03: “Do you still sing?”

Best Illusionist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is an incredibly short chapter to my usual standards. Actually, it’s a lot longer, but I cut it odd because the scenes happen at different times and it’d have been messy. This part and the next will be divided; I had decided. Don’t worry, this means the next chapter will be uploaded much sooner!

Tell Me What You Think Down In The Comment Section ;D

       

“Can I sing? Can I express myself to you in that away again? No, I can’t. Not when it makes you cry.”

 

-

 

“You guys are together.”

It’s this sentence from Suho that causes her to snap her head towards him with a fierce glare from where she has been roasting globs of s’mores for a very eager Chanyeol. She doesn’t have to ask him who he’s pairing her with to know exactly what he’s insinuating. Whatnot with his smug face.

“What!” She exclaims, shooting up from the ground after throwing her stick away; Chanyeol whining in the background. “I made my tent with my own hands!” She really hasn’t, it’s Sehun who did but he doesn’t need to know that.

“And so did I!” Baekhyun exclaims as well, placing his pretty, thin hands on his lean hips, glaring at her in offense. It looks like he knows what Suho meant, too. Then, he huffs snobbishly and stares at Suho instead. “I don’t want to share with her anyway.”

There’s a tent shortage, according to Suho, which is not a surprise from the boy’s side. You give him something to plan and said plan comes in tatters, exactly like a short number of tents. How does he salvage face after this? He shoves two enemies together in a single tent and shoots ridiculous excuses to aid his solution. He’s a great planner like that. 

“We’re one tent short in here, so help me out,” he begins, rolling his eyes. “Where do you propose we leave one of you to sleep?”

“He can sleep outside with the mosquitoes just fine.” Soyeon bites out, now copying Baekhyun’s movement with placing her hands on her hips; hers coming out a whole lot sassier.

“Soyeon’s a swimming champion,” Baekhyun bites back, “She can sleep in a lake while staying afloat.”

Soyeon gasps, offended and very much traumatized. He knows she’s a terrified little mouse scared of water and he suggested exactly what makes her tremble. She squints her eyes at him and she swears his eyes are twinkling, a fair drizzle of sun-like rays that makes his chocolate iris seem honey in the light of his amusement. He’s one beautiful specimen but he’s just as equally awful.

“I’m not going to leave one of you out of the tents, es,” Suho says this like he’s the glorified champion of God or something, looking incredibly smug to the point it’s borderline annoying. The two enemies shoot him unamused stares. “You guys hate each other enough to know you won’t do anything frisky alone. I trust that both of you would take the farther side of the tent to sleep, too.” Then, he beams. “That makes me feel secure!”

Soyeon’s body is bubbling with a sort of emotions that feel like a rattle of windows in a house on a horribly windy day. The boys, precisely Suho, might not be aware of it, though. Actually, they are not aware of it for sure. They don’t know what’s going on between the two of them. They don’t know how the two actually look at each other under their demeanor. They’re heavily oblivious of what she feels regarding him, too. Her bones feel like liquid soil; her heart a mushed fruit; her body trembling like a plucked flower, and her soul; her soul yearning for something he can only provide. She’s pretty good in running away from that, and now Suho wants her to face it off without armor so easily like that?

“Suho Hyung has a tent alone!” Sehun’s suddenly exclaiming, obviously tattling the older boy.

Baekhyun gasps; the boys gasp, and Soyeon blinks out of her inner monologue. She focuses on what they’re doing — expressing such raw surprise and astonishment it’s a little funny — and recalls what she hears. Then, she snaps towards a very guilty-looking Suho with a glare.

“Suho, how dare you!”

“Hyung, I’d bunk with you,” Baekhyun interrupts whatever Suho’s about to say to her, “We can share. Leave the only girl to take her own tent.”

She stares at him in, dare she say, surprise. It’s totally an un-Baekhyun thing to subject himself to the torture of bunking with Suho of all people just so she can have a place of her own. That’s.. gentlemen-ly of him.

“That’s oddly gentlemen-ly of you, Baekhyun,” Suho says exactly what's on her mind while narrowing his eyes at the younger. Baekhyun’s looking a little red, cute pink flares coating his cheeks. “But that’s not going to happen. It had been agreed upon that the one responsible for paying the rent, the food, and the tents, should be qualified to have a tent of his own. I even brought mine specifically from home. It has my name — and only my name — on it. There’s no way I’m sharing it or giving it up to anyone.”

“But I’m a small, weak, vulnerable girl by myself,” she fake-pouts, knowing that such claims would thaw the ice in Suho’s heart whether she believed the statement or not. “You can’t leave me out with the big bad wolf by myself, can you?”

“Oh, shush,” Suho tittered, walking towards her as if she needs his volume closer to her. “You guys are overreacting. I’d have given you a tent with someone else if Baekhyun hadn’t been the only one I trust with you.”

Almost immediately everyone winces at the indirect insult. Soyeon likes to believe that Suho’s a big fat liar. He’s giving her to shark Baekhyun’s teeth because he knows they have a distinct negative emotion towards one another, and he has a kink of seeing them show it off publicly.

“Why wouldn’t you trust me?” Kyungsoo flares his nose at the older, eyes squinted. “I’m the most reliable and responsible person here, even more than Baekhyun,” his face is blank and smoldered with nothingness, but his eyes are mildly bright. He turns his head to Soyeon, “I was even told I resemble a teddy bear. Imagine cuddling with that.”

“Okay, Woah, is this how you show your responsibility?” Suho blinks disapprovingly, while Baekhyun snickers. Kyungsoo smirks in amusement, glad he’s become a source of entertainment and crosses his arms on his defined chest. Soyeon blinks at them with an agape mouth, feeling like she’s the only one going through such an issue while everyone else is just making fun of her.

“If there’s anyone who’s a teddy bear, it’s definitely moi.” Chanyeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter