How It Began

Laughter Is The Best Medicine

LE peered into the room, seeing Solji staring blankly out of the window, and frowned.

"Oh, are you here to visit Solji-ssi?" A passing nurse asked as LE nodded in reply.

"Ah, yeah, I am." The nurse smiled.

"That's great. Maybe you can cheer her up. I haven't seen her smile since she was first admitted." LE frowned at that.

"Really? I see..." She looked back into the room, seeing Solji let out a sigh, before turning to the nurse. "Excuse me, do you have an extra uniform I could borrow for a bit?"

 

Solji sighed as she watched the clouds go past in the vast blue sky outside. Until when will she be trapped in this room? Until when can she finally be free to do whatever she wanted again? Another sigh left her lips and she looked down. She kept promising her fans that she'll return, but will she even be able to recover? And even if she does, will she even recover in time before their contracts expire? She hated being in the hospital room like this. Being alone left her with loud thoughts and worries she wished she could just ignore. A knock on the door and the sound of the door opening told Solji of a visitor, likely just another one of her assigned nurses.

"Hi, I'm your new nurse, specially assigned to you! If there's anything you need, please let me know!" Solji looked over upon hearing the new yet familiar voice, and promptly burst into laughter.

"LE?" LE walked over, donned in nurse uniform, wearing a smirk on her face.

"At your service!" She chirped in a fake cheerful voice, making Solji laugh again.

"What are you doing here? In fact, what are you even doing right now? Where did you get that?" She asked as LE walked to her side.

"I borrowed it. Do you like it?" She asked, putting on a hopeful expectant look on her face as Solji laughed again.

"Not at all. I prefer you in a hoodie or in headphones." She teased.

"Ok, give me a while to change back then." LE was quick to turn on her heels. "This uniform is so uncomfortable. How do those nurses even bear it?" Solji just smirked.

"On second thought, it fits you well. I wanna see you in that getup a little longer." LE stuck her tongue out at her.

"No way, you've made your call, I'm changing back into my hoodie." Solji just laughed.

"So you're a nurse for just 5 minutes? What did you even do that for?" LE just smiled back at her over her shoulder from the door.

"To make you laugh." And then she left the room, leaving a slightly red-faced Solji, who turned back to stare out of the window again, but this time, there was a smile on her face.