The little things about you

Above it all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The end of the afternoon.

Sana suggested for them to rest and don't worry about it too much. She had made some food for her and Mina, so they sat by the TV room and enjoyed a meal while watching something. It was surprising to Sana all the things Mina had missed, from shows to music to technology, Sana wasn't an expert but she felt so excited to show the other all the things she liked and caught her attention that Mina had yet to know, to see that glow in her eyes.
Mina was delighted, overwhelmed by all she could see in front of her, she tried not too sound much excited but the smile on her lips and the little noises she made clearly showed how much engaged she was in the smart TV in Sana's apartment and The Avengers movies she was seeing.
On the other side, Sana also smiled but a bit thoughtful, about if Mina would be okay to accept all she lost the last few years.
There was also a thing passing Sana's mind, that she simply thought of bringing on in the moment when the credits of the movie started rolling.
"So, what do you think about it?" Sana asked.
"It's so good. I really like action movies, thank you for showing me this one." Mina said excitedly.
"Me too, they're good." Sana said.
"It was good to take my mind a bit of the other things. I honestly have no idea what is happening but thank you for going with me today." Mina said, more like mumbled.
"Yeah, honestly Mina, I thought about it a lot that maybe it wasn't the best idea to go there because you could be too sensitive about it you know..."
"It was better than nothing anyway." Mina said, mind revolving to the few things they found.
"And Sana... Right now I can't do much but one day I will repay you, I promise."
"I'm sure you will, but don't sweat about it, I always wanted a roommate you know" Sana said with a bright smile. She felt this thing when she talks with Mina, that she could be sincere and authentic and be comfortable about it and Mina felt that she could tell everything to Sana that the woman would be understanding with her so by then, there were going very well with each other but still with a certain level of formality.
"Really? I'm your roommate now? I never had a roommate before" Mina said with a bright smile.
"Neither did I but I guess we could make it work"
"Right" Mina looked around. The idea of the place being her new home excited her a lot but it also made her remember her old home and the place she came from.
"One day I could take you to visit my world." She suddenly said.
"Can I go there?" Sana asked curious, even more excited with the idea.
"Yes, a person actually just needs an ID to pass to the other side.. And that's why I can't go right now, since I have nothing"
"I see. And I was thinking that there is a way to fix that, I don't know though, I mean, it can be possible if you say that you lost all your documents"
"Oh, I know what you mean..."
"I'll search about it later and tell you but for now don't worry about it." Sana said.
"Okay"
"So, ready for another movie until dinner?"
"I am" Mina had a silly smile, meant to show how much she was appreciating that.
**********
Until a few days passed.
"Mina, what you think about these things?" Sana asked. They both were on Sana's room, sat in front of her laptop since she was teaching Mina how to use when Sana caught the other looking distractedly at her hands where the things they found on the house earlier were.
In general, between them it was okay since they both talked a lot along the days.
"I don't know yet." Mina said, setting down the things on the table beside the computer. Mina adjusted herself on the comfortable chair and then hugged her knees up to her chest. She had a small pout on her lips and with that Sana unconsciously smiled finding it cute but kind of saddening at the same time. She looked away to the objects and decided to pick up the polaroid picture, examining it closely since she didn't do it before.
"You look really happy in here." She said more to herself. Mina said nothing. She gave a look at it and just turned her attention to the laptop. She started typing.
"Is she your girlfriend perhaps?" Sana asked, she has to admit she thought about it after seeing the picture for the first time. In fact, she was exceptionally curious about it since first, she doesn't know a thing about that kind of information about Mina and she is indeed wondering about that and second, she feels kind of curious thinking about the woman already having someone like that in her life, or if she did before all of that happened or if something happened.
Sana avoided Mina's eyes that almost looked invasive looking at her when she stopped typing, trying to figure out the meaning of the question.
"I don't really know. I probably met her in 2009 since I don't remember what happened the whole year" Mina said, also looking at the picture.
'That means it could be. Since she didn't deny' Sana thought, then putting the picture back on the table to look at what Mina was doing. Some thoughts rushed to her mind with that.
"I told about you to a friend of mine" Sana said, Mina looked at her with concern.
"Not like, everything but, when we met I told her that I took this woman to spend some time at my house that I found out it was living at my new house" Sana explained better, trying not to break into nervous smiles too much with the confused look Mina had.
"I told this to just one of my friends but I thought about telling the others if it's okay to you. You should meet them since you're going to be around, they're really nice." Sana said but not really sure, by then she knew the woman is shy. Mina nodded slowly but the other could tell already that she was struggling internally with that and like that Sana decided to drop the subject to discuss later.
The following hours they engaged in a pleasant conversation, Mina trying to understand the things Sana was showing her on the laptop while the other tried her best to recall everything that Mina missed with the time lapse, nonetheless both enjoying everything with feelings of joy.

There was a moment though that made Sana wonder a bit, a moment when she left the room just to grab a couple cups of tea for them. She was already thinking what to say when walking back and entering the dark hallway ahead, what subject to bring when she walked through it focused at the little light coming from inside the room. Her steps were quiet, she looked down to both cups in her hands in though, the steam leaving the cups dissipating in thin air, her bare feet lightly against the cold floor. But arriving there all her thoughts suddenly faded, she lifted her head and saw the sight of the other girl warmly engaged in a game they found online, the lights were low since she decided to turn off some of them, a distinct one illuminate Mina graciously and suddenly Sana found herself standing there thinking of anything but the word beautiful looking at her.
Sana gave a step back, her heart suddenly fastening on a quick beat.
It was hard to look away but she did, releasing a heavy breath, but she failed to push her thoughts in the search of a meaning for that. Her heart was aching and right then she was confused, out of breath. Maybe she's just imagining things, she wondered.
'Maybe I'm sick or something' Her back was almost touching the opposite wall to the room when she gave another step back.
"Sana?" Mina's voice filled her ears through the blackness of the hallway. Sana was with her back pressed at the opposite wall by then and looking down again before her eyes shot up to meet Mina's eyes.
"What are you doing there in the dark?" Mina came closer, a smile taking Sana's worries away.
"Nothing, just thinking but nothing important" Sana lied, a thing she didn't know she would ever do to the woman.
Mina kind of suspected something.
"I found another game for us come on" Mina then said, seeing a short of heavy atmosphere starting to set. Sana smiled a bit, following the other inside the room.
Sana put both cups she was holding on the desk before grabbing a blanket for Mina as the other sat down in front of the laptop and Sana put the blanket on her shoulders, the woman responded with a thanks and a smile before Sana sat down by her side putting another blanket on her own shoulders and let it fall on her arms, grabbing the cup of tea and enjoying the moment as much as she could.
When they got to sleep it was dangerously close from the birds to chirp to welcome a new morning, Sana was with her eyes almost closing, head rested on Mina's shoulders as the other leaned her head on hers, Mina was the one to get up first but Sana, if it depended on her, she could stay there forever.
*************
"Mina, I'm going to college today." Sana said, or better, yelled from the living room couch, expecting the message to arrive at Mina's room. It was successful and a few seconds later Mina came to meet her, she had woke up some minutes ago and was looking, well, like a person looks like when they wake up.
"Okay" She said with a small yawn. Sana was looking down to her phone. A lot of things were spread on the coffee table near her, papers and pens all unorganized.
"Did you eat breakfast?" Mina asked, sensing the answer would be negative for the looks of it since the other seemed busy.
"No" Sana said, finally letting go of her phone to gather the papers. Mina didn't know what to say. She knows Sana for almost two week and was living with the other for a week and a half now and that was the first time Sana was going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter