There's something about you that made me stay

Above it all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is so confusing, to feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. Mina knows it.

Maybe Sana's warm smile made her feel like that.
The streets still looked unfamiliar, but Sana was glad she was getting back to her home, less concerned than before but certainly with more questions. Honestly, she felt relief, that the other was right there by her side, reachable and then certain sequences of worries stopped playing in her head or more over, were replaced by some new ones.
"I just remembered I had a thing"
Sana said in realization, until then she spent some minutes talking with Mina about the allegedly other world, mostly of how things work over there and the differences from what she is used to. At that moment, Sana quickly called her father and tried to explain that she couldn't meet him that day, apologizing.
Mina heard the whole talk since Sana put in the speaker not to risk driving with her phone in hands. She looked away to the outside being obscured by the foggy window of the car.
"Can we go to my place and I order something?" Sana asked after ending the call, giving a quick look at Mina, her last meal was lunch and that was a while ago.
"Okay" Mina agreed, she is feeling weak for having to wander through the town alone the whole day without rest and without any money in her pockets, she could also use a good shower.
"You can spend the night there again by the way." Sana said, speeding the car.
Mina did think the woman was being too nice to her.
"Thank you" She said almost warmly, finally letting her brain take a rest, and that made Sana very happy because Mina looked like a lost puppy that had just found shelter.
The night had fallen to seal their fate, the noises around them ceasing as they passed along the way.
Sana became silent and thoughtful about the other, so focused on the street and on her wonders.
After some minutes they were back to Sana's apartment, where she tossed her things somewhere and dialed her takeout.
Mina had sat on the living room couch to wait, nothing knowing anything else to do. When Sana came along, she saw that look on Mina's eyes, of concern.
"What did you do all day? If you don't mind me asking" Sana said with the softest voice, sensing the girl had something to say. Mina was just, a mystery, a riddle, one Sana was willing to read over and over again.
"It's okay. I remembered a childhood friend and where her parents worked, it isn't far from here so I got there"
"Ohhh, and what happened? It's okay if you don't want to talk about it too" Sana tried not to sound much indelicate but that was all she could think about.
"I-I don't know, she didn't recognize me at all, like we had never met"
Sana hummed, letting it sink in her mind.
"And that is weird, right?" She said.
"Yes, a lot. Then I just walked to the place you found me"
"You walked to there?!"
"Yes, it took me all day"
"All day? It's pretty far. You didn't stop or eat anything?"
"No"
"Oh God, I hope the food gets here soon"
Mina giggled a bit.
"No, it's okay"
Sana smiled to her, a small smile about how Mina wanted to be strong but looked so fragile.
Mina was a bit bothered, her mood was awful and to say the least she wanted to curl up into a ball and hide. But it was different when she was talking and Sana was listening, the woman seemed so focused to every word Mina let out that it made her a bit embarrassed but in a good sense for the attention. And Sana had that smile, that always seemed to appear in a unexplainable timing, one Mina quickly classified as to make her comfortable.
"And if you want to you can take a shower, the food will take some minutes, since you walked all day, you can borrow some more clothes" Sana said enthusiastic.
"Okay and thank you for the clothes by the way"
"It's alright. I have ones I didn't even wear"
They both giggled with that as Sana got up and led Mina to her room to choose some sets of clothes for her. After that, Mina went to shower as Sana waited for the food to arrive.
In fact, Sana sighed when she sat alone on the living room again. She was overwhelmed with the things she learned that day and about Mina's presence in her life once again.
She looked at the hallway in silence, just listening the sound of the shower that echoed through.
'Was it a good idea to bring her here?'
Sana smiled a bit, thinking how her friends would react about it, she already knows Chaeyoung's reaction but the others aren't as fearless as her. But the thought of letting Mina alone out there was more concerning than anything someone would say.
It took a couple of minutes for her order to come. She got up from the couch with a refreshed spirit, finding a genuine smile in herself again. Sometimes she thinks that she would go crazy if she doesn't smile, if she doesn't cheer herself up.
The droplets of water streaming down, Mina was looking to her feet, the streams of hot water passing, her head heavy, she was thinking if it would be much of a trouble to have someone like Sana to help her, someone she just met and doesn't know if she can trust.
It is a waste anyways, to keep thinking about it since she is already there and for now has nothing to do, no way to react since she can see she just met a wonderful person that said that would help her and took her in besides being scared. Mina can even remember of a distant memory of her friend Nayeon saying that she should take some risks sometimes, and she felt with a sting in her heart that it was all in the past, her tears started to fall, getting mixed with the hot water that touched her cheeks, the memories she can recall are a part of a lifetime of regrets.
When she steps on the hallway the floor is cold, she feels a bit better but her mind is in a haze and all she can think is Sana.
"Hello?"
She calls a bit to herself, not seeing the woman on the living room anymore. Just when a noise on the kitchen calls her attention that she figured that, the order must have come when she was showering.
Sana sees her from afar, coming lazily to the kitchen, holding her hands together as in nervousness, fidgeting. Setting herself on a chair near her after getting the plates done.
The whole meal they were silent, Mina seemed highly engrossed on her food so Sana didn't want to interrupt, the other must have been starving and in her own world inside her head.
Sana sees how cold Mina's eyes are sometimes, sad and dull to the things around her, she was quiet, like she wanted to pretend she wasn't there.
When they sat the plates down to wash, Sana hummed, following the sounds of the plates clicking together. Mina looked at her wondering.
"I'll put these in the dish washer and then, can we talk a bit?" Sana asked, a tune trying to light up the mood, trying to sound like they were going to have a normal conversation.
Mina nodded, after all that was all she could give to the other, the least of answers she can think of.
Sana's apartment was cozy. Mina could hear the noises of the plates getting each step fainter. She got on the living room, away from the couch, sat on a chair by the fireplace the other had light up to warm the room, she looked around curious now noticing that she didn't know a lot about Sana, they had met for two days now so it wasn't surprising, the things that decorated around the place weren't much but they left a mark of Sana's personally in the room.
The other came in no time, sitting on a chair near her, warming up her hands suddenly.
"I'm feeling sorry for having to do this but I hope you understand that I want to know more about you, you don't have to tell me everything though" Sana said, she was a bit nervous as well, somehow Mina's presence was a whole act for her, intimidating but at the same time she knew the woman was kind.
"I want to answer your questions." Mina sincerely said.
"Okay... What were you doing alone in the house yesterday?"
Was the first thing Sana asked, of all things she had passing through her mind, she chose the moment they met.
Mina tried not to be uneased by that, it could sound like a simple question but it had the most complicated answer.
"I was inside there because I couldn't leave" She said, not minding the confused look on Sana's eyes that lighted up even more with the reflection of the creeping fire.
"Why?"
"I don't remember. But, I knew it was important. I know that I couldn't leave because every time I tried to open the door it wouldn't and every time I looked out of the window all that I saw was a world different from this one"
Sana really wanted to believe that the woman wasn't crazy.
"You see, I spent a long time there so I know that it was another world, one I couldn't go anywhere or do anything that wasn't in that house... I must be sounding crazy." Mina said worried.
"A little bit but go on, it's okay" Sana assured.
"I said before that there are other worlds right? I think I was stuck in that one, and time seemed like it didn't pass there... It was... Terrifying" Mina said, trying not to fill her eyes with tears.
"I noticed something weird when I was there." Sana said, since she did experience some strange things around that place.
"Really? And I don't know how you found me, or how you got there... "
"I don't know either. I saw that, it was like, things were different all of a sudden, like, a lamp was faint one moment and then it was bright

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter