Chapters 4 & 5

Shot Another

Chapter 4:

Seulgi lounged on her twin sized bed. On the other side of the wall, there was the sound of Seungkwan strumming her guitar. And just a bus stop or two away were the rest of the girls. Seulgi snuggled deeper into her blankets at the pleasing thoughts.

They would have to plan what they were going to do during the weekend especially since Seulgi didn’t want to let this opportunity of Sooyoung and Yerim being closer to go to waste. Just imagining what they could do was making Seulgi excited. She sat up in her bed and unplugged her phone from the charger. She wouldn’t mind going on a hike and so she looked up trails they can try. It couldn’t be a trail where the least physically active girls wouldn’t mind such a distance but still give a challenge to both Seulgi and Joy.

Now, if only there is a dog park, a laundry mat, a café, and a PC room at the top of the mountain and they’d all be good with such motivators for each girl and their preferences. When no such trail could be found, Seulgi shrugged it off. Irene already had separate plans in set for a road trip to the beach as well as to the amusement park for another weekend. And Seulgi didn’t want Irene to be the only planner so she wanted to plan an activity for them all too.

It wasn’t until much later did Seulgi discover what she wanted to do with them all. It was only a matter of booking a time. Seulgi was just about to get out of her bed to consult her roommate about it but the darkness in her room threw her off.

“What? It can’t be late already.” She checked the time and gasped. “It is late.” Feeling dejected, she slumped back down onto her pillows.

She was already looking forward to spending her time with her four friends and the anticipation was starting to build. After placing her phone on the bed stand, she snuggled back into her blankets. She couldn’t wait to share her plans with Seungkwan in the morning.

When she did relay her plans, Seungkwan oddly stared at her with wide eyes. Seulgi felt a sudden unease as she looked down at her phone. “What?”

“You do know we have Yerim and Joohyun to consider, right?” Wendy didn’t give her time to answer such an obvious question. Wendy placed her hands on Seulgi’s shoulders and squeezed. “Right?”

Seulgi frowned for the first time. “Yes?” The serious tone in Seungkwan’s question was starting to make her question herself now.

“You do know who Yeri and Irene are? You know how they can be?” Wendy peered directly into her crazy friend’s eyes. “You know how much they hate being surprised?”

Seulgi slowly nodded at each question shot at her and asked one of her own. “But what’s wrong with bungee jumping?”

Wendy groaned.

Chapter 5:

Yeri hummed to herself. She placed her coffee cup upside down in the sink after rinsing it out. Joy was still asleep, dead to the world even though it was well into the morning.

The youngest pulled out her phone. Yeri giggled at her prized picture of Sooyoung sleeping with wide open. She was deciding if it was worth it to make it her wallpaper with the chance of the subject of the photo finding out and deleting it. Yeri would always have to be on the lookout for her and be on watch for her phone being stolen by the older girl. Or not. You just never knew with Sooyoung sometimes. The girl could very well find humor in the photo and may possibly be offended should Yeri later change her wallpaper.

With that in mind, she changed her wallpaper. She made her way back to their shared room to check on her roommate just in time to see the girl sitting up with bed hair. Yeri was just about to take yet another incriminating photo when Joy’s eyes brightened in a freakish manner.

Yeri was both surprised and scared as Joy threw her blankets off of her form. “What?” she asked as Joy started to immediately strip and Yeri almost screamed. “What are you doing?!”

Joy laughed and that was when Yeri was back hugged by the crazy girl. “What do you mean?”

Yeri screamed this time before struggling out of the arm lock. “Oh my god! Let me go you weirdo!” Unlike yesterday, Joy listened and released the thrashing girl.

“Do you want to go to the park with me today?” Joy asked casually as she walked to their shared closet.

Yeri frowned after composing herself. “No.”

Joy scoffed. “I’ll buy you a smoothie.”

Yeri, with her large smoothie in hand, followed after Joy as the girl seemed to actually know where she was going in the park and ended up leaving Yeri behind. Taking a draw from her cup, Yeri let the peace of the morning take precedence in calming her mind. Figuring the older girl would find her if she needed to, Yeri sat down at the first bench she saw. She thought nothing of her choice of seat until a guy sat down at the other end. She eyed the stranger for a split second before dismissing his presence.

He was obviously distressed and Joohyun’s words from childhood were drilled into her brain. ‘Never ever talk or approach a stranger.’ So Yeri continued sipping her smoothie.

He made a call and if his behavior didn’t show his distress, it was more than prevalent in his voice. “Did you find Yeontan? No? I haven’t found him either. I’m on the southern side.”

Yeri figured it wasn’t a very nice thing to listen in on his end of the conversation and so thought it best to leave him alone with some privacy. She got up just as Joy made her appearance across the field. Yeri made a beeline for her friend.

However, Joy, the crazy dog lady, stopped when she noticed a dog running with its owner. Yeri sighed but figured it was at least better that Joy wasn’t taking pictures obnoxiously of every dog she saw. Which, to stop her from always doing that, it took the combined efforts of Irene, Seulgi and Wendy to break that habit of hers as they held a sort of intervention for the crazy dog lady.

While shaking her head, Yeri walked up to her friend. “Hey weirdo. Are we done?”

Joy frowned at the offending name but chose not to comment on that. “Maybe.”

Yeri knew the non-answer was the result of the name calling. “Then did you want to start finding a place for lunch?”

“Maybe.” Yeri huffed and that broke her friend who laughed. “I’m kidding. Seungkwan asked if we wanted to meet her and Seulgi on their campus,” she wiggled her phone at Yeri who nodded.

“Fine.”

They made their way to the closest bus stop with Joy in rather high spirits.