— 4 —

Our Secret Love Song

Song Mingi:

 

It was Valentine’s day and I had gotten no sign from Y or who he was. Everyone was nervous when asking their crush to be their Valentine’s, but relieved when they said yes, heartbroken when they said no.

Everyone had a Valentine’s in my group except me and Yunho, which helped my suspicions. Yunho said he was waiting to ask this mysterious person. I couldn’t help, but stare when he stood up and disappeared when the bell rang for Lunch.

“Where’s he going?” I asked and Hongjoong glanced at the door lazily before collecting his stuff.

“Going to ask his crush to be his Valentine’s.” He stated and everyone walked out of the door, leaving me staring after them in shock. Then Yunho wasn’t Y? I sighed as I walked out the door and headed to my locker. Once I arrived, I tugged it open and inside was a red letter. I unfolded it.

 

Dear Mingi,

This is the day I finally reveal to you who I am! There is six clues for you, one of your friends at each clue. I’ll be waiting at the end. Oh, and Mingi ... I love you.

Love, Your Cheesy Dancer Admirer.

 

My lips pulled up. I turned the piece of paper and on the back was Y's neat scrawl across the page.

 

I was early on my first day of school. When I walked into this room, I saw you for the first time and instantly fell head over heels for you. You were sitting with your friends and I was sitting with mine. We seemed so close, but yet you were so far. What room am I talking about?

 

With knitted eyebrows, I thought back to the first day of school. I had been early and had went to the ... cafeteria! I smiled, frown smoothening out and I shut my locker, running to the cafeteria, flinging the door open. Everyone’s head turned towards me, but I ignored them and glanced around. Jongho was leaning against the wall and I ran to him, skidding to a stop. He smiled slightly and handed me an orange piece of paper. I ripped it open.

 

Dear Mingi,

Congrats for figuring out the first clue and you’re now one step closer to finding out who I am.

Love, Your Cheesy Dancer Admirer, Y

 

“He really loves you, Mingi.” Jongho told me and I glanced up, giving him a tight smile because I was dying to know who Y was. “Treasure him, okay?” He asked and I nodded. Whoever he was, Jongho seemed to like him.

“I will.” I promised. Jongho grinned.

“Go get him, Mingi-hyung." He said and saluted. I laughed as I darted out of the cafeteria, then stopped halfway through, turning to look at the message on the back; the next clue.

 

I first spoke to you in this room because you asked me for a pencil. I, sadly, didn’t have one and you looked so defeated. It was so cute, Mingi! This teacher doesn’t like you as much as others and the things we learn in it are foreign. What room am I talking about?

 

Room? Foreign? Hateful teacher? I grinned as my legs started to push me forward until I was out of breath and standing at the door of the language corridor. I was in front of the English door. We learnt a foreign language in this room and the teacher hates me. I pushed the door open to see Hongjoong standing, looking at me with a smile. He handed me a yellow piece of paper like the one I had left in my locker for Y.

 

Dear Mingi,

When you know who I am, I really don’t want you to be disappointed. Should I tell you that I’m scared when you find out? When you finally know? I hate that I feel so insecure, but knowing you and who you are, Mingi, I feel safe around you. I know that this time will be no different.

Love, Your Cheesy Dancer Admirer, YU

 

“Bye!” I shouted to Hongjoong before he could talk to me like Jongho did. Hongjoong shook his head and I could hear his laughter as I walked out of the classroom. I stopped, turning the yellow sheet over.

 

Some people speak through their drawings. This place gives them the ability to do that without interruption. What room am I talking about?

 

Chuckling, I began to run again, skidding to a stop in front of the art room, pushing the door open. It banged against the wall. Yeosang jumped and whipped towards me with a small squeak. I laughed and he glared at me.

“Take it, Juliette.” He muttered and I took the green letter he offered me.

 

Dear Mingi,

All I have to say is: I love you.

Love, Your Cheesy Dancer Admirer, YUN

 

I turned it over.

 

You can play drums here. Sing. Compose things. Play instruments and make up a cool beat. What room am I talking about?

 

“Bye, Yeosang.” I said and Yeosang snorted.

“Hurry up and go to him, lover boy.” He muttered and I rolled my eyes before I walked out of the art room and headed to the music room. I pushed the door open this time, so that the glass inside the window wouldn’t break. I smirked when I spotted Seonghwa, who laughed.

“Stop stalling and get your over here, Mingi.” He said and shoved a blue letter into my hand. I smiled as I flipped it open.

 

Dear Mingi,

I have nothing to say, so just turn the paper over and read the clue.

Love, Your Cheesy Dancer Admirer, YUNH

 

I laughed as I did what he had written me to do. Seonghwa snorted.

 

In my second letter I told you I liked doing this and wanted to make a career out of it. What room am I talking about?

 

“Dance, duh.” I muttered and Seonghwa smiled then pushed me out of the room.

“Then go to the dance room.” Seonghwa stated and I slapped his hand away, beginning to run down the corridor as Seonghwa swore at me. I turned a corner and barrelled into the dance studio. This time, San and Wooyoung were standing, talking. They looked at me and smiled, San's arm around Wooyoung’s waist.

“Valentine’s?” I asked and they nodded, handing me the purple letter. When I put them out in front of me, they made up the Pride Flag and I grinned because even in letters, there was a meaning to the colours too. I opened the very last clue.

 

Dear Mingi,

It’s finally over, I guess. I’ve been giving these letters to you in secret for a while now and I can’t believe you’re going to know who I am.

Love, Your Cheesy Dancer Admirer, YUNHO

 

“It’s actually him? Actually Yunho?” I asked, glancing up and San and Wooyoung looked at each other before smiling at me.

“Only one way to find out.” San said and I turned the purple piece of paper. The final clue.

 

It’s an amazing view up here, but yet it’s never going to be as beautiful as you. Where am I talking about?

 

It not a room and an amazing view. I hugged San and Wooyoung before running out of the classroom and stuffing the letters in my pocket. I barrelled up stair after stair until I was standing at the window where a tall figure was leaning against the railing. He had blue hair and light eyes. Just the way, I pictured him in my dreams. I opened to window and slipped outside, shivering slightly because of the cold and walked to Yunho, leaning against the railing next to him. The last clue lead to the rooftop.

“My family always told me to follow my dreams.” I whispered and Yunho looked at me, eyes forming into crescents as he smiled. “But, lately I’ve been dreaming about someone. A boy that loves to dance, has bright eyes and a beautiful smile. A boy with blue hair and a boy that leaves rainbow letters in my locker confessing his love. My family told me to follow my dreams. You’re my dreams, Yunho, so now I’m following you.” I told him and tucked a lock of blue hair behind his ear. He stared at me for a moment in wonder as I drifted closer. “Will you be my Valentine, Jeong Yunho?” He nodded, wordlessly and I connected our lips in a soft kiss. He smiled against me.

“I love you, Song Mingi.” Yunho whispered and I smiled.

“I love you too.”

 

Third Person:

 

Years and years passed until their hairs were grey. Seonghwa and Hongjoong got married a year after graduation, adopting a baby girl six months later. Jongho and Yeosang decided to wait and with the help of Jongho, Yeosang fixed the cracks in his family. His Eomma went to rehab, while his Appa supported him and his Eomma. They married two years after Seongjoong's wedding and a year and a half later, adopted their first baby — a young girl. Wooyoung and San loved each other fiercely and everyone envied their relationship. At least most of them. They got married of course, but decided to stick to raising a little kitten before they were ready to adopt a new human being into their family. Mingi and Yunho lived happily ever after since Yunho revealed his identity. When they found a pair of abandoned twins — one boy, one girl — at the park one day after their date, they went to the authorities. A couple of months later, they settled down with their two new children, marrying a couple of years later. Everyone was content and happy.

There were many hardships in each relationship, but they were all able to overcome those and in the end, they were happy and felt love. Because without love in the world, we’re all robots.