Chapter 16

Shot Another

Seungwan looked over Joy’s non-existent digital trail to make sure there was nothing that indicated any breach but Joy was in top form and Seungwan couldn’t detect anything. She closed the program and logged off the computer. Next to her in the next booth, Seulgi groaned. Knowing that the other girl should be looking into the vehicle owner, Seungwan suspected the worst and quickly leaned over to see what had Seulgi in such a state.

Only to hit her friend’s shoulder.

“Hey!” Seulgi exclaimed as she spared her the barest look of mild discontentment before returning her attention back to her game. “You almost got me killed.”

Wendy scoffed. “Sure. In more ways than one.”

“Hey!” Seulgi called out again as Wendy resumed her seat. “I caught that.”

“Uh-huh,” Wendy smartly shot back as she packed her bag of the decryption equipment. As more caution dictated, she also took surveillance of computer café again. Nothing and no one of suspicion.

She ducked her head and let her hair sweep over her shoulder to block any prying eyes from taking in the equipment she was packing that isn’t often found at a public place like this. But one person took notice of her and her hair particularly. His eyes watched the way the strange girl’s hair tumbled over her shoulder mesmerizingly. He didn’t even notice her packing up until she whipped her hair back in a very practiced manner and he caught a glimpse of her cheekbones as she leaned over to the computer stationed next to her. Quickly, he checked to see if it was a guy that was neighboring her and he found an odd feeling of satisfaction that it was another girl that had her attention.

He turned his eyes back to his computer screen only to find out he died and his teammates were calling him all sorts of names on the chat. One click and the message box disappeared and he was free to sneak a glance at her again only to see her exiting with the other girl. It was then his phone went off and the stranger guy next to him shot him an irritated look over the sudden interruption.

On his other side, Namjoon laughed at him. “Come on, Hoseok. What happened? I just one shot you out of the team fight.” Some more clicking and Namjoon leaned back in his gaming chair with a rather victorious air to his posture. “You’re not gonna answer that?” he nodded to the still ringing phone. “It’s probably Jimin or Seokjin getting mad at you for throwing the game.”

Hoseok shook his head but the image in his head kept rewinding of long tresses tumbling down like a waterfall.