Love was Made for Me and You

More Than Best Friends | New Year's Special

 

 

In front of our house.

Jennie walked me here all the way from the campus. She made sure that I'm alright.

"Thanks for helping me Jennie, I appreciate it a lot," I said as I smiled a bit.

"What friends are for? It's nothing Lisa."

I held her hand "It means so much to me," I genuinely said.

Jennie smiled "Okay... but Lisa, I think you need to talk to Chaeyoung about your feelings." She advised.

"What for? She already has a boyfriend," I bitterly said.

"Because she's your best friend Lisa. She deserves to know it. She's confused of why are you acting like this," Jennie said as she squeezed my hand.

I averted my eyes from her "I can't... I can't do it right now. It hurts me so much. I knew that she was just playing around but I still fell for her. It's my fault because I'm so dumb."

"It's not your fault, don't blame yourself," Jennie firmly said.

I looked back at her and tears were already running down my cheeks like a waterfalls  "But it's true, I have no control of myself. It's stupid."

"It's love Lisa, you don't know who you gonna fall in love with. It's not stupid, it's love," she said as she put her hand on my chest.

"It really hurts Jennie..." I sniffled.

Jennie hugged me "Of course it is. Pain is part of love. You're hurt because you love her. If you didn't love her, you wouldn't be hurt this much. You wouldn't be affected Lisa but you do."

She massaged my back to comfort me.

"I hope that she's happy with him," I said. It's true. I want Chaeyoung to be happy even if it's not me that she loves. I just need time to accept it.

"I admire you Lisa, you're such an amazing person," Jennie said as pulled back to face me. "Okay... just take your time and when you're ready, talk to her."

I merely nodded.

Jennie wiped my tears "I gotta go Lisa. I know you need some time alone."

"Thank you Jennie," I hugged her briefly again then we let go of each other.

"Fighting!" She cheered.

I weakly smiled "See you tomorrow."

"Okay. Aloha," Jennie waved goodbye then walked away.

I walked inside the gate and sighed heavily.

My heart is aching but I have to accept the fact that Chaeyoung only loves me as a friend and nothing more. She has a boyfriend now. It will not be the same if I tell her my feelings, it will be awkward and she might go away.

But yeah, it's not the same anymore because I love her. Things will never be the same for us because I screwed up.

Then I heard knocks at our gate, maybe Jennie forgot something so I quickly opened it.

My eyes went round when I saw Chaeyoung instead of Jennie, I was about to close the gate but she blocked her body.

"You have a girlfriend huh?" She said in disbelief. Her eyes were bloodshot and puffed. Did she cry?

I swallowed silently "And you have a boyfriend. Please Chaeyoung, leave me alone." It sounded broken because I couldn't control it anymore.

Chaeyoung entered and she closed the gate "I'm not leaving."

"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked deadpanned.

"No... why are you doing this Lisa? I thought that we have the same feelings but it seems like I just imagined it. I'm really delusional huh..." She said bitterly as her tears shimmered in her eyes.

"What are you saying?" I asked confused.

"You know that I love you Lisa! You just met Jennie and now, she's your girlfriend!?" She raised her voice seemed disappointed as she raked her fingers through her hair.

"You love me?" I was utterly bewildered by her confession.

"Of course I do! Isn't obvious?" She asked offended. "Don't you feel it?"

My forehead puckered "But you have a boyfriend Chaeyoung. You ditched our dinner because of him!"

"He's not my boyfriend, its just a rumor that Taehyung's friends made up," she explained.

"W-what?" Now it's really confusing.

"And that night, Taehyung confessed to me but I rejected him. He told me that he would commit suicide so I followed him to their house. I was afraid that he would do such things. Yes, I forgot our dinner that time because I had to talk to his parents about it. I don't like him Lisa. My heart only belongs to you," she elaborated as her eyes flooded with tears.

Chaeyoung loves me. She really does. My heart started palpitating. Is this real?

"I thought you were straight and just playing around."

"Playing around?" She asked in disbelief. "I'm not that kind of person. I show my feelings, not just playing around." She sounded hurt.

"I love you too Chaeyoung," I genuinely said.

Chaeyoung stared at me, dumbfounded.

"I thought you chose Taehyung over me. I was hurt because I was ready to make us official that night."

"I . I'm sorry Lisa..."

I sprinted to her and hugged her "Now that I know the reason, you are forgiven. I love you Chaeng."

She just held  my waist but not hugging me back "Wait... but you have a girlfriend."

"Jennie is my girl friend, a friend which is a girl," I clarified as I pulled back to face her. "We became close that night. She's our neighbor and she knows my feelings for you. She also thought that you didn't love me because I told her what happened that night," I explained.

"I'm sorry for the misunderstanding Lisa. It won't happen again. I love you so much," she said then wrapped her arms around my waist. "I love you Lalisa Manoban."

"And I love you too Park Chaeyoung. My Rosé," I smiled as I hugged her tightly.

We both pulled away as we stared at each other lovingly.

Chaeyoung pouted cutely "But I thought Jennie liked you." She looked jealous and it's adorable.

I shook my head then suddenly, I pecked her lips "She doesn't, we're just friends."

Chaeyoung couldn't hide her smile "Really?" She tried to act tough again.

So I kissed her again "Really."

Chaeyoung held my cheeks to steady me then she pressed her lips to mine. Her soft lips slowly moved and I felt like I was on cloud nine. I felt ecstatic when our lips locked and my hands held her waist pulling her closer to me.

Our kiss was slow and passionate. It wasn't aggressive. Just simple as we showed how we felt. Our heads were turning opposite sides as our lips locked perfectly. Our noses also bumped few times but I couldn't care less. I was enjoying the kiss with my love.

Sadly, we had to pull away and break the kiss because we had to breathe.

We were staring at each other then giggled.

"Lisa... are we... are we official now?" Chaeyoung asked nervously.

I beamed at her and nodded "Yes Chaeng. We're official now. You are my girlfriend. You are mine," I claimed.

She also smiled widely showing her white teeth "So that means you are my girlfriend and you are mine too."

I nodded to confirm it "Yes my Rosé."

"You don't know how much happy I am Lisa. You make me happy and you bring out the best in me. I love you and I won't get tired saying those words," she sweetly said.

"Thank you for not giving up on me Chaeng... I love you."

And again, our lips met.



 

×




The End.