Drawing

Laughter Is The Best Medicine

NOTE: Sorry for the long wait! :)


LE entered the room with a gloomy look.

“Why? What’s wrong?” Solji asked, sitting upright. LE just looked to her sulkily.

“We just drew each other a few days ago, and we had to draw the person on our left.” Solji nodded, attentively listening to LE’s complaint. “But the thing is…I was sitting on Jeonghwa’s left, and I’m so offended by her drawing!” Solji tried (and badly failed) to hold back the smile growing on her lips.

“Really? Show it to me, I’ll judge for you.” LE nodded, reaching into her bag.

“I brought it. Aish, I honestly just want to burn it to ashes! She even had the guts to say it’s the best drawing of her life!” She ranted, pulling out the drawings and handing them over to Solji. “Unnie, try to guess who drew who.” Solji nodded.

“Alright.” She looked down at the first picture and instantly burst into laughter. “Wha-? Is this Heeyeonie?” She asked, looking at the red haired girl in the drawing. “Oh~ It’s actually quite nice though?” LE nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, I honestly feel that that’s quite well done. Who do you think drew it?”

“Hm… Jeonghwa drew you, so it’s not her… And Heeyeon is the one being drawn… Then Hyelinie?” LE nodded, clapping. “Ah, did I get it right?”

“Yeah, unnie, daebak! You’re like a detective!” Solji gave a small triumph cheer as she moved on to the next picture and started laughing loudly.

“What~? This is Hyelinie?” She asked, as LE nodded. “It really gives off Hyelin’s vibes! I feel like it really shows how Hyelinie is the crazy one among us!”

“Right? She quite liked it too.” LE said proudly, making Solji laugh again.

“Seeing how you’re so proud of it, you drew this, didn’t you?” LE nodded with a smile.

“And I got first place for it too!”

“Really? Wow~!” Solji nodded in approval. “Approved, approved.” Moving on to the next one, she instantly caught the disgusted frown on LE’s face and cracked up. “This is Jeonghwa’s drawing of you?” LE nodded, grimacing.

“I mean… How does this even look remotely similar to me?!” She whined as she pointed to her eyebrows. “Why are my eyebrows so thick?” Then she pointed to her nose. “And this! What is this? It looks like a bird’s beak!” Her finger then trailed over to the nostrils. “This too! How are these nostrils?! More like nose hair!” LE’s every complaint was one barrel of laughs after the other, and Solji was left holding her sides, tears pricking in the corner of her eyes, as she listened to the younger girls rant. “Aish, seriously…” LE pouted as Solji struggled to catch her breath.

“I think she did well in the eyes though. And maybe the hair. Everything else…” Solji snickered again, quickly drawing deep breaths to calm herself down. “Ah… My sides hurt. It was so funny…!” Another wave of laughter hit Solji as soon as she caught a glimpse of the drawing in her hands and recalled LE’s complaints. LE smiled a little, seeing Solji laughing so brightly and carefreely.

“If you think mine is that funny, wait til you see Heeyeon’s drawing of Jeonghwa.” She chuckled. “Hers was the one they chose for last place.” Solji smiled in anticipation.

“Really? I’m a little scared to see it now.” She said as she looked to the next picture and, had she been sitting on the floor, she would’ve been rolling on the floor in laughter. “What’s this?” She asked as she laughed again. “Is this supposed to be Jeonghwa?” LE couldn’t hold back her grin either as she pointed to the hair.

“I even asked Heeyeon if these were noodles.” Solji gave a high-pitched laugh at LE’s comment. “Even Jjong asked if this was a mockery. She said Heeyeon drew her like a fool.”

“Aigoo~ our poor maknae~!” Solji cooed with another laugh.

“She even told her to redraw it!” This time, LE joined Solji in laughter as she recalled that moment. “And Heeyeon was like,” LE imitated Hani pointing at Jeonghwa’s drawing and her own drawing. “Ya, how is yours different from mine?” Her imitation only made Solji laugh harder as she waved her hand at LE.

“Stop, stop, I’m laughing too hard!” She said, tears freely streaming down her face from the endless laughter. A deep breath to put an end to her laughter was instantly thwarted by LE, who let out a snicker, starting her off again. It wasn’t long before LE was joining her in hearty laughter, her previous gloomy mood over the drawing forgotten.