Chapter 19

Shot Another

Chapter 19

When it came to silence, Yeri was an unwanted recipient. Sure it was okay for her to give someone the silent treatment but not to anyone that mattered. It wasn’t right to expect everyone to abide selfish rules but Yeri felt she was left with no choice at times. It was one of the reasons that no matter how irritated or disappointed they got, her four older sisters never stopped talking to her.

The time came when Joy came back to the apartment, where she wasn’t supposed to leave in the first place, as happy as could be. She was practically radiating in her happiness. “I’m telling Joohyun you left the apartment.”

Sooyoung didn’t even bat an eye at the threat. “Guess who I saw today?”

“Joohyun is going to be mad.”

“I bet you’re never going to guess right.”

Yeri looked down at her phone. “Joohyun should be having her break now.”

“Fine, I’ll give you a hint. It’s a guy.”

Without any more consideration to getting Joy in trouble with Joohyun, Yeri knew she was caught when she gave the older girl her full attention. “A guy?”

Joy nodded brightly. “Yes. Now which guy?”

“Minho?” It wouldn’t be too much of a reach if the Joohyun’s ex might miss her that much.

Joy shook her head. “Nope. Guess again.”

“Mmm, Key?”

“Key? Ah! No, not him.”

And on they went with their makeshift guessing with Minho being the only plausible answer. Both girls were getting frustrated with each other on opposite ends of the stick that they were on the verge of beating each other with.

Finally, Yerim had enough. “Fine, I give up. Who was it?”

“Baekhyun.”

Yeri pondered on the name until a face popped into her mind. “Him?”

Joy nodded, looking rather relieved that the guessing game was now over. “He said he was visiting some guy he knew that lived in the neighborhood.”

“And?” They both lounged on different sides of the couch

“And he wanted to know if we want to meet up with him and the boys for a get together or something.”

“Joohyun’s gonna say no.”

“Yup. He even told me, no, more like he begged me to convince her.”

Yeri scoffed. “Joohyun’s gonna say no.”

Joy took her word for it, after all, she knew Irene the best. “He gave me his number though.” Without any prompt, she posted the contact information on the group chat.

It took a while for the older girls to check in the chat and they too had inquiries about it. Joy took the reins and shared her interaction with the guy in written form and then that was it.

Oh, and Joohyun said no.