A Great Ending to a First Day

Wishing Upon the Stars

Jihoon flew into the cafeteria at lightning speed. He needed to find Hoshi and fast. He still could not believe what he had just witnessed and interfered with in the bathroom. He was mortified. That was not how he wanted to start his first lunch break.

 

He scanned the room, hoping to see his blabbermouth of a roommate with ease but it was useless. The room was crammed full of way too many people and Jihoon was too short to really see anything besides the backs of people. He prayed for help when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

 

“Woozi,” the voice said causing him to spin around. Choi Seungcheol, not who he wanted to see at all. “Are you okay?”

 

Jihoon’s eyes widened as he looked past Seungcheol to see the whole of SVT sitting down at his table. Vernon sat next to the Dino kid, chatting excitedly while The8 merely stared at them. Mingyu, luckily, was on his phone and didn’t realize he was there yet. Jeonghan, on the other hand, looked very invested in what Seungcheol was doing.

 

“Yah, Coups,” Jeonghan said from the table, causing the others to look at him. “Leave Wormy alone.” Seungcheol cocked his head as Jeonghan and Vernon began to laugh. A large smile graced over Jeonghan’s lips as he pointed at Jihoon. “That thing you’re talking to is named Wormy.”

 

Seungcheol scowled, putting an arm around Jihoon’s shoulder causing Jihoon to stiffen up. “Hannie, please be nice to him. His name is Woozi,” He scolded, causing a flash of anger to shoot across Jeonghan’s face.

 

Jeonghan jumped up out of his seat and raced over to Jihoon. He pushed Seungcheol away and scooped Jihoon up in a back hug, wishing a menacing, “Play along” in his ear. He started to sway the two of them back and forth. “I am being nice. Wormy and I are in English class together,” Jeonghan said in a sing-songy voice. “Right?” Jeonghan said, pinching Jihoon’s cheeks with way more force than necessary.

 

Jihoon forced a smile and nodded at Seungcheol. He glanced between the two before smiling. “Well, then that’s great! Do you want me to call you Wormy too?”

 

Jihoon urgently shook his head ‘no’, surprised at how easily Seungcheol was manipulated by Jeonghan. It was almost appalling really. Anyone in their right mind could see that Jihoon didn’t like the new nickname, but Jeonghan really had a way with Seungcheol. “Um,” Jihoon started awkwardly once Jeonghan released him from the evil back hug. “I’m going to go find my roommate now,” he said to the crowd that wasn’t even listening anymore. He watched as Jeonghan captivated all of Seungcheol’s attention, making Jihoon completely invisible. He sighed, feeling a little hurt by the whole interaction, and wandered off into the cafeteria, hoping to get far away from SVT.


 

“Woozi!” He heard his name being called as he neared the food lines. He glanced around and then froze, embarrassment rushing over his entire body. He could clearly see Hoshi standing on a table, waving dramatically at him. “Get over here short stuff!” He yelled, all eyes in the cafeteria gradually turning to watch him. Jihoon’s face went completely red as he watched Seungkwan join his roommate on the table and both dramatically pretend to pull him over. They truly didn’t have a care in the world as they obviously cheered his name.

 

Jihoon found himself glancing around the cafeteria to see that almost everyone had stopped eating and was now watching the scene with amusement. He was frozen, completely mortified at the scene. “Come on!” Hoshi sang into the air, Seungkwan following his lead. Jihoon slowly made his way over to the group, his face growing a darker shade of red. Part of him wished he could just turn around and run back to his room.

 

“Yah,” a stern voice said, piercing through Hoshi’s shouts. Jihoon turned around to see Jeonghan and Vernon standing behind him, disapproval gracing their faces. Both Hoshi and Seungkwan stopped dancing on the table and froze in place.

 

“You’re being loud when we’re all trying to eat. Stop for attention,” Jeonghan said aggressively, folding his arms over his chest. Hoshi’s face grew bright red as he bowed an apology while Seungkwan scoffed. Jihoon now really truly did wish he was back in his room.

 

Seungkwan jumped down off the table and made his way over to the older boy. “You,” he said sassily, “don’t have any right to tell us what to do. I can be loud,” he followed this statement with a shout. “If I want to be! Just because you’re in SVT doesn’t mean you own my behavior. It’s a cafeteria, just let me eat lunch with my friends,” Jihoon couldn’t believe his ears. Seungkwan was not only standing up to one of the most popular guys in school, but he was also doing it in front of everyone.

 

“What did you just say to me?” Jeonghan’s head cocked to the side as fury raged through his eyes.

 

“You heard me,” Seungkwan said, not backing down and trapping Jihoon in between the two.
 

“Wormy,” Jeonghan said, not breaking his eye contact from Seungkwan. “Tell this friend of yours to step back and watch his mouth.”

 

Seungkwan scoffed. “Did you just call Woozi ‘Wormy’? Are you serious right now?” Seungkwan cracked his knuckles, looking as though he was about to punch Jeonghan.

 

Vernon suddenly stepped forward, the smile that had been gracing his lips now gone completely. “Seungkwan, stop.” He said sternly, holding a hand up and placing it on his clenched fists. “Learn to walk away,”

 

Seungkwan stared at Vernon angrily. Vernon, however, didn’t even blink. He slowly pushed Seungkwan’s fists down until he unclenched them. Finally, Seungkwan sighed and turned around. “Whatever,” he murmured under his breath, walking back to his seat at the table.

 

Vernon then turned to the crowd of people watching. “Please, go back to your meals.” With that everyone in the room began to talk and eat again, acting as though there hadn't almost been a fight just 30 seconds earlier. Vernon walked back to Jeonghan and looked him in the eyes, his serious face still on. “Jeonghan, be glad Coups had to go to the bathroom and didn’t see this. That was seriously a new level of mean,”

 

“I wasn’t mean!” Jeonghan scoffed, he turned to Jihoon. “Was I mean Wormy?”

 

Jihoon felt his face get hot. He glanced around and noticed Hoshi and his friends watching intensely. “Um, I mean…” Jihoon stammered. He really didn’t want to get on Jeonghan’s bad side but he couldn’t not defend Seungkwan.

 

“Yah!” Jihoon felt his face drop. Mingyu finally decided to make an appearance. “What are you guys talking to this pipsqueak for?” He said, looking down at Jihoon from the bridge of his nose.

 

“His name is Wormy, and we were just telling him to tell his friends to stop being so annoying,” Jeonghan said meanly, pointing over at Hoshi. Jihoon watched Mingyu’s eyes scanning over the boys before landing on Wonwoo.

 

“Ah,” He sighed. “Well, I saw Wormy here do something interesting earlier,” Mingyu said, a devious smile gracing his lips. Jeonghan’s ear perked up as he turned to listen to the older boy. “He was in the bathroom with that boy over there,” Mingyu said, pointing at Wonwoo. “And they left at separate times. Both flustered and red. I wonder what they were doing in there?” Jihoon couldn’t believe his ears. Was Mingyu really implying that he was the one that was sleeping with Wonwoo? Mingyu snickered, placing a hand on Jihoon’s head. “Seems pretty naughty,”

 

“Oh wow, Wormy! You’re a player.” Jeonghan laughed, almost falling onto the ground. “And on your first day here?” He was laughing so hard that people started to stare.

 

“Wait, I didn’t do anything with him. Mingyu was-” Suddenly Mingyu’s hand was on his mouth, stopping Jihoon from finishing his sentence.

 

“I would never get with someone as poor as that scholarship trash over there,” Mingyu hissed, pointing at Wonwoo. Mingyu grabbed Jihoon’s collar and whipped him around to face him. He leaned down to get just an inch away from ear before whispering, “And if you ever try to tell anyone that I did, I’ll tell everyone that I saw you two leaving the bathroom. Who are they going to believe? Me? Or You?” He let go of Jihoon’s collar with a shove and turned back to Jeonghan and Vernon. “Come on, let’s get back to the table before Coups gets there.” The three boys immediately turned around and walked away.

 

Jihoon slumped over to the table where Hoshi and the others were, and slowly sat down. He could not believe that it was only his first day and he was already getting blackmailed by one of the most popular boys in school and he couldn’t even say anything about it. This must have been hell.

 

Hoshi threw an arm around him, immediately taking him into a side-hug. “Woozi, I’m so sorry we caused a scene! I really didn’t think anyone would care about us being loud!” He pulled him in tightly, not allowing Woozi to brush him off. “Seriously, I’ll clean the bathroom for the next month! I feel so bad,” He pouted.

 

“I feel bad too! I just get so angry at how SVT walks around here. They act like they own the place! I wish I was apart of that group so I could change that!” Seungkwan cried, stabbing his food with his fork and angrily shoving it into his mouth.

 

Jihoon sighed. “It’s okay guys. Really,” He looked between the two, trying his best to sound sincere. “I think I’m just going to go to my room and relax now. I’ve lost my appetite.” And that’s what he did. He went back to his room and laid in his bed until evening.

 

 

 

When 10 pm hit, he grabbed his green sweater, threw it on over his clothes, and started out towards the garden without saying a word to Hoshi.


 

 

In the garden area was Seungcheol, wearing casual clothes, sitting on the bench he has been at last night. He looked up at Jihoon with a bright smile on his face. “Ah, Woozi, I’m glad you’re here! I wasn’t sure you’d come,” He said, rubbing the back of his neck as he scooted over for Jihoon to sit down.

 

“So, what’d you want to talk about?” Jihoon said wearily. He had no idea why Seungcheol had invited him out here during class and was honestly really confused by it.

 

“This is a little embarrassing but,” Seungcheol sighed, “can we do homework together?”

 

Jihoon furrowed his eyebrows together. “You want to do homework together? You asked me to come out here, past curfew, for that?”

 

Seungcheol firmly nodded. “I know you’re new to the school, but I’m sure you’ve already noticed that I and the SVT members are treated, um, a little differently.” Jihoon nodded at this statement. “Yeah, well, because of that I can’t really have friends outside of the group. Just to keep that ‘idol’ type of atmosphere, ya know?” Jihoon shook his head ‘yes’ at this but in fact, did not know what that meant. If Seungcheol wanted to have friends outside SVT he should be allowed to. They weren’t actual idols. They were high school students.

 

Seungcheol’s eyes lit up at Jihoon's reassurance. “Well, I’m really bad at math. So if we do our homework together, maybe I’ll get better and also we can hang out!”

 

“Okay,” Jihoon started slowly. “But does it have to be always this late out here?” He looked around and shivered, pulling his arms around himself. “It’s kind of cold.”

 

Seungcheol smiled. “No silly, we can figure out a plan. Here, I’ll give you my number and we can text about it!” He grabbed Jihoon’s phone from beside him and quickly put in his number. “Just, don’t tell anyone okay?” Seungcheol stood up from the bench and started to walk away. “I gotta go now, text me soon!” And with that, he sprinted away.


Jihoon stared down at his phone at the freshly entered contact. “Seungcheollie, huh?” He read the name that was entered with a slight laugh. His first day sure was interesting.

 


Hi, sorry for the late chapter! Since school is starting for me, chapters will be a little slower. (Once a week now!!) 

I hope you all enjoyed this action-filled chapter~ It was fun to write!! 

As always, don't be afraid to leave feedback and be sure to subscribe and upvote for more!! 

Have a wonderful day/night!!!^.^