Accept me if you wish

Above it all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Moreover, Mina had a plan clear in her head.

She was in front of a coffee shop, casting a shadow over the display, a place she certainly remembers well of her past. Looking around and seeing just a small amount of people, she entered, not expecting much since seemingly things could have changed, people could have changed and the little hope she has of finding someone she knows stumbles on a swirl of doubts as she pushes the heavy glass doors open, finding a warm environment welcoming her. Surprising, the inside of the place didn't change much for her, the wooden chairs across the tables, the white tiles covering the floor, the pictures on the walls, the menu displayed on a blackboard, the beautiful balcony decorated by dark flowers, the bookshelves filing the corners. To the outsiders it looked like a retro coffee shop. A few students here and there but it wasn't crowded as it had been back in the days.

Mina was standing near the door, not knowing exactly where to look or where to go to find the person that she's looking for. But when she took a step forward in order to go to any table and don't look strangely standing there, a hand tapped her shoulder and she looked quickly at her right side.

"Can I help you?" A woman with a bright smile, the purest Mina has ever seen asks her. It seemed like she had just entered the place as well, she was wearing a heavy coat trying to beat the cold outside. Mina almost malfunction, she could recognize that smile anytime, her legs almost trembled in a feeling she can only describe as nervousness.

"Hello?" The woman asked noticing the gaze she was receiving from the stranger.

Mina just stared for a few seconds before matching a smile, her hopes up to the ceiling.

The woman looked in about her mid-thirties, dark hair, dark eyes, plump cheeks and heart shaped lips that formed the most precious bunny smile.

"Can I help you with something Miss...?"

That was when Mina realized, she was sure Nayeon would recognize her even after all this time, after all, they spent a lot together but her heart weakened the flame that hope ignited, Nayeon was right by her side but looking clueless to her.

"My name's Mina" She gave it a shot just to try. At least she had memories of Nayeon, mostly of them hanging out and she felt that she once had a connection to the woman, one that now seemed a mere vision of her dreams.

"Mina, do you want to have a seat? Sorry but you're blocking the way" Nayeon said.

Mina wanted to cry.

"Sorry. I'll be going now" Mina reacted quickly. She looked down holding her tears, the woman seemed really clueless of who she is.

"Oh, you don't have to, I'm Im Nayeon, the owner" The woman said showing her charisma and standing her hand. Mina looked away, stepping back and grabbing the door handle.

"Sorry but I think I got in the wrong place"

Nayeon said something again but she didn't hear because like that Mina left, letting a few tears stream on her cheeks after that. It was a shock for her to see a friend and her not saying anything that gave a clue that they had met, it wasn't expected but now she thinks it has to do with her being in that place she was trapped for a long time. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe not.

Nayeon was one of her best friends in the past.

'What's going on? I didn't know it would be like this'

Earlier she was glad to figure out where she was in the town, even after her mind being all messed up. She realized that she could walk for half an hour to find the place she spent so much time with Nayeon, it was the coffee shop owned by the older girl's parents at the time but now she sees that even that changed. She wondered about what happened to Nayeon's parents after all this time.

All the other people Mina knew at the time came to her mind, she didn't have many friends. Now she just doesn't know what to do. Honestly, Mina is scared if she had to take great measures to find a way to get back information about her life or what happened, now she's sure it isn't going to be easy.

Also, earlier walking on the streets she learned what year they were, she simply didn't ask Sana before, and then later realized that almost ten years had passed from the last good memory she had. Maybe Nayeon simply forgot because it's been a while. No, that wouldn't be possible. Maybe she was just messing with her. But she wouldn't be so cruel. Mina kept walking, without any direction precisely, just walking and thinking about what will be her next step, time is passing, the sun is fully up now and her stomach is grumbling, too bad she doesn't have any money with her.

So she sighs, hands locked together as she tries not to cry while walking forward down the street.

Honestly, she has one more familiar place to go, one she normally wouldn't approach alone back in the days but she was known enough there to ask a few things around. She just hopes someone can help her.

**********

Sana understands to some point. She figured that if their places were switched she wouldn't stay for too long even if a kind stranger took her in. The part she doesn't understand is that bothersome feeling she had when she thought about where the other could be. Like, Mina could be in danger. She didn't look that well when Sana found her, and a woman being alone in the streets isn't that okay, so she can't take her out of her mind.

For the moment, she can't do a thing, or she can't think about a way rather than calling someone to help her to find Mina but that would be too crazy and reckless since she only knows the woman for a day. She can't do that since she's on her way to college, roaming those silent streets as the radio of her car blasts a song she doesn't care to know.

Maybe Mina is just one of those mysterious encounters that happens suddenly in life that she will remember from time to time.

It somehow affects her mood, and it was clearly noticed by Chaeyoung that Sana isn't in her fine bubbly state when she enters the hallways they always met that morning. Rather she is serious, almost looking tired. But Sana is actually thoughtful, trying to stay away from wonders about the person she met yesterday.

"You alright?"

It's been like this between them the past few years, constantly asking about the state of mind of the other when something seems to bother them.

"Yes but, I have something to tell you later"

Sana can't figure why she didn't call Chaeyoung of all people to tell her that, but she makes an attempt of guessing that she was just busy.

When Chaeyoung was about to protest, she was interrupted by a happily smiling Dahyun wrapping her arm around Sana's shoulders.

"Good morning"

She then said, breaking completely the expectant mood.

"Good morning" Sana smiled, after all seeing her friends always makes her feel better, even more, she can already see that Momo and Tzuyu were approaching in the distance. She usually forgets her problems when she's with all of them together.

"So, what are you guys gonna do this vacation?" Dahyun asked.

"Probably sleep, like, a lot." Chaeyoung said with a sigh of relief.

"I don't know yet" Sana said.

"And you guys, what are you gonna do with your free time?"

Momo and Tzuyu had just joined them.

"Eat" Momo said briefly.

"I have no plans." Tzuyu said.

Dahyun suddenly rushed because her teacher had passed by them.

"I have to go bye." She said waving away.

Then they turned their attention back to the talk.

"What about today, who's going to hang out?" Chaeyoung asked to them, expecting at least one positive answer since she has nothing better to do.

"Can't, I have a meeting" Sana was the first to say, she had yet another meeting to attend that her father requested.

"We can go out with you." Momo said and Tzuyu nodded.

"Okay then, see you guys at night, now I have to go bye" Chaeyoung said since she saw a classmate she had some things to solve pass by them so she hurried.

The others tried to catch up but went apart when the time to go to class got near, parting ways to their respective agendas.

That day in college didn't had many unusual things, just her thoughts leading her to some theories.

In the end, Sana was about to walk down the hall to go to her car, she had to go home and take a good shower before going to meet her father yet again.

"Hey Sana wait" It was Chaeyoung again, that seemed that just got out of class.

"I heard that I don't have my last class today." Said the younger when she approached.

"Free time then? And the others?"

"All in class, except Tzu that went home already"

"Right, I was going home as well, want a ride or will wait?"

"I choose the ride thank you"

So Sana smiled and nodded, to keep walking to the exit.

"Nothing with Dahyun today right? Why don't you call her to go out with you and the girls?"

"I kinda lost the opportunity already so no, and today she's going out with her parents, her mother is in town"

In fact, Chaeyoung was growing really close to Dahyun and Sana kept teasing her about it, after all Dahyun is one of the cutest person Sana had ever met, so she pushed Chaeyoung a bit about the recently discovered crush and also Dahyun is getting quite fond of the group.

They walked side by side until reaching the car, talking about those things.

"Hey, didn't you have something to tell me?"

The sentence ended with the sound of Chaeyoung's door closing and Sana stopped her movements of starting the car.

"Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter