with everybody. It's fine though"
Sana felt a bit guilt with that since they don't have a lot of free time but at the same time she knew she couldn't, besides, she isn't the only one getting busy that day.
As they reach the entrance to leave the building, Sana can already see Tzuyu from afar beside Momo. They were sat on a bench that covers the side road on the entrance of the building, Momo waving at them while Tzuyu looked at her phone.
"I'll catch up with you guys another time, have fun" Sana said smiling even more while she waved back.
"Okay then, bye" Chaeyoung slightly waved, almost dropping her art supplies. Then she walked away, making Sana turn to the other side where her car would be parked.
That day Sana wasn't going home. Well, somewhat, it was also her house, but not really her home. She was going to her parents' house actually, or her father's house as for now, to meet his new girlfriend for the second time that year, or as she likes to think, soon to be wife, since she has been in the same situation already and they all ended up the same, marriage and then divorce, every time a different amount of time. She has told her father all the times that she likes them but warned him to get married only when he truly loves his girlfriend. He usually pretends he doesn't listen and says that he loves them on his way. She just shrugs and respects his decisions.
That day Sana was the first to get there of them, only the butler and the other employees were in the mansion. She skip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter