-7-

The Kings Bride
Jinhee woke up to her phone ringing loudly and she grunted as she rolled over and saw that Jongin was calling. She answered and the voice on the other end of the line wasn't the dead voice she was expecting.
 
"Good morning, Miss Lee. I am calling from Mister Kim Jongin's office, the car is downstairs waiting for you." With that the woman hung up and Jinhee looked at the time and saw that it was seven in the morning. She normally didn't wake up this early unless she had a shift and it took her a moment to remember that she was going to that charity event tonight. With a quick change she headed downstairs and sitting there waiting was a black car and the back door opened automatically. She muttered under her breathe about being possibly murdered but went against her judgment and got into the car.
 
The partition was up so she couldn't see the driver but she could hear him talking and he told her that they would be going to the stores to get a dress. Jinhee felt a bit nervous but figured that they would be going to the mall and she had a little money put aside so she would be able to get something fairly nice. Instead of the mall, the car pulled up in front of an all white store with large black doors. There was no sign on the building, not even a hint of an idea that it would be a store. Standing outside the doors was a tall and fabulously dressed woman typing away on her phone. The woman was in an impossibly tight pink dress that stopped around the middle of her thighs and her leopard print dress was hanging around her elbows and the effortless way she carried herself made it more impressive. When Jinhee stepped out of the car, the woman raised her black sunglasses from her face and used them to brush her chin length hair out of her face.
 
"Lee Jinhee?" The woman called out and when Jinhee replied, she put her phone in her gold purse and a huge smile broke out on her face. "Hey! My name is HeiRyung!" She came over and linked arms with Jinhee. "I'm sure Jongin didn't mention me, I'm your sister-in-law."
 
"Oh! Hello, I'm sorry I didn't know he had a sister." Jinhee felt like a child standing next to her and suddenly became aware of how badly she was dressed but HeiRyung didn't seem to care at all as she led her into the building. Inside it was filled with modern clothing in ever possible shade and style. Off in one corner she could see leather and animals prints then in the other corner for some reason there was plastic clothes.
 
"Don't worry about it, Jongin doesn't like talking about family too much. It's a fun little quirk of his. But that doesn't matter because now we get to have fun girl time." HeiRyung dug into her purse and pulled out a black credit card. "Plus I stole your hubby's credit card." HeiRyung winked and happily skipped them into the store. Everything Jinhee looked at was very much not her style so she didn't pick out anything but HeiRyung kept throwing things into the changing area for her to try that eventually the staff had to ask her to trying stuff on so they could make some room. HeiRyung tossed her into the changing room and kept handing her more and more stuff to try.
 
"So, what do you do for work?" Jinhee asked as she slid into a two piece red dress that showed too much of her stomach.
 
"I own this store and several others in China, United States and England." HeiRyung casually threw out and Jinhee popped her head out from the curtain and stared at her with her jaw hanging open. "Business runs in the family I guess. Let me see the dress." Jinhee came out and stood in front of the mirror to get a better look at herself. "The red is too intense for your skin tone. I want to see you show off your figure more, try tighter." HeiRyung commented as she snapped and the staff members came in and took out a large pile of red clothing that had been sitting there waiting for her to try on. After three hours of trying on different dresses, they finally settled on something and it was shipped back out to the salon where Jinhee would be getting ready. The black car was sitting out front again and as Jinhee slid in HeiRyung followed after her.
 
"If you're too busy to come with me..." Jinhee said but HeiRyung waved her off.
 
"Are you kidding me? I get to play dress-up with a life sized barbie. Besides, I want to see my brothers face when I'm done with you." HeiRyung pulled her phone back out.
 
"You're coming tonight?"
 
"Me and my friend were both invited. Perks of daddy being in charge." They pulled up to the hair salon that had an English word in all black across the glass doors but Jinhee didn't have time to read it because HeiRyung was pushing her in through the doors. The whole salon was empty except for three women and one man who all bowed once they stepped inside. HeiRyung greeted them like old friends and they went about looking over Jinhee and wondering what they could do with her. They whispered about her under their breath and she could have sworn they were making fun of her more than they were trying to help. Eventually they whisked her up and put her in a chair where they all started working like a well oiled machine.
 
One of the women was doing her nails while the other was working on her toes and the last woman and man were both doing her hair. It all happened so quickly that Jinhee didn't know what was really happening. The last time she got a hair cut was maybe two years ago and she got it trimmed so watching the chunked of hair float down to the ground was a hard loss. They pulled out machines that she had never seen before and they twisted her hair and pulled it in every direction Once the nails were set the two women started doing her makeup. The sun was starting to set when Jinhee was finally dressed and had everything done. HeiRyung and her female friend got ready in the back of the salon and took considerably less time but they looked incredible. Her friend was in a dark navy dress that exposed her whole back and her thick black hair was tied at the top of her head, HeiRyung was in a deep red dress that crisscrossed against her body making her look like a present. The three women got into the car and were taken to the charity event.
 
"This is Joohyun, my childhood friend. Her family owns the salon." HeiRyung introduced the two of them and Jinhee felt a bit uncomfortable as Joohyun reached across and squeezed HeiRyung's hand and they shared a moment together. Jinhee felt like she was interrupting a date so she went to looking out the window to distract herself while they chatted about their days. Once they reached the venue, there were some people taking photographs.
 
"Wait, why are they here?" Jinhee nervously tugged at her clothes and HeiRyung told her not to worry.
 
"Wherever there is the rich and famous, there will be people trying to catch them looking their worst. So remember to smile and keep your knees together when you get out." A man in all black opened the car door and Joohyun and HeiRyung exited the car. After taking a deep breath Jinhee kept her knees closed the slid out of the car. Standing a few feet away was Jongin looking terribly handsome in a well tailed black suit and his hair was expertly pushed back. HeiRyung watched her brother as it took him a few seconds to realize the woman he was staring at was his future wife. Jinhee was wearing a tight black dress that dropped off the shoulders and had a slit from the bottom to the middle of her left thigh. Her hair was pulled into an up-do but had pieces of hair pulled out with drops of pearls scattered through it and to match it she had a pearl choker. Jongin's mouth fell open and he stalled for a few seconds before stepping forward and offering his arm for her which she graciously took. HeiRyung and Joohyun high-fived each other and walked into the venue.
 
"You look breath taking." Jongin muttered as they followed after them. Jinhee felt a deep heat burn from her neck to her ears and was worried that she would look stupid in front of the photographers but they looked as stunned and confused as Jongin did. None of them knew who she was and as they walked in, she could hear them whispering to each other wondering if she were a celebrity. It put a little extra confidence in her step and for once Jinhee felt like she belonged in a world her father tried to pull her into since she was a child. She went to school with so many girls like HeiRyung and Joohyun but she never made an effort to make friends with them because for some strange reason she thought they were so different but as she walked among them and learned more about her future sister-in-law, she saw that they were just as hard working as she was. Now she just had to survive the rest of the night without embarrassing herself of Jongin which was going to be a challenge.